Yeah I wear cotton most days in summer and wool a day or two a week--the wool socks are definitely not a lot hotter and may be about the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1858post #27856 of 665623/7/13 at 6:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27857 of 665623/7/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
Yes and your right about the new CD it is something special. Did you pick it up at Birdland? Tina Harrod never heard of her.post #27858 of 665623/7/13 at 6:51pmpost #27859 of 665623/7/13 at 6:52pmpost #27860 of 665623/7/13 at 6:59pmpost #27861 of 665623/7/13 at 7:14pmpost #27862 of 665623/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Sorry, was a little brief in my haste. He has a new MTM suit business going public sometime soon-ish, which I suspect will fit your criteria. If you search back through his posts here you'll see some more info.post #27863 of 665623/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #27864 of 665623/7/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebosschamp
Hi all, I need a new suit. I want quality but I can't do off the rack as I have a weird body shape (I have weird long arms). I'm keen to try a tailored suit but I have no idea of tailoring in Adelaide or Melbourne. I live in Adelaide but I go to Melbourne regularly for work. Budget is about $1k. Any suggestions?
How weird are your arms? Have a think about picking up something from ebay with unfinished sleeves (so you give your tailor a head start). For example, the sleeves on this are fairly long to begin with and you could probably still get another inch or two. Contact the vendor to find out. Alterations from a decent tailor (not one of those crappy alterations places) will set you back another $200 to $300. So about a grand all up.
The ebay link is only an example, I have no idea of your style, size etc...
EDIT - sorry just noticed that example was a 50US not a 50EU. So sleeves aren't that long.
Edited by boff - 3/7/13 at 8:06pmpost #27865 of 665623/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27866 of 665623/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27867 of 665623/7/13 at 8:16pmpost #27868 of 665623/7/13 at 8:17pm
Any other suggestions for places to get dress trousers from?
HY, Luxire are off the list.
Brooks Brothers, Jos A Bank, Yoox, Mr. Porter and similar I have been through and found naught.
I'd actually considering going down the tailored route if the pants could come in under $250, otherwise
is there any other place in Melbourne to pick up some nice pants?
I think Online is cost prohibitive due to shipping charges.
thanks.post #27869 of 665623/7/13 at 8:30pmpost #27870 of 665623/7/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Any Qld member after some fragrances? According to their site these guys stock Creed, Amouage and a host of other high-end brands. Could be well worth a look.
3 DAYS ONLY
MINIMUM OF 50% OFF EVERYTHING
DISCOUNTS OF UP TO 80% OFF
PRICES STARTING FORM $10
TESTERS FROM JUST $20
Thursday 7th March 4pm - 7.30pm
Friday 8th March 8.30am - 5pm
Saturday 9th March 8.30am - 12pm
Libertine Parfumerie Warehouse
304 Montague Road, corner Ashington Street
West End, Queensland
phone: 07 3844 4233
You are an evil man.
Just as well I am in Sydney.
And unfortunately, I have found Amouage Memoir. Sublime, woody smoky and complex. Exactly what I have been looking for.
Sigh sigh sigh.
Anyone knows where I can get the smaller bottle on the cheap? Strawberry Net has the best price ATM.
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 8 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories