Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1864post #27946 of 679463/10/13 at 12:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27947 of 679463/10/13 at 12:34am
That tie is more fashion than style, I think. I really wish I bought the navy tie with the white zig-zags when I saw them a while back. It's not that bad, but I'm finding myself more and more conservative as time goes on.
Regarding people going straight to MTM, I agree that it might not be wise move for people who don't wear suits, but I think there is some middle ground between that and wearing a suit all day to work for a few years.post #27948 of 679463/10/13 at 12:53ampost #27949 of 679463/10/13 at 12:59ampost #27950 of 679463/10/13 at 3:27ampost #27951 of 679463/10/13 at 4:09amQuote:
No pictures, but I can offer a vague guide to my technique.
Start each new coat at the tip of the toe and work your way back as your use the polish up. It should allow you to still get the mirror shine on the cap, as well as slowly decreasing the amount of polish you use further back. Let me dig out a pair and I'll see if I can snag a crappy photo for you tomorrow. They aren't mirror shined, but are bulled at the tip and heel.post #27952 of 679463/10/13 at 12:52pmpost #27953 of 679463/10/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formalQuote:
Bresciani? Or the ones at the armoury (name escapes me) but I have a few pairs and they are transparent lolpost #27954 of 679463/10/13 at 4:08pmpost #27955 of 679463/10/13 at 5:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I've recently joined an Aussie splits site, and I've posted a request there for you. I could get you some for $2.40/ml plus shipping.
If HdP is your go, you should get onto their samples. Any six samples for 10 euro, can't go wrong.
Maison Francis Kirkdjian has a similar deal of 4 2ml samples for 12 euros shipped. Well worth it to try their Oud
Thanks for that. $2.40/mL is certainly cheaper than LuckyScent. How do I arrange to get the samples? PM?
I tried a few more:
1. Terres D Hermes- a bit unexciting on skin;
2. Leather Oud by Dior- too aggressive for CBD;
3. Chergui by Lutens- a bit cloying;
4. CDG2Man- synthetic;
5. Wonderwood- disappeared on skin, one dimensional;
Amouage Memoir still the go, the vetiver/oud/wood drydown is scintilating. But projection is a bit weak, and very pricey.
CDG Odeur 71 sounds interesting. If the smell of ozone prior to a thunderstorm can really be replicated, that would be great. Reminds me of the smell when a thunderstorm is about to hit in the tropics and the cool change coming in.post #27956 of 679463/10/13 at 5:37pmHas anyone had issues with getting dliveries from Mr Porter? They use DHL signed-for, and the NAP rules apparently are that they won't leave it at the door and they won't let me redirect it to work. Since we all know that courier drivers wait all of 5 picoseconds before deciding nobody is home, it looks like I'm going to have to drive out all the way to Dandenong on a business day to pick up a few socks. F*** that, frankly. If I have to do that, Mr Porter won't be getting my business again.post #27957 of 679463/10/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Very confused at this. What do you mean they won't let you redirect it to work? Why not list your work address as the postal address?post #27958 of 679463/10/13 at 6:06pmpost #27959 of 679463/10/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by RompQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formal
No dramas. Let me know when you'd be winning to have a sale in Adelaide :)post #27960 of 679463/10/13 at 6:24pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Recent purchases - Part II 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 59 seconds ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...