Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1811
Considering you're in Tasmania as well? You can't get P Johnson.
Guys, I used my Fox Umbrella in the rain tonight, for real! It was pretty gusty here in Sydney - the umbrella remained strong. There was a couple of times where I thought I was going to be lifted off the ground. I was really surprised that I didn't get wet. These British umbrellas actually work! Most umbrellas keep 75-80% of you dry, but this one was 95-100%.
New guy here requesting some help.
I have only read a few posts in this thread and already I have seen people in a similar position to me. That being they are lacking a quality bench-made English shoe from their life.
As mentioned by someone previously you can go to David Jones and get a lower end pair of Loakes... So long as you don't mind paying approx 70% markup on the retail price of the shoe.
I have decided I would take a risk and buy a pair online from Pediwear instead. $300 for a pair from their 1880 collection, including shipping for the shoes and free shoe tree, with a free tie thrown in and some wax added to the order. (Not sure if I get stung for GST on the way in.) By my calculations DJ would charge $500 for a shoe from that collection.
That's a much better deal, however I want to do everything in my power to ensure the fit is good. To that end I started this thread requesting some help from people who already own a pair of Loake shoes in the Mayfair and Capital lasts.
If you fit that description please have a look at the thread and consider helping me out. If you don't, but are considering buying shoes online that you can't try, you might want to have a look as well. I think I am attacking the problem from an unusual angle that might see some good results.
All things going to plan I will find out in a few weeks if I was right and let you guys know how it goes for me as well as how to get past all the little hurdles I have faced so far.
What city are you in? If Melbourne then go to begger man thief or double monk if you wanted to spend a little bit more - those in Sydney might be able to order other ideas. This way, you can on then buy over the interest if the price difference was great.
Perth aka The most isolated capital city on the planet. (Actually true.)
To the best of my knowledge no-one here actually sells the 1880 collection.
Any recommendations for places to visit in Singapore on a 3 day visit - sartorial or otherwise? Good photo opportunity recommendations are very welcome.
So far the itinerary includes:
- Ed Et Al
- Kevin Seah Bespoke
Foodwise, I'm sticking to the local stuff - chicken rice, bak kut teh, oyster omelette, carrot cake, briyani rice, etc.
Back from KL yesterday, and yes, partly CNY celebration, but mostly Father in law's 70th.
As for SG, how about Malmaison at Knightsbridge Mall? In addition to watches, I believe they stock Charvet shirts and Rubi jackets and ties. Or Iris Tailor? Lastly, IIRC, there's a Church's at Ion Mall.
Food wise, the food court at Ion Mall is pretty darn excellent as well, and Tiong Bahru market houses a great hawker centre.
Malmaison is a fun visit, they stock some really nice things. IIRC, it is also the only store outside Switzerland that has a exhibition/display of Rolexes that are not for sale (if you read that sentence a few times, I promise it will make sense).
Good list, Gezza. Though if you're looking to commission some work, my preference is Iris Tailor over Kevin Seah.
I would avoid Kevin Seah. Overpriced, inconsistent with deadlines (always overpromises) and honestly - no magic.
Here are 2 other chaps worth visiting, if you have time:
J Myers Company - leather goods like wallets, iPad cases, bags, briefcases etc.
For another walkabout, you can head to the "Shoppes" at Marina Bay Sands. Lots of luxe brands, if that catches your heart.
(Cross-post from Luxire thread:) I just took these body measurements (below). Does anyone see a disconnect between these body measurements, and my normal shirt measurements, also below? Thanks in advance.
Shoulder Width: 49cm
Chest Around: 95cm
Across Chest: 46cm
Across Back: 43cm
Shoulder Joint Height: 17.5
Shoulder Slope: Average to Straight
Collar 40.0 cm
Half Chest 53.0 cm
Half Waist 46.0 cm
Half Hip 49.0 cm
Left Sleeve Length 68.5 cm
Right Sleeve Length 68.5 cm
Left Cuffs 21.0 cm
Right Cuffs 20.0 cm
Yoke 44.0 cm
Shirt Length 72.0 cm
Armhole 24.0 cm
- Australian Members
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/17/13 #menswear Hooligans 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Carmina MTO 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Anyone know anything about rugs? Would like some information on... 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe