Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1811post #27151 of 679462/23/13 at 1:15pmpost #27152 of 679462/23/13 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck
New guy here requesting some help.
I have only read a few posts in this thread and already I have seen people in a similar position to me. That being they are lacking a quality bench-made English shoe from their life.
As mentioned by someone previously you can go to David Jones and get a lower end pair of Loakes... So long as you don't mind paying approx 70% markup on the retail price of the shoe.
I have decided I would take a risk and buy a pair online from Pediwear instead. $300 for a pair from their 1880 collection, including shipping for the shoes and free shoe tree, with a free tie thrown in and some wax added to the order. (Not sure if I get stung for GST on the way in.) By my calculations DJ would charge $500 for a shoe from that collection.
That's a much better deal, however I want to do everything in my power to ensure the fit is good. To that end I started this thread requesting some help from people who already own a pair of Loake shoes in the Mayfair and Capital lasts.
If you fit that description please have a look at the thread and consider helping me out. If you don't, but are considering buying shoes online that you can't try, you might want to have a look as well. I think I am attacking the problem from an unusual angle that might see some good results.
All things going to plan I will find out in a few weeks if I was right and let you guys know how it goes for me as well as how to get past all the little hurdles I have faced so far.
What city are you in? If Melbourne then go to begger man thief or double monk if you wanted to spend a little bit more - those in Sydney might be able to order other ideas. This way, you can on then buy over the interest if the price difference was great.post #27153 of 679462/23/13 at 3:04pmpost #27154 of 679462/23/13 at 6:15pmpost #27155 of 679462/23/13 at 6:26pmQuote:
Perth aka The most isolated capital city on the planet. (Actually true.)
To the best of my knowledge no-one here actually sells the 1880 collection.post #27156 of 679462/23/13 at 6:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Any recommendations for places to visit in Singapore on a 3 day visit - sartorial or otherwise? Good photo opportunity recommendations are very welcome.
So far the itinerary includes:
- Ed Et Al
- Kevin Seah Bespoke
Foodwise, I'm sticking to the local stuff - chicken rice, bak kut teh, oyster omelette, carrot cake, briyani rice, etc.Quote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Back from KL yesterday, and yes, partly CNY celebration, but mostly Father in law's 70th.
As for SG, how about Malmaison at Knightsbridge Mall? In addition to watches, I believe they stock Charvet shirts and Rubi jackets and ties. Or Iris Tailor? Lastly, IIRC, there's a Church's at Ion Mall.
Food wise, the food court at Ion Mall is pretty darn excellent as well, and Tiong Bahru market houses a great hawker centre.
Malmaison is a fun visit, they stock some really nice things. IIRC, it is also the only store outside Switzerland that has a exhibition/display of Rolexes that are not for sale (if you read that sentence a few times, I promise it will make sense).
Good list, Gezza. Though if you're looking to commission some work, my preference is Iris Tailor over Kevin Seah.
I would avoid Kevin Seah. Overpriced, inconsistent with deadlines (always overpromises) and honestly - no magic.
Here are 2 other chaps worth visiting, if you have time:
J Myers Company - leather goods like wallets, iPad cases, bags, briefcases etc.
For another walkabout, you can head to the "Shoppes" at Marina Bay Sands. Lots of luxe brands, if that catches your heart.Quote:Rob, I'm very keen on their navy m65 too. Let me know when you're ordering one.post #27157 of 679462/23/13 at 7:05pmpost #27158 of 679462/23/13 at 7:21pmpost #27159 of 679462/23/13 at 7:25pmpost #27160 of 679462/23/13 at 7:27pmHappy Sunday y'all
(Cross-post from Luxire thread:) I just took these body measurements (below). Does anyone see a disconnect between these body measurements, and my normal shirt measurements, also below? Thanks in advance.
Shoulder Width: 49cm
Chest Around: 95cm
Across Chest: 46cm
Across Back: 43cm
Shoulder Joint Height: 17.5
Shoulder Slope: Average to Straight
Collar 40.0 cm
Half Chest 53.0 cm
Half Waist 46.0 cm
Half Hip 49.0 cm
Left Sleeve Length 68.5 cm
Right Sleeve Length 68.5 cm
Left Cuffs 21.0 cm
Right Cuffs 20.0 cm
Yoke 44.0 cm
Shirt Length 72.0 cm
Armhole 24.0 cmpost #27161 of 679462/23/13 at 7:33pmpost #27162 of 679462/23/13 at 8:12pmpost #27163 of 679462/23/13 at 8:18pmpost #27164 of 679462/23/13 at 8:19pmpost #27165 of 679462/23/13 at 8:24pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 11 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding