Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1793post #26881 of 679462/19/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26882 of 679462/19/13 at 1:58amQuote:
Also thanks Jason.
I'm sure I'll find something there. I dont do $70 hair cuts either...post #26883 of 679462/19/13 at 2:07ampost #26884 of 679462/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas D C
Anyone know where something similar to this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/315127 could be found, at hopefully a lesser price? I just can't deal with paying over $400 for a tie clip :3.
What a disgusting price!!!
I believe that the tie bar/ tie slide topic needs further discussion. They are an underrated item, as they potentially save your tie from getting caught, snagged or splash marks. I don't know much about jewellery, so I need some technical guidance as to what to look for, and how much is a reasonable amount to pay. I know Kent Wang and The Tie Bar have some.
I would really like to find a few good quality gold tie bars, suggestions would be much appreciated. I have seen a few in 9ct but they were at least ~$400.post #26885 of 679462/19/13 at 3:23amI don't mind an understated tie pin (even one like the armoury have like a safety pin) but depends on your personal style. Generally i find they look a bit stiff and forced. Wouldnt suit me as I don't even have a tail-keep on a bunch of my ties (perhaps more the reason for one?lol)post #26886 of 679462/19/13 at 4:39amGeez this place is getting so active nowadays its so hard to keep up. I wear a tie clip from time to time - stainless steel one I bought on eBay for $7. My RL stirling silver one barely get worn. But I like my knit ties and I like the blades flap about.post #26887 of 679462/19/13 at 4:56ampost #26888 of 679462/19/13 at 6:46ampost #26889 of 679462/19/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Re haircuts, I have a barber 3 doors down in Fyshwick from our office, so I go there. Mark Daley on Tennant St. Great barber, very weird guy (in a funny way).
I also go to Christis Barbers next to Gus'es occasionally if you dont want to book and are in a hurry. And in Queanbeyan where I live, there's 3 or 4 old Italian barbers that are great. There's plenty of good proper hairdressers around if thats your thing, just that my $60 haircut days were over a long time ago.
When was the last time you went to Christis? The Greek bloke was good then he had a midlife crisis dyed his hair red then hired a dickhead. I told this clown I wanted just a trim and he and then he went and cut a short back and sides, FT for ajoke. Never been back, mind you that was 5 years ago. Every time I go past there its empty.post #26890 of 679462/19/13 at 2:14pmQuick one if anyone needs jeans tapered/chain stitched in sydney , Mikhail (http://mikhailzenon.com/) is your guy - i just received my jeans back from him and he has done a fantastic job. I asked him to taper my jeans slightly and he even left some fabric to allow for growth of my calfs. very pleased, thanks for the referral Mr thebrownman
also re haircuts - i pay $16 dollars now, i used to pay $78 dollars a year ago (@ detailformen). When i went for my first cut at the $16 place, i told my dad about it and he said "was the $78 hair cut 4.8 times better than the $16?" - that helped me make my mind up
Edited by g-banger - 2/19/13 at 2:54pmpost #26891 of 679462/19/13 at 2:19pmpost #26892 of 679462/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #26893 of 679462/19/13 at 2:55pmpost #26894 of 679462/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #26895 of 679462/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?