Thoughts on these as beaters?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1852
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27767 of 664643/6/13 at 2:38amQuote:no for me. any shoes with toppy on can be used as a beater. The leather looks corrected grain to me. Try some allen edmonds. They hold up really well plus they offer every possible sizes and width combinations.Originally Posted by TehBunny
Thoughts on these as beaters?
Loake Tamarpost #27768 of 664643/6/13 at 2:39ampost #27769 of 664643/6/13 at 4:12amQuote:
Found a photo with the groom. I hope this makes your cut (no full length shot unfortunately - so the brogues and the proper socks can't be seen here) :post #27770 of 664643/6/13 at 4:25ampost #27771 of 664643/6/13 at 5:17ampost #27772 of 664643/6/13 at 5:48am
well the dickbags at HowardYount (pronounced with a strong "c") have resisted my attempts to purchase a pair of their trousers.
Luxire seem to have me covered with what I am after, however I was interested in anyones experience with a pair of their pants.
Has anyone here got a pair of pants from them?post #27773 of 664643/6/13 at 6:14ampost #27774 of 664643/6/13 at 12:51pmpost #27775 of 664643/6/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Maybe an idea for today's outfit.
Only joking, really like the get up esp. Boglioli jacket. For me I would add a pocket square (always, even if only white linen) but that just a personal preference.
Bloody Melbourne weather, too hot, too hot....post #27776 of 664643/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
If your size shows in the drop-down menu for that particular item of clothing, then it is in stock.
The accompanying measurement chart is accurate and much more informative and helpful than the information provided by the average online store.
However, I suspect that Jamison would not be prepared to give you a discount for purchasing multiple items, nor will he waive shipping fees, so that's probably why he didn't respond to your enquiry.post #27777 of 664643/6/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Not tight at all ... when buttoned the jacket should have the slightest "pull" to it
Pinksocks recently reblogged one of GW's posts on drape/fit/waist suppression which may help you http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/44444090217/another-gem-from-my-archives-2011-which-will
and for all the players #WIWTpost #27778 of 664643/6/13 at 5:08pm
Oh fuck...what have I created...
A colleague of mine has been asking me for advice on getting a good wardrobe and I have presented him with the general places to go in Australia...and today he came to the office wearing this...Also has started reading GQ and frequently comments that I started him on this stylish route; suits are getting tighter and pants are getting lower for him also.post #27779 of 664643/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #27780 of 664643/6/13 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
Oh fuck...what have I created...
A colleague of mine has been asking me for advice on getting a good wardrobe and I have presented him with the general places to go in Australia...and today he came to the office wearing this...Also has started reading GQ and frequently comments that I started him on this stylish route; suits are getting tighter and pants are getting lower for him also.
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 second ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Lasted Shoe Trees 12 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories