or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1830

post #27436 of 57946

where do you guys get your odd trousers from?

post #27437 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

where do you guys get your odd trousers from?

 

check out howard yount or epaulet.

post #27438 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

where do you guys get your odd trousers from?

Howard Yount have been recommended here. I am awaiting a shipping from them now.
post #27439 of 57946

cheers guys

post #27440 of 57946

Gerry

 

What do you think of this rain coat?

 

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/mackintosh-dunkeld-raincoat-charcoal-loro-piana-wool

 

The sleeves look a little long, and what happens to your feet when it rains?

post #27441 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Gerry

 

What do you think of this rain coat?

 

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/mackintosh-dunkeld-raincoat-charcoal-loro-piana-wool

 

The sleeves look a little long, and what happens to your feet when it rains?

 

I can't tell if the sleeves are too long because the model has his hands in his pockets. In terms of length, it's no different from any other half length raincoat.

 

Wouldn't your feet get wet in the rain anyway unless you were wearing something like this?

 

post #27442 of 57946

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.

 

 

 

Mandatory contrived watch-adjustment, lol. Light is a bit better on this one.

 

post #27443 of 57946
I think in the context of our country, a structured sports coat with flap pockets on the weekend is anything but relaxed, but that's just me and I tend to dress down on the weekends a bit more. At the moment, it's probably a bit old looking for someone who looks in their late 20's or early 30's if I'm being honest.

I think if your going to go a SC, look for something completely unstructured, sort of that boglioli washed look to scale back the formality. I also don't think Sydney is cold enough, especially at this time of the year to be so layered up. If you feel the cold a bit more and feel the need to layer, I'd again look at something a bit less old looking, like a thinner merino wool v-neck or something similar. I'm really not a fan of the squashed collar look of crew necks over shirts, but again, that's just me. Hope that's gentle enough smile.gif
post #27444 of 57946
Oh and by the way, the 25% off sale will finish at 9am tomorrow AEST.

post #27445 of 57946
Nick DC, I think that it looks good.

Depending on how fussy you are, you could shorten the sleeves slightly (particularly if you like to show a bit of cuff), and the shoulders could probably be slightly narrower, and there could be more waist suppression.

However, it looks very nice - it's a decent fit and it's better-fitting than the vast majority of jackets worn by Australian men. I really like the look of the colour and pattern - could we have a close-up?

To change the subject, I'm getting really tired of the rain in Brisbane - it's yet another rainy afternoon and whilst the weather was supposed to improve over the weekend, with showers starting to clear, forecasters are now saying that we might be in for quite a lot more rain! Aaagh - I'm tired of wearing my trench and shoes with Dainite soles to work and I want to get back to wearing summer clothes before it gets too cool!

post #27446 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

I think in the context of our country, a structured sports coat with flap pockets on the weekend is anything but relaxed, but that's just me and I tend to dress down on the weekends a bit more. At the moment, it's probably a bit old looking for someone who looks in their late 20's or early 30's if I'm being honest.

I think if your going to go a SC, look for something completely unstructured, sort of that boglioli washed look to scale back the formality. I also don't think Sydney is cold enough, especially at this time of the year to be so layered up. If you feel the cold a bit more and feel the need to layer, I'd again look at something a bit less old looking, like a thinner merino wool v-neck or something similar. I'm really not a fan of the squashed collar look of crew necks over shirts, but again, that's just me. Hope that's gentle enough smile.gif

 

Good feedback, thanks. It's a cotton cable crew-neck which is very thin - might come across a little thicker in the pic than it really is. I prefer the crews w. button down collars over v's personally, but this crewneck might be a bit 'too' tight - could probably size up.

 

You're spot on with the older look, that's the aesthetic I prefer although it can be a bit anachronistic at times. I have had my eyes on the younger-looking Boglioli blazers for a while now, and I appreciate their aesthetic. Wish there was somewhere to try 'em on in Sydney though. 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Nick DC, I think that it looks good.

Depending on how fussy you are, you could shorten the sleeves slightly (particularly if you like to show a bit of cuff), and the shoulders could probably be slightly narrower, and there could be more waist suppression.

However, it looks very nice - it's a decent fit and it's better-fitting than the vast majority of jackets worn by Australian men. I really like the look of the colour and pattern - could we have a close-up?

To change the subject, I'm getting really tired of the rain in Brisbane - it's yet another rainy afternoon and whilst the weather was supposed to improve over the weekend, with showers starting to clear, forecasters are now saying that we might be in for quite a lot more rain! Aaagh - I'm tired of wearing my trench and shoes with Dainite soles to work and I want to get back to wearing summer clothes before it gets too cool!
 

Thanks mate. Will try and get a close-up with a better camera, as it never seems to come out right on the phone. Thanks for the jacket alteration tips - will keep it in mind next time I take some stuff down to a tailor. 

post #27447 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

To change the subject, I'm getting really tired of the rain in Brisbane - it's yet another rainy afternoon and whilst the weather was supposed to improve over the weekend, with showers starting to clear, forecasters are now saying that we might be in for quite a lot more rain! Aaagh - I'm tired of wearing my trench and shoes with Dainite soles to work and I want to get back to wearing summer clothes before it gets too cool!

 

Yes, enough with the rain. Here's some shine:

 

 

 

My best effort so far.

post #27448 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.

Looks good. Only small thing I'd change would be to look for a shirt with a higher collar. Could just be squashed at the back of the neck though.
post #27449 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

where do you guys get your odd trousers from?

Odd places
post #27450 of 57946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D C View Post

Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.

 

 

If you're going for laid back and relaxed then I do not think the jacket is appropriate - why not just leave it out and stick with the casual shirt and jumper (which look very cool)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members