Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1864post #27946 of 525133/10/13 at 12:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27947 of 525133/10/13 at 12:34am
That tie is more fashion than style, I think. I really wish I bought the navy tie with the white zig-zags when I saw them a while back. It's not that bad, but I'm finding myself more and more conservative as time goes on.
Regarding people going straight to MTM, I agree that it might not be wise move for people who don't wear suits, but I think there is some middle ground between that and wearing a suit all day to work for a few years.post #27948 of 525133/10/13 at 12:53ampost #27949 of 525133/10/13 at 12:59ampost #27950 of 525133/10/13 at 3:27ampost #27951 of 525133/10/13 at 4:09amQuote:
No pictures, but I can offer a vague guide to my technique.
Start each new coat at the tip of the toe and work your way back as your use the polish up. It should allow you to still get the mirror shine on the cap, as well as slowly decreasing the amount of polish you use further back. Let me dig out a pair and I'll see if I can snag a crappy photo for you tomorrow. They aren't mirror shined, but are bulled at the tip and heel.post #27952 of 525133/10/13 at 12:52pmpost #27953 of 525133/10/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formalQuote:
Bresciani? Or the ones at the armoury (name escapes me) but I have a few pairs and they are transparent lolpost #27954 of 525133/10/13 at 4:08pmpost #27955 of 525133/10/13 at 5:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I've recently joined an Aussie splits site, and I've posted a request there for you. I could get you some for $2.40/ml plus shipping.
If HdP is your go, you should get onto their samples. Any six samples for 10 euro, can't go wrong.
Maison Francis Kirkdjian has a similar deal of 4 2ml samples for 12 euros shipped. Well worth it to try their Oud
Thanks for that. $2.40/mL is certainly cheaper than LuckyScent. How do I arrange to get the samples? PM?
I tried a few more:
1. Terres D Hermes- a bit unexciting on skin;
2. Leather Oud by Dior- too aggressive for CBD;
3. Chergui by Lutens- a bit cloying;
4. CDG2Man- synthetic;
5. Wonderwood- disappeared on skin, one dimensional;
Amouage Memoir still the go, the vetiver/oud/wood drydown is scintilating. But projection is a bit weak, and very pricey.
CDG Odeur 71 sounds interesting. If the smell of ozone prior to a thunderstorm can really be replicated, that would be great. Reminds me of the smell when a thunderstorm is about to hit in the tropics and the cool change coming in.post #27956 of 525133/10/13 at 5:37pmHas anyone had issues with getting dliveries from Mr Porter? They use DHL signed-for, and the NAP rules apparently are that they won't leave it at the door and they won't let me redirect it to work. Since we all know that courier drivers wait all of 5 picoseconds before deciding nobody is home, it looks like I'm going to have to drive out all the way to Dandenong on a business day to pick up a few socks. F*** that, frankly. If I have to do that, Mr Porter won't be getting my business again.post #27957 of 525133/10/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Very confused at this. What do you mean they won't let you redirect it to work? Why not list your work address as the postal address?post #27958 of 525133/10/13 at 6:06pmpost #27959 of 525133/10/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by RompQuote:
Haven't got my price list handy but I'd be guessing it be starting in the 400-500 range. Keep in mind for a casual jacket it'd be a tad more as the entry level cloths are quite business/formal
No dramas. Let me know when you'd be winning to have a sale in Adelaide :)post #27960 of 525133/10/13 at 6:24pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › How to use custom lapel pins 2 minutes ago
- › Ted Baker "Judd" Sport Coat Worth the Money?? 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Epaulet Double Breasted Veneto 3 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 13 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)