or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1876

post #28126 of 54949

Just to confirm, Kimber's shoes aren't made in Australia?

post #28127 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Just to confirm, Kimber's shoes aren't made in Australia?

Nope, Spain.
post #28128 of 54949
Hey Sydney-siders

Came across this mob on Military Road, Neutral Bay, yesterday:

http://luxiusshirts.blogspot.com.au/

MTM Shirtmakers primarily (but they also make suits). Shirts made in South Korea. Some Acorn and Monti fabrics and other smaller Italian and Japanese mills. Shirts apparently start from $109. Monti fabrics start from about $189. Two-week turnaround time for a shirt. Run by a Korean (I think) guy called Patrick Oh. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Quite a few fabrics in store.

Anyone heard of them?
post #28129 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Anyone take any good Pics from the night?

 

I've got some pictures but haven't had a chance to upload them to the blog yet. I expect to do that tonight.

post #28130 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Hey Sydney-siders

Came across this mob on Military Road, Neutral Bay, yesterday:

http://luxiusshirts.blogspot.com.au/

MTM Shirtmakers primarily (but they also make suits). Shirts made in South Korea. Some Acorn and Monti fabrics and other smaller Italian and Japanese mills. Shirts apparently start from $109. Monti fabrics start from about $189. Two-week turnaround time for a shirt. Run by a Korean (I think) guy called Patrick Oh. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Quite a few fabrics in store.

Anyone heard of them?
Good find CEP, shirts look pretty decent for the price. I like this:

post #28131 of 54949
Too tight in the waist--not a great advertisement.
post #28132 of 54949
Bit of Prince Charles style. Linen Db jacket perhaps? Plus very high rise pants and very, very low tie clip.

post #28133 of 54949
^^Hard to tell with that fabric.

Just a bit wary of taking the plunge, even at this price.

Will have to think about it. Maybe start with a cheaper fabric as a test...
post #28134 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Bit of Prince Charles style. Linen Db jacket perhaps? Plus very high rise pants and very, very low tie clip.


Charlie always looks great, I'd even go so far as to say he is beyond critisicm for things like low tie clips (more practical than a high one) and un-done DB coats (prob for cooling purposes if in linen), simply because he is always so well put together.
post #28135 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Hey Sydney-siders

Came across this mob on Military Road, Neutral Bay, yesterday:

http://luxiusshirts.blogspot.com.au/

MTM Shirtmakers primarily (but they also make suits). Shirts made in South Korea. Some Acorn and Monti fabrics and other smaller Italian and Japanese mills. Shirts apparently start from $109. Monti fabrics start from about $189. Two-week turnaround time for a shirt. Run by a Korean (I think) guy called Patrick Oh. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Quite a few fabrics in store.

Anyone heard of them?

I walk past them all the time but never given it a shot ... id be interested in feedback too!

post #28136 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Too tight in the waist--not a great advertisement.
My comment was really more about the fabric but I don't agree with you about the fit. It's cut on the slim side rather than parachutesque, but I wouldn't say too tight. Maybe too tight for some, but it's within the spectrum IMO. The bit of overhang of fabric over the trousers indicates he can certainly breathe or have a big lunch if he wants to...

And if you have a look at the link CEP posted most of the shirts modelled on a real person are cut similar; none are what I would call "too tight".
post #28137 of 54949

G'day Gents,

 

Does anyone have any experience purchasing liquor from overseas (particularly Scotch)? Wodnering if you might have a ballpark figure for any additional duties payable on 2 x 700 ml bottles costing 25 quid each.
 

post #28138 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post

G'day Gents,

Does anyone have any experience purchasing liquor from overseas (particularly Scotch)? Wodnering if you might have a ballpark figure for any additional duties payable on 2 x 700 ml bottles costing 25 quid each.

 
I dare say duties and taxes will be prohibitive, and you will be better off heading to Dan Murph's.
post #28139 of 54949
C'mon, it's pulling at the last button. If he eats a big lunch he'll have someone's eye out
post #28140 of 54949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

I walk past them all the time but never given it a shot ... id be interested in feedback too!

 

This kinda frightens me/turns me off:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members