Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1864post #27946 of 640263/10/13 at 12:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27947 of 640263/10/13 at 12:34am
That tie is more fashion than style, I think. I really wish I bought the navy tie with the white zig-zags when I saw them a while back. It's not that bad, but I'm finding myself more and more conservative as time goes on.
Regarding people going straight to MTM, I agree that it might not be wise move for people who don't wear suits, but I think there is some middle ground between that and wearing a suit all day to work for a few years.post #27948 of 640263/10/13 at 12:53ampost #27949 of 640263/10/13 at 12:59ampost #27950 of 640263/10/13 at 3:27ampost #27951 of 640263/10/13 at 4:09amQuote:
No pictures, but I can offer a vague guide to my technique.
Start each new coat at the tip of the toe and work your way back as your use the polish up. It should allow you to still get the mirror shine on the cap, as well as slowly decreasing the amount of polish you use further back. Let me dig out a pair and I'll see if I can snag a crappy photo for you tomorrow. They aren't mirror shined, but are bulled at the tip and heel.post #27952 of 640263/10/13 at 12:52pmpost #27953 of 640263/10/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formalQuote:
Bresciani? Or the ones at the armoury (name escapes me) but I have a few pairs and they are transparent lolpost #27954 of 640263/10/13 at 4:08pmpost #27955 of 640263/10/13 at 5:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I've recently joined an Aussie splits site, and I've posted a request there for you. I could get you some for $2.40/ml plus shipping.
If HdP is your go, you should get onto their samples. Any six samples for 10 euro, can't go wrong.
Maison Francis Kirkdjian has a similar deal of 4 2ml samples for 12 euros shipped. Well worth it to try their Oud
Thanks for that. $2.40/mL is certainly cheaper than LuckyScent. How do I arrange to get the samples? PM?
I tried a few more:
1. Terres D Hermes- a bit unexciting on skin;
2. Leather Oud by Dior- too aggressive for CBD;
3. Chergui by Lutens- a bit cloying;
4. CDG2Man- synthetic;
5. Wonderwood- disappeared on skin, one dimensional;
Amouage Memoir still the go, the vetiver/oud/wood drydown is scintilating. But projection is a bit weak, and very pricey.
CDG Odeur 71 sounds interesting. If the smell of ozone prior to a thunderstorm can really be replicated, that would be great. Reminds me of the smell when a thunderstorm is about to hit in the tropics and the cool change coming in.post #27956 of 640263/10/13 at 5:37pmHas anyone had issues with getting dliveries from Mr Porter? They use DHL signed-for, and the NAP rules apparently are that they won't leave it at the door and they won't let me redirect it to work. Since we all know that courier drivers wait all of 5 picoseconds before deciding nobody is home, it looks like I'm going to have to drive out all the way to Dandenong on a business day to pick up a few socks. F*** that, frankly. If I have to do that, Mr Porter won't be getting my business again.post #27957 of 640263/10/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Very confused at this. What do you mean they won't let you redirect it to work? Why not list your work address as the postal address?post #27958 of 640263/10/13 at 6:06pmpost #27959 of 640263/10/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by RompQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formal
No dramas. Let me know when you'd be winning to have a sale in Adelaide :)post #27960 of 640263/10/13 at 6:24pm
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 15 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...