Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1823
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Down-the-track grail watch is still an IWC 500107 (Portugese Automatic), which I prefer to the Chronograph.
I've got a brand new TOJ1 black/black in size 48 that I'm about to put up for sale in the marketplace, if anyone is interested before I put it up.
In other news, just got my first 'proper' tie, a 8cm Drakes.
Lovely quality, great colour. It seems I can pull off 8cm ties, but being a skinny guy, 7-7.5cm will be my perfect width.
Thanks to the person who mentioned PJ's new range of shirts a few weeks ago. I investigated, and they're sized quite similarly to my MTM shirts, so I placed an order for one. It arrived today and I'm very impressed. It's well made, has nice fabric/buttons, plus the spread collar is great. Highly recommended.
Previously I was seeking advice from the forum members about finding a good alteration place for my suit. I am glad to report back that I am a happy customer from Hayal and Son in the Sydney CBD. However they are definitely not cheap.
Also I just like to say that I have made a massive mistake by wearing my near new Crocket and Jones on a rainy day in the Sydney CBD. I think I have pretty much ruined the beautiful leather sole, and almost got myself killed...(skiing on water in CBD) And no, it hasn't had topy, I don't like it. the sole turned out discoloured, too many small stone holes and just rough.... An amateur mistake. Definitely will wear the ones with Topy in future rainy days...
Any tips to restore the sole and maintaining them?
Total victory for me on both counts. I had to say that. fxh is right. Just take them to Coombes in the Strand for follow ups.
BTW I have a brand new box and bags pair of black dub monks C&J Lowndes in 10E UK for sale. Good price - PM me.
Topying is maligned, but I think it's a great idea. Not long after getting my first pair of loakes there was a week of rain in Sydney, and those metal grills on the sidewalk were essentially death traps. I would try to creep over them with my hands up for balance while attempting to not look foolish (It didn't work).
Nothing is less sartorial than falling and getting a tear in the backside of your trousers.
Speaking of trousers, my hunt for a decent pair continues. I've been to M&R Tailors and $400 simply isn't in my price range. Any tailors in Paddington are kind of too far away. I was looking at epaulet, any ideas? I'm slightly apprehensive about their lack of flexibility when it comes to returns, but it might be worth a shot. Additionally, i'm about a 32 inch waist (size 30 in companies like MJ Bale) - would getting the size 30 in a 31 inch be wise? I like slim fits.
T_T My favourite light running/exercising shoes were stolen today (what else tool awesome to have been lost). They were my much loved pair of Adidas Sambas; oh wel shoe purchase time once again :P Have decided not to get an other pair as I have owned 5-7 pairs during my life :) Thinking about Adidas Gazelle OG; not really after anything that is meant for serious running as I don't run such long distances. Any reccomendations would be nice :)
- Australian Members
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 1 minute ago
- › When you cant button your shirts all the way. 2 minutes ago
- › JM Weston Opinions 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw