Thoughts on these as beaters?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1852
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27767 of 612293/6/13 at 2:38amQuote:no for me. any shoes with toppy on can be used as a beater. The leather looks corrected grain to me. Try some allen edmonds. They hold up really well plus they offer every possible sizes and width combinations.Originally Posted by TehBunny
Thoughts on these as beaters?
Loake Tamarpost #27768 of 612293/6/13 at 2:39ampost #27769 of 612293/6/13 at 4:12amQuote:
Found a photo with the groom. I hope this makes your cut (no full length shot unfortunately - so the brogues and the proper socks can't be seen here) :post #27770 of 612293/6/13 at 4:25ampost #27771 of 612293/6/13 at 5:17ampost #27772 of 612293/6/13 at 5:48am
well the dickbags at HowardYount (pronounced with a strong "c") have resisted my attempts to purchase a pair of their trousers.
Luxire seem to have me covered with what I am after, however I was interested in anyones experience with a pair of their pants.
Has anyone here got a pair of pants from them?post #27773 of 612293/6/13 at 6:14ampost #27774 of 612293/6/13 at 12:51pmpost #27775 of 612293/6/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Maybe an idea for today's outfit.
Only joking, really like the get up esp. Boglioli jacket. For me I would add a pocket square (always, even if only white linen) but that just a personal preference.
Bloody Melbourne weather, too hot, too hot....post #27776 of 612293/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
If your size shows in the drop-down menu for that particular item of clothing, then it is in stock.
The accompanying measurement chart is accurate and much more informative and helpful than the information provided by the average online store.
However, I suspect that Jamison would not be prepared to give you a discount for purchasing multiple items, nor will he waive shipping fees, so that's probably why he didn't respond to your enquiry.post #27777 of 612293/6/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Not tight at all ... when buttoned the jacket should have the slightest "pull" to it
Pinksocks recently reblogged one of GW's posts on drape/fit/waist suppression which may help you http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/44444090217/another-gem-from-my-archives-2011-which-will
and for all the players #WIWTpost #27778 of 612293/6/13 at 5:08pm
Oh fuck...what have I created...
A colleague of mine has been asking me for advice on getting a good wardrobe and I have presented him with the general places to go in Australia...and today he came to the office wearing this...Also has started reading GQ and frequently comments that I started him on this stylish route; suits are getting tighter and pants are getting lower for him also.post #27779 of 612293/6/13 at 5:18pmpost #27780 of 612293/6/13 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by TehBunny
Oh fuck...what have I created...
A colleague of mine has been asking me for advice on getting a good wardrobe and I have presented him with the general places to go in Australia...and today he came to the office wearing this...Also has started reading GQ and frequently comments that I started him on this stylish route; suits are getting tighter and pants are getting lower for him also.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 second ago
- › Boots recommdations please!!! 21 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 seconds ago
- › BNWT Arc'tyrex Veilance Blazer LT - Sepia - Medium (46-48) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...