Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1793post #26881 of 634492/19/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26882 of 634492/19/13 at 1:58amQuote:
Also thanks Jason.
I'm sure I'll find something there. I dont do $70 hair cuts either...post #26883 of 634492/19/13 at 2:07ampost #26884 of 634492/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas D C
Anyone know where something similar to this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/315127 could be found, at hopefully a lesser price? I just can't deal with paying over $400 for a tie clip :3.
What a disgusting price!!!
I believe that the tie bar/ tie slide topic needs further discussion. They are an underrated item, as they potentially save your tie from getting caught, snagged or splash marks. I don't know much about jewellery, so I need some technical guidance as to what to look for, and how much is a reasonable amount to pay. I know Kent Wang and The Tie Bar have some.
I would really like to find a few good quality gold tie bars, suggestions would be much appreciated. I have seen a few in 9ct but they were at least ~$400.post #26885 of 634492/19/13 at 3:23ampost #26886 of 634492/19/13 at 4:39ampost #26887 of 634492/19/13 at 4:56ampost #26888 of 634492/19/13 at 6:46ampost #26889 of 634492/19/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Re haircuts, I have a barber 3 doors down in Fyshwick from our office, so I go there. Mark Daley on Tennant St. Great barber, very weird guy (in a funny way).
I also go to Christis Barbers next to Gus'es occasionally if you dont want to book and are in a hurry. And in Queanbeyan where I live, there's 3 or 4 old Italian barbers that are great. There's plenty of good proper hairdressers around if thats your thing, just that my $60 haircut days were over a long time ago.
When was the last time you went to Christis? The Greek bloke was good then he had a midlife crisis dyed his hair red then hired a dickhead. I told this clown I wanted just a trim and he and then he went and cut a short back and sides, FT for ajoke. Never been back, mind you that was 5 years ago. Every time I go past there its empty.post #26890 of 634492/19/13 at 2:14pmQuick one if anyone needs jeans tapered/chain stitched in sydney , Mikhail (http://mikhailzenon.com/) is your guy - i just received my jeans back from him and he has done a fantastic job. I asked him to taper my jeans slightly and he even left some fabric to allow for growth of my calfs. very pleased, thanks for the referral Mr thebrownman
also re haircuts - i pay $16 dollars now, i used to pay $78 dollars a year ago (@ detailformen). When i went for my first cut at the $16 place, i told my dad about it and he said "was the $78 hair cut 4.8 times better than the $16?" - that helped me make my mind up
Edited by g-banger - 2/19/13 at 2:54pmpost #26891 of 634492/19/13 at 2:19pmpost #26892 of 634492/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #26893 of 634492/19/13 at 2:55pmpost #26894 of 634492/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #26895 of 634492/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Red sole 7 minutes ago
- › Yves Saint Laurent’s ‘Scandal’ Collection 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...