or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1804

post #27046 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKula View Post

I'm very happy with my briefcase from Henry Tomkins.
http://www.htleather.co.uk/

Huh, they seem like a good deal (£130)

#pricenazifortheday
post #27047 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

May I also suggest Archimede as a possible option?

Quite affordable, and if I remember correctly, it was one of the first companies to manufacture the classic "B-Uhren" pilot watches, along with other companies such as Stowa (which you may also wish to consider). Stowa's Fleiger watch is a classic B-Uhren watch, and the "Antea" is a lovely dress watch with a sub-dial for seconds.

Archimede have some lovely models and I think that if you pay an extra 20 Euro, you can get a "blank" face without any branding for a retro, WWII pilot-watch look (although that may only apply to certain models).

Stowa are great entry level watches. My first 'grown up' watch when i was around 18 was a Stowa Marine Original.. It has unfortunately led to a very unhealthy and expensive passion for collecting IWCs though
post #27048 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

For those that are interested, I have a friend who is coming to visit me from the US who is a semi-retailer (don't ask, it's a long story) of Barker Black seconds. He said that usually, it is almost impossible to find a fault in the shoe.

@deingesicht:

Are you still looking for a pair of calf/suede spectators?

If so, I noticed that Skoaktiebolaget have just taken delivery of their Carmina calf/suede spectator on the Rain last.

Carmina also have one in their online shop in plenty of different sizes, but it's in slightly different colours and it is on the Forest last (which I have heard is not as good for people with a high instep, but that might not affect you).
post #27049 of 53666

Gents, please tell me what you think of today's outfit:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

"Vintage" Michel Rene suit (9 years old)

Alain Figaret shirt

Drakes tie

No brand white linen PS

Bally black derbies (6 years old)

post #27050 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Gents, please tell me what you think of today's outfit:

"Vintage" Michel Rene suit (9 years old)
Alain Figaret shirt
Drakes tie
No brand white linen PS
Bally black derbies (6 years old)


I have a strong suspicion that you've been shopping in Hong Kong or Singapore, as I remember seeing Alain Figaret and Michel Rene stores there many years ago.

I think that the outfit looks good, although I'd tighten your tie knot against your collar slightly.

The restrained tie pattern and plain white pocket square work well with the variegated stripe banker's shirt.
post #27051 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Stowa are great entry level watches. My first 'grown up' watch when i was around 18 was a Stowa Marine Original.. It has unfortunately led to a very unhealthy and expensive passion for collecting IWCs though

same here, the stowa MO is still on my want list.

Still to this day i regret not putting my name on the list to preorder one of the for the Flieger Originals.

BTW check out http://www.gnomonwatches.com/ for pilot inspired watches, i picked up my damasko from him when i was in singapore.
post #27052 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

BTW check out http://www.gnomonwatches.com/ for pilot inspired watches, i picked up my damasko from him when i was in singapore.

 

IMO they have the best NATO/Zulu straps too

 

BTW - more streetwear but anyone know somewhere that has a white For The Homies "Paris Homies" tshirt in stock/medium?

post #27053 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post


Huh, they seem like a good deal (£130)

#pricenazifortheday

 

I've got one, they are great. Happy to post up pictures if required!

post #27054 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

IMO they have the best NATO/Zulu straps too

BTW - more streetwear but anyone know somewhere that has a white For The Homies "Paris Homies" tshirt in stock/medium?

im wearing my gnomon NATO strap on my damasko ATM and it rocks. its about a year old and still going very strong

post #27055 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

IMO they have the best NATO/Zulu straps too

BTW - more streetwear but anyone know somewhere that has a white For The Homies "Paris Homies" tshirt in stock/medium?

Maybe Capsule or Culture Kingz?

Edit http://sparesstore.com.au/products/forthehomiesparistee

Double edit - No whites, my bad
post #27056 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

I've got one, they are great. Happy to post up pictures if required!

Yes please. Been thinking about getting one for the past year!
post #27057 of 53666
From the Guardian:

"You're off your rocker." That was the response Nic Haralambous got when he tried to find a manufacturer for his designer sock business. And on the surface, they were right. Haralambous, 28, is a South African tech entrepreneur who has just sold his latest company, Motribe, to instant messaging giant Mxit for an undisclosed sum. But until recently, he knew nothing about the fashion industry. And besides, manufacturers said, no-one will pay R99 (£8) for a pair of coloured socks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/fashion-blog/2013/feb/21/socks-subscription-south-african-fashion

Thoughts?
post #27058 of 53666
I agree with Journeyman on the assessment of colour. IMO the armholes are cut far too low for your figure Petepan. A higher armhole would look a lot nicer smile.gif
post #27059 of 53666
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post


same here, the stowa MO is still on my want list.

Still to this day i regret not putting my name on the list to preorder one of the for the Flieger Originals.

BTW check out http://www.gnomonwatches.com/ for pilot inspired watches, i picked up my damasko from him when i was in singapore.

 

This NATO strap was from gnomon as well: I really like the heat sealed edges on their straps.

 

post #27060 of 53666

As was my army-green zulu :) love em

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members