or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1839

post #27571 of 58003


http://instagram.com/p/Wc5QFTpcJA/

As captured by Christian Kimber this morning during our early morning catch up with Mr Shiny Shoes (Gerry Nelson).

Wearing my Australian colours - Henry Carter knit tie, shirt and suit by P Johnson Tailors.

Christian mentioned he is having a launch for his eponymous footwear company at Henry Bucks next Wednesday night I think and all welcome. Nice Guy Gerry (or I) will post more details when they are available.
post #27572 of 58003

If anyone has recently purchased some brown shoes, I'm selling a beautful burgundy/brown leather belt, Made in Australia, for just $2

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251239590580?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

post #27573 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post



http://instagram.com/p/Wc5QFTpcJA/

As captured by Christian Kimber this morning during our early morning catch up with Mr Shiny Shoes (Gerry Nelson).

Wearing my Australian colours - Henry Carter knit tie, shirt and suit by P Johnson Tailors.

Christian mentioned he is having a launch for his eponymous footwear company at Henry Bucks next Wednesday night I think and all welcome. Nice Guy Gerry (or I) will post more details when they are available.

 

Looking extremely dapper as usual, Mr Socks!

 

The details on the Christian Kimber Fine Footwear launch (that I know so far - though not sure that there's that much more to add):

 

Location: Henry Bucks, 320 Collins St, Melbourne

Time: 6:00pm

Date: 13 March 2013

 

It's going to be a fun night so come along and see (and feel) the shoes in person.

post #27574 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

has anyone tried Gelato Messina? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Oh mang, im 5 minutes from the one in Darlo and Salted Caramel is my downfall
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

If anyone has recently purchased some brown shoes, I'm selling a beautful burgundy/brown leather belt, Made in Australia, for just $2

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251239590580?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I know you can see the size in the photo, but should probably chuck it in the description too. You have 7 to 12 seconds for a general consumer to make the decision, they dont want to look for details
post #27575 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

You don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.

Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.

damn - you'd barely even get a 1 bedder in my suburb for that coin sydney is seriously ridiculous

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

As long at interest rates stay low house prices will stay high.

 

Raise the rate to 15% percent and see what happens.

 

Dont agree -  Rewind to early 90s and house prices didnt drop that much. Dwelling to income ratios barely dropped (which is a better indication of affordability rather than purely prices). What we had was a slow down in activity, offset by wage inflation .. see below chart in a recent RBA speech.

 

Plus we now have demand driven by offshore rather than domestically i.e. China etc adding to the demand side of the equation.

 

 

post #27576 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post


i know how you feel mike - 2Br unit around coggee/randwick easily 550-600k! my old man was selling them for around 75k back in the day.

meanwhile, has anyone tried Gelato Messina? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Messina is the best ice-cream in Sydney, and probably in Australia.

post #27577 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post


Oh mang, im 5 minutes from the one in Darlo and Salted Caramel is my downfall
 

 

I live a 15-min walk from the one in Surry Hills, and it's not far enough to walk off the pear and rhubarb scoop. I feel you.

post #27578 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

You don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.

As you implied you probably need to live further out if you wish to have a larger dwelling. I'd also suggest that Australia has too much urban sprawl as it is so this may not be a bad thing...

As for earnings in a dual income household of median income you're looking at ~55k each post tax (70k pre). Obviously this is somewhat harder on a single income (150k pre). A lazy repayment estimate suggests that you'd have plenty with normal repayments on a sensible term.
post #27579 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

You don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.

Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.

600K + where I am in inner north the only good thing about Dr No being elected is the potential price drop in housing in Canberra that and the rape of the public service which will inevitably occur post election.
post #27580 of 58003
Guys some good news for all of you on the night of the Trunk show. Ludlows will be offering all Fox umbrella's and Geo.F.Trumper's shaving products & Fragrance at 30% off for this night only, in-store only. For anyone looking at getting a top quality umbrella (which many of you already can attest to) this is a fantastic chance to not only see and touch them in person before buying, but also support a local business at the same time while getting a great product at a lower price than can be found online.

Any enquiries on pricing/colours before the event etc should be directed to Richard at Ludlows rather than myself, mainly because I don't know exactly so it's best to go to the source. Email is info@ludlows.com.au. All SF members will be invited so don't be shy, just let him know how you know about it.

For anyone not familiar with the Trumper's range, head here - http://www.trumpers.com/

Ta
Jason
post #27581 of 58003
One way of buying property is to start shopping at K mart, Target, Lowes , Big w etc. lol
Me and my mrs just paid deposit for a house last Saturday. I think I will be forced to join the NP club for next 12 months at least.
And we will be moving from beautiful suburb of Hornsby to wild west of Blacktown. I am a house person. Units just not for me. After dinner a cigarette at the back yard deck is a must for me.
Funny when you catch train form the north shore in the morning you will see all suits/business attires. If you are at west its all green/orange vest and construction boots.
Maybe at some point we will be able to move back to north shore.
post #27582 of 58003
Gerry, Christian and I were talking about this morning CW. With regards to what ties will be available on the night, can you give the details (will they be in your trunk as it were) or is that some to ask Ludlows directly? Sorry if I have missed this from your post above.
post #27583 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

One way of buying property is to start shopping at K mart, Target, Lowes , Big w etc. lol
Me and my mrs just paid deposit for a house last Saturday. I think I will be forced to join the NP club for next 12 months at least.
And we will be moving from beautiful suburb of Hornsby to wild west of Blacktown. I am a house person. Units just not for me. After dinner a cigarette at the back yard deck is a must for me.
Funny when you catch train form the north shore in the morning you will see all suits/business attires. If you are at west its all green/orange vest and construction boots.
Maybe at some point we will be able to move back to north shore.

This is Sydney's version of the Great Australian Dream...
post #27584 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

One way of buying property is to start shopping at K mart, Target, Lowes , Big w etc. lol
Me and my mrs just paid deposit for a house last Saturday. I think I will be forced to join the NP club for next 12 months at least.
And we will be moving from beautiful suburb of Hornsby to wild west of Blacktown. I am a house person. Units just not for me. After dinner a cigarette at the back yard deck is a must for me.
Funny when you catch train form the north shore in the morning you will see all suits/business attires. If you are at west its all green/orange vest and construction boots.
Maybe at some point we will be able to move back to north shore.

You should quit smoking then you'll have stacks of cash left for housing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Gerry, Christian and I were talking about this morning CW. With regards to what ties will be available on the night, can you give the details (will they be in your trunk as it were) or is that some to ask Ludlows directly? Sorry if I have missed this from your post above.

There will be a lot of ties! I can't really give too many specifics because I don't have pics yet that will do them justice. A basic but not descriptive list though will be -

- heaps of new wool ties, some plainer weaves like herringbone, donegal etc, some checks, flannels, stripes and a few wool/silk mixes like pin dots. All of these ones will be in limited quanities though. All 3 fold and around $85 each. Over 30 designs.
- The new Grenadines in maroon, navy, chocolate, black and forest green. They will be being done in both 7 fold ($99.95) and 3 fold ($84.95 TBC).
- New cashmere knit ties. Brown, grey, navy and burgundy. $109.95
- New silk woven ties, mostly 7 folds but being confirmed as we speak

Also on top of that will be the Scottish cashmere scarves in about 8 or 9 colours (3 new checked ones on last year including black watch) $99.95 and the very cool new cashmere smart gloves in charcoal navy, that have special tips 2 fingers so you can upload your selfies to instagram on your smart phone without taking them off!

All the above pricing is pretty solid, but still being confirmed.
post #27585 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

House prices in Sydney are not going to be chopped by 40% in the next 10 years.

 

That much is for sure.

 

Which is quite shitty, because young guys like me aren't given a chance.

Why can't they fall 40%? They said the same thing about the US, Japan, Europe, etc

 

House prices are overvalued, but they can stay that way for a long time. Look at any measure, prices to disposbale income, mortgage debt to GDP, interest to disposable income (especially when you think that rates are very low), etc. Why do you think retail sales are suffering? It's not because people are shopping overseas, but consumers are beginning to realise that they have too much debt and would be ruined if they lost their job in this environment.

 

The biggest driver of house price declines would sharp rises in unemployment - driven from a major slowdown in China perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if we had a Japan like situation where real prices were negative and with low to zero nominal growth.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members