or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1831

post #27451 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


Odd places

 

Where do you get your even trousers from?

post #27452 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

You're spot on with the older look, that's the aesthetic I prefer although it can be a bit anachronistic at times. I have had my eyes on the younger-looking Boglioli blazers for a while now, and I appreciate their aesthetic. Wish there was somewhere to try 'em on in Sydney though.

Try Henry Bucks. Can even get reasonable prices during sales time though for best prices look online. Do a search of this forum for a post I did on quite a few places to buy Boglioli.

I love the 3 Boglioli coats I have. You can dress up without looking overdressed or stuffy.
post #27453 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

 

 

 

My best effort so far.

 

The tip of the toe looks duller than the rest of the cap, which is strange. Good effort though.

post #27454 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

The tip of the toe looks duller than the rest of the cap, which is strange. Good effort though.

 

Thanks for pointing that out. I think that the photo exaggerates the effect but you have a point. At least it will be much faster to do the tips.

post #27455 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

The tip of the toe looks duller than the rest of the cap, which is strange. Good effort though.

 

Thanks for pointing that out. I think that the photo exaggerates the effect but you have a point. At least it will be much faster to do the tips.

 

Probably. Did you think about doing a gradual fade over the cap rather than the whole cap btw? It tends to be my preference when spit shining calf, but I must admit I don't spit shine very many shoes after I got over my "look what I can do" with it phase.

post #27456 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.

 

 

 

 

Mandatory contrived watch-adjustment, lol. Light is a bit better on this one.

 

 

 

Longer shirt sleeves, little off the jacket sleeves. Something is up with the chest or shoulders of the jacket, looks too large somewhere, which is creating the dimples on your right hand side. Nice colour combination, though.

post #27457 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

Probably. Did you think about doing a gradual fade over the cap rather than the whole cap btw? It tends to be my preference when spit shining calf, but I must admit I don't spit shine very many shoes after I got over my "look what I can do" with it phase.

For this one, I wanted the whole cap shined like this (Lear's pic, not mine):

 

344

 

For a plain toed shoe, I would go with your approach.

post #27458 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.





Mandatory contrived watch-adjustment, lol. Light is a bit better on this one.



Fits well. If you want to be pedantic maybe the sleeves are a tad long and button stance a tad high vs your natural waist but i reckon looks good.

Edit: second pic the stance doesnt look too off... Perhaps its the lighting on the lapel roll throwing off the first pic
post #27459 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.

 

The high-ish button stance combined with what seems to be quite closed quarters (at least in the first pic) make for an interesting silhouette.....makes everything below the button look very elongated. That aside, I don't mind it but probably too formal for me. 

 

Check out Boglioli. I have a nice washed navy jacket which is perfect for these types of things. 

post #27460 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Yes, enough with the rain. Here's some shine:





My best effort so far.

Mate awesome job on the pair. How long does it take you to shine a pair like this ?
Is it brand new pair ? I didn't see any creases.
post #27461 of 54984
I think Gerry's segue was brilliant. Just wanted everyone to know.
post #27462 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post

 

The high-ish button stance combined with what seems to be quite closed quarters (at least in the first pic) make for an interesting silhouette.....makes everything below the button look very elongated. That aside, I don't mind it but probably too formal for me. 

 

Check out Boglioli. I have a nice washed navy jacket which is perfect for these types of things. 

 

Thanks, will check out Boglioli - I've actually had a couple of their sportscoats wishlisted on MrPorter for some time now - just never got around to purchasing 'em. Might be time to do so over the next couple months.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


Fits well. If you want to be pedantic maybe the sleeves are a tad long and button stance a tad high vs your natural waist but i reckon looks good.

Edit: second pic the stance doesnt look too off... Perhaps its the lighting on the lapel roll throwing off the first pic

 

Thanks mate, when I wear a shirt without the jumper the sleeves do peak out from under the cuff, but I think the sweater was causing a few issues in the pic. Will try a few shirts again and double check.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

Longer shirt sleeves, little off the jacket sleeves. Something is up with the chest or shoulders of the jacket, looks too large somewhere, which is creating the dimples on your right hand side. Nice colour combination, though.

 

Agree with the odd dimpling not being ideal - will try and figure out what exactly is causing that. Edit: just realised I had my wallet in my inside jacket pocket - that might be the culprit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post


Try Henry Bucks. Can even get reasonable prices during sales time though for best prices look online. Do a search of this forum for a post I did on quite a few places to buy Boglioli.

I love the 3 Boglioli coats I have. You can dress up without looking overdressed or stuffy.

 

Henry Bucks is pretty close to me on O'Connell street, so will pop in there some time and see what they have in stock.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

 

If you're going for laid back and relaxed then I do not think the jacket is appropriate - why not just leave it out and stick with the casual shirt and jumper (which look very cool)?

 

Ah true - I guess it's all relative - Monday to Friday I wear a navy or charcoal suit with white/light blue shirt and tie. So compared to that the jeans/sportscoat combo feels a lot more relaxed to me. Normally I would be wearing chinos and a polo on the weekend, but it was a bit colder where I was and had to go to lunch to meet some friends, so thought I'd layer a little bit more than I usually did.

 

@Journeyman:

 

Here's the jacket fabric under halogen lights - looks a lot different under natural light but it's dark out at the mo'! The red stripe is a bit darker and more pronounced IRL.

 

 

 

@Akula: yep I think a slightly higher collar on the shirt would look better as well. 

post #27463 of 54984
Nicholas DC, as informative as some of the posts here are, don't let them dictate the way you dress. #personalstyle is all about making mistakes. That cable knit jumper is dope though.

Thanks to charliechan for donating to #CKtasselloaferfund, the shirt is now sold.
post #27464 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


Mate awesome job on the pair. How long does it take you to shine a pair like this ?
Is it brand new pair ? I didn't see any creases.

 

Thanks. The tips are now shined like the rest smile.gif

 

This took me around 20-30 or so very light coats. Some shoes are much faster, some take longer - just depends. 

 

This is a brand new pair but I've worn them around the house to make sure there would be no creasing at the cap which would crack the finish.

post #27465 of 54984
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post

Nicholas DC, as informative as some of the posts here are, don't let them dictate the way you dress. #personalstyle is all about making mistakes. That cable knit jumper is dope though.

Thanks to charliechan for donating to #CKtasselloaferfund, the shirt is now sold.

 

True that, but there's too much expertise in this thread to not get feedback now and again - helps me figure out things I wasn't thinking about before.

 

I find this thread to be far more hospitable to newer entrants to the menswear 'game' than many of the other threads of SF, which is great. cheers.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members