Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1793post #26881 of 559522/19/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26882 of 559522/19/13 at 1:58amQuote:
Also thanks Jason.
I'm sure I'll find something there. I dont do $70 hair cuts either...post #26883 of 559522/19/13 at 2:07ampost #26884 of 559522/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas D C
Anyone know where something similar to this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/315127 could be found, at hopefully a lesser price? I just can't deal with paying over $400 for a tie clip :3.
What a disgusting price!!!
I believe that the tie bar/ tie slide topic needs further discussion. They are an underrated item, as they potentially save your tie from getting caught, snagged or splash marks. I don't know much about jewellery, so I need some technical guidance as to what to look for, and how much is a reasonable amount to pay. I know Kent Wang and The Tie Bar have some.
I would really like to find a few good quality gold tie bars, suggestions would be much appreciated. I have seen a few in 9ct but they were at least ~$400.post #26885 of 559522/19/13 at 3:23ampost #26886 of 559522/19/13 at 4:39ampost #26887 of 559522/19/13 at 4:56ampost #26888 of 559522/19/13 at 6:46ampost #26889 of 559522/19/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Re haircuts, I have a barber 3 doors down in Fyshwick from our office, so I go there. Mark Daley on Tennant St. Great barber, very weird guy (in a funny way).
I also go to Christis Barbers next to Gus'es occasionally if you dont want to book and are in a hurry. And in Queanbeyan where I live, there's 3 or 4 old Italian barbers that are great. There's plenty of good proper hairdressers around if thats your thing, just that my $60 haircut days were over a long time ago.
When was the last time you went to Christis? The Greek bloke was good then he had a midlife crisis dyed his hair red then hired a dickhead. I told this clown I wanted just a trim and he and then he went and cut a short back and sides, FT for ajoke. Never been back, mind you that was 5 years ago. Every time I go past there its empty.post #26890 of 559522/19/13 at 2:14pmQuick one if anyone needs jeans tapered/chain stitched in sydney , Mikhail (http://mikhailzenon.com/) is your guy - i just received my jeans back from him and he has done a fantastic job. I asked him to taper my jeans slightly and he even left some fabric to allow for growth of my calfs. very pleased, thanks for the referral Mr thebrownman
also re haircuts - i pay $16 dollars now, i used to pay $78 dollars a year ago (@ detailformen). When i went for my first cut at the $16 place, i told my dad about it and he said "was the $78 hair cut 4.8 times better than the $16?" - that helped me make my mind up
Edited by g-banger - 2/19/13 at 2:54pmpost #26891 of 559522/19/13 at 2:19pmpost #26892 of 559522/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #26893 of 559522/19/13 at 2:55pmpost #26894 of 559522/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #26895 of 559522/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread just now
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 20 seconds ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...