Yeah I wear cotton most days in summer and wool a day or two a week--the wool socks are definitely not a lot hotter and may be about the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1858post #27856 of 679463/7/13 at 6:42pmpost #27857 of 679463/7/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
Yes and your right about the new CD it is something special. Did you pick it up at Birdland? Tina Harrod never heard of her.post #27858 of 679463/7/13 at 6:51pmpost #27859 of 679463/7/13 at 6:52pmpost #27860 of 679463/7/13 at 6:59pmpost #27861 of 679463/7/13 at 7:14pmpost #27862 of 679463/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Sorry, was a little brief in my haste. He has a new MTM suit business going public sometime soon-ish, which I suspect will fit your criteria. If you search back through his posts here you'll see some more info.post #27863 of 679463/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #27864 of 679463/7/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebosschamp
Hi all, I need a new suit. I want quality but I can't do off the rack as I have a weird body shape (I have weird long arms). I'm keen to try a tailored suit but I have no idea of tailoring in Adelaide or Melbourne. I live in Adelaide but I go to Melbourne regularly for work. Budget is about $1k. Any suggestions?
How weird are your arms? Have a think about picking up something from ebay with unfinished sleeves (so you give your tailor a head start). For example, the sleeves on this are fairly long to begin with and you could probably still get another inch or two. Contact the vendor to find out. Alterations from a decent tailor (not one of those crappy alterations places) will set you back another $200 to $300. So about a grand all up.
The ebay link is only an example, I have no idea of your style, size etc...
EDIT - sorry just noticed that example was a 50US not a 50EU. So sleeves aren't that long.
Edited by boff - 3/7/13 at 8:06pmpost #27865 of 679463/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27866 of 679463/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27867 of 679463/7/13 at 8:16pmpost #27868 of 679463/7/13 at 8:17pm
Any other suggestions for places to get dress trousers from?
HY, Luxire are off the list.
Brooks Brothers, Jos A Bank, Yoox, Mr. Porter and similar I have been through and found naught.
I'd actually considering going down the tailored route if the pants could come in under $250, otherwise
is there any other place in Melbourne to pick up some nice pants?
I think Online is cost prohibitive due to shipping charges.
thanks.post #27869 of 679463/7/13 at 8:30pmpost #27870 of 679463/7/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Any Qld member after some fragrances? According to their site these guys stock Creed, Amouage and a host of other high-end brands. Could be well worth a look.
3 DAYS ONLY
MINIMUM OF 50% OFF EVERYTHING
DISCOUNTS OF UP TO 80% OFF
PRICES STARTING FORM $10
TESTERS FROM JUST $20
Thursday 7th March 4pm - 7.30pm
Friday 8th March 8.30am - 5pm
Saturday 9th March 8.30am - 12pm
Libertine Parfumerie Warehouse
304 Montague Road, corner Ashington Street
West End, Queensland
phone: 07 3844 4233
You are an evil man.
Just as well I am in Sydney.
And unfortunately, I have found Amouage Memoir. Sublime, woody smoky and complex. Exactly what I have been looking for.
Sigh sigh sigh.
Anyone knows where I can get the smaller bottle on the cheap? Strawberry Net has the best price ATM.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Winter boots that aren't ugly 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 27 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding