or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1818

post #27256 of 52578
A pic for you Rob. Thanks.

I can understand why you say a 10-11UK would suit.

These are like wearing a parachute on my foot lol.

9D676254-ACDB-49FF-8E2A-444556065D07-5232-00000313A10CDE96_zps76eccef7.jpg
Edited by elisiX - 2/26/13 at 2:07am
post #27257 of 52578
PJOHNSON SHIRT REDUCED TO $95
post #27258 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post


Thanks for that intelligent response Michael.
 

Your welcome elisiX! You can thank me by buying me a drink at the Sydney meet. You can also hand Rob the socks there and save on postage.

 

biggrin.gifnest.gifstirpot.gifsmack.gif

 

Just playing around. I knew exactly what you were alluding to re: socks.

 

You might like to keep a pair. Sometimes a large sock can come in handy - think Jimbo from American Pie.

post #27259 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Thanks for that intelligent response Michael.

I was misinformed and subsequently purchased the socks in the wrong size. Rather than make an issue of it, and as I bought them at a great discount, it'd be great to move them to someone who might have missed out at the reduced cost.
Sorry to hear they didn't work out. I would have clarified the sizing but noticed you had posted the sizing yourself from MR porter 2posts above, so didn't think twice about it. I'm a 9uk and don't find them all that big, which is why I mentioned an 8uk should be fine, but officially the sizing is correct from Mr Porter, to what Pantherella have on the back.

Anyway, any unworn ones with tags can be returned or exchanged for something else If need be, pls just email me at jason@henrycarter.com.au if you would like to.

Ta,
Jason
post #27260 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

 

You might like to keep a pair. Sometimes a large sock can come in handy - think Jimbo from American Pie.

 

Don't kid yourself cowboy, l know why you buy those small sockettes nod[1].gif

post #27261 of 52578

About the Sydney meet: how does this Friday work for the Sydney folk?

 

Tio's (in Surry Hills)?

post #27262 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

You tried checking prices direct with Fox? You can order whatever combo you like then.. I want a brighter canopy next time 

i think im going to go with one of the basic sold stick ones from howard yount or kent wang
post #27263 of 52578
Are these two ties too similar to own both?





*bearing in mind that I don't have that large of a tie collection
post #27264 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Are these two ties too similar to own both?





*bearing in mind that I don't have that large of a tie collection

 

 

Starting out, yes. With the larger collection, no.

post #27265 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Sorry to hear they didn't work out. I would have clarified the sizing but noticed you had posted the sizing yourself from MR porter 2posts above, so didn't think twice about it. I'm a 9uk and don't find them all that big, which is why I mentioned an 8uk should be fine, but officially the sizing is correct from Mr Porter, to what Pantherella have on the back.

Anyway, any unworn ones with tags can be returned or exchanged for something else If need be, pls just email me at jason@henrycarter.com.au if you would like to.

Ta,
Jason

 

No issue at all Jason. 

 

I really love the socks - now I just need to hunt them down in a more suitable size. 

 

Will see if Rob's keen. smile.gif

post #27266 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Are these two ties too similar to own both?





*bearing in mind that I don't have that large of a tie collection

Probably fine to have both depending on your tastes and the other items (jacket, shirt, pocket square) you would wear with them. Navy tie are highly versatile and look great with many outfits (I probably have three navy ties with small dots that get more reasonable regularly).

This article might interest you - http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2008/04/italian-background.html

Depending on what else you have a navy grenadine or black knit are also very useful.

Put This On have a great series on building a tie collection - http://putthison.com/tagged/The-Necktie-Series

If I was to choose one of the two I would take the latter with the small dots (a little more formal and easy to match with other items in my opinion).
post #27267 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

About the Sydney meet: how does this Friday work for the Sydney folk?

 

Tio's (in Surry Hills)?

There's a decent range of women at Tio's. It is going to be hard to make eye-contact with the lads.

 

Maybe make it the Friday coming? Give the boys a little time to work out their calendars?

post #27268 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

 

Don't kid yourself cowboy, l know why you buy those small sockettes nod%5B1%5D.gif

I go sockless DB, gives a much better experience.

 

Having said that, the friction is killing me. I have some Moc Socs on the way. Thanks to whoever suggested them.

post #27269 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox81 View Post


i think im going to go with one of the basic sold stick ones from howard yount or kent wang

 

Those look pretty good.

post #27270 of 52578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Are these two ties too similar to own both?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

Starting out, yes. With the larger collection, no.

 

Agreed, but don't wait until it sells out, because it's a very nice tie. I'm still troubled occasionally by what happened with that caramel twill. tounge.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members