I've tried to do my bit :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1826
Styleforum Top Picks
We will see what happens....thanks for the feedback though. As we are all aware buying shoes from the internet can be a bit of a mug's game risk taking adventure. But I went with the best advice available and a good returns policy.
You can do some pretty bad damage by wearing the wrong shoes, damage that will stop you from running for an extended period of time.
Pretty much all the brands offer a "minimalist" running shoe in trendy neon colourways now (e.g. Free Run series).
Having switched from typically cushioned Brooks shoes to Free Runs, there was definitely an adjustment period of a month or two during which my shins would hurt a bit - I believe this is partly due to the lack of cushioning, and also partly due to the fact that they encourage you to run flat footed, rather than striking heel first.
I haven't run more than 15ks in them, but I have heard anecdotally that they shouldn't be worn for very long runs if at all possible due to the lack of cushioning (or, at least, you should not make a habit of it).
For me Nikes are great for basketball and running because they are quite narrow.
Just pulled the trigger on a pair of white Common Projects Achilles....sized down so hopefully they work out.
Trying to casual down my weekend/off duty look which is either training gear or shirt, jeans/chinos, chukka or loafers and sometimes a blazer (which is good, but I am 29 and feel, or am, a bit overdressed in some situations). Seeking the casual/smart off duty mythical middle ground... eg not flipflops and a singlet but not looking out of place, "dressed like an old man" or uncomfortable (have really struggled in the heat this summer).
I like those, but can't quite affor them. I'm waiting for Kent Wang to release his near-identical shoe in my size, at which point my current white tennis shoes probably will have died.
Yep, that was my concern initially, but I think 42mm should be okay on my wrist, assuming I wear it with a nylon zulu strap. The 'oversize' look would work excellently in the more casual setting I'm envisioning for it. I'm not going to impulse buy as it'd take a few months to get to Aus anyway (ships end of May or something) so in the mean-time I'm going to see if I can try on some similar sized dive watches (with hefty lugs like the prodiver) and figure out if I like the feel of 'em on my wrist or whether I should just say 'feck it' and save up for the titanium Tudor Pelagos (which also catches my fancy).
I wondering if what the Prince of Paisley means is the watch is to thick and not the width being a problem is what he means by to bulky ??
It looks as though you can upload more than one shot to the Mr Porter site, as I noticed that Christian Kimber has a couple of shots.
I have no idea about the uploading process, though - do you do it yourself, or is it selected by someone else, or by crowd acclamation?
The Circus of Fashion
It's about the rise of the fashion blogger and how more and more people are "peacocking" around outside fashion shows, particularly during the big fashion weeks.
Whilst the article is primarily about women, it really reminded me of the ridiculous outfits that we see people wearing during Pitti Uomo - in essence, they are deliberately donning costumes so as to attract attention and (hopefully) be photographed. Unfortunately, however, there are people out there who see those photos posted and reposted on Tumblr and who then adopt those looks for themselves.
Apparently, the article has created a bit of a stir online, with some people supporting the views put forward in the article (there are too many ridiculously-dressed fops swanning around etc etc) and others panning the article (the democratisation of fashion, rise of street style, etc etc).
I entered three and one got picked. What you need to do is to tag your instagram photos with #MRPORTERGS and #CANBERRA or #BRISBANE or whatever city you're from. I just went back to some of my old photos on Instagram and added the tags in a comment.
It's not an automatic load - somebody actually selects them. I entered three and one got picked.
This dude (from Melbourne) has 224 votes so far:
Even the guy in the Oh My Goth t-shirt has 26 votes
damn i did this on like 10 pictures today and zero been picked yet... Gerry is next-level... how long did it take?
- Australian Members
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Vintage images, a blast from the past 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose Westmount size medium in Grey 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › THOM BROWNE BLACK FLEECE Cotton Tipped V-Neck Sweater BB2 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw