Yeah I wear cotton most days in summer and wool a day or two a week--the wool socks are definitely not a lot hotter and may be about the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1858post #27856 of 640093/7/13 at 6:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27857 of 640093/7/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
Yes and your right about the new CD it is something special. Did you pick it up at Birdland? Tina Harrod never heard of her.post #27858 of 640093/7/13 at 6:51pmpost #27859 of 640093/7/13 at 6:52pmpost #27860 of 640093/7/13 at 6:59pmpost #27861 of 640093/7/13 at 7:14pmpost #27862 of 640093/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Sorry, was a little brief in my haste. He has a new MTM suit business going public sometime soon-ish, which I suspect will fit your criteria. If you search back through his posts here you'll see some more info.post #27863 of 640093/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #27864 of 640093/7/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebosschamp
Hi all, I need a new suit. I want quality but I can't do off the rack as I have a weird body shape (I have weird long arms). I'm keen to try a tailored suit but I have no idea of tailoring in Adelaide or Melbourne. I live in Adelaide but I go to Melbourne regularly for work. Budget is about $1k. Any suggestions?
How weird are your arms? Have a think about picking up something from ebay with unfinished sleeves (so you give your tailor a head start). For example, the sleeves on this are fairly long to begin with and you could probably still get another inch or two. Contact the vendor to find out. Alterations from a decent tailor (not one of those crappy alterations places) will set you back another $200 to $300. So about a grand all up.
The ebay link is only an example, I have no idea of your style, size etc...
EDIT - sorry just noticed that example was a 50US not a 50EU. So sleeves aren't that long.
Edited by boff - 3/7/13 at 8:06pmpost #27865 of 640093/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27866 of 640093/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #27867 of 640093/7/13 at 8:16pmpost #27868 of 640093/7/13 at 8:17pm
Any other suggestions for places to get dress trousers from?
HY, Luxire are off the list.
Brooks Brothers, Jos A Bank, Yoox, Mr. Porter and similar I have been through and found naught.
I'd actually considering going down the tailored route if the pants could come in under $250, otherwise
is there any other place in Melbourne to pick up some nice pants?
I think Online is cost prohibitive due to shipping charges.
thanks.post #27869 of 640093/7/13 at 8:30pmpost #27870 of 640093/7/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Any Qld member after some fragrances? According to their site these guys stock Creed, Amouage and a host of other high-end brands. Could be well worth a look.
3 DAYS ONLY
MINIMUM OF 50% OFF EVERYTHING
DISCOUNTS OF UP TO 80% OFF
PRICES STARTING FORM $10
TESTERS FROM JUST $20
Thursday 7th March 4pm - 7.30pm
Friday 8th March 8.30am - 5pm
Saturday 9th March 8.30am - 12pm
Libertine Parfumerie Warehouse
304 Montague Road, corner Ashington Street
West End, Queensland
phone: 07 3844 4233
You are an evil man.
Just as well I am in Sydney.
And unfortunately, I have found Amouage Memoir. Sublime, woody smoky and complex. Exactly what I have been looking for.
Sigh sigh sigh.
Anyone knows where I can get the smaller bottle on the cheap? Strawberry Net has the best price ATM.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The Architecture Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Woolrich Woolen Mills Mountain Ripstop Parka (L) 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Giovanni Gagliano 1935 - 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...