or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1787

post #26791 of 58003
Ah yes, the burgundy shells are on the 325 last - "Cavendish", I believe. Unfortunately they don't fit my feet well because they're lovely shoes.
post #26792 of 58003
Sorry, double post.
post #26793 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejake View Post


Loving the talk of that new business venture he's starting up. Can't wait.

It's a great interview, and I must say I'm intrigued to see what the new venture entails, and wish him the best of luck with it!

Having a P Johnson commission and thinking about what the next will be I might have to hold off and see what other options become available...
post #26794 of 58003

Fit pictures from the other day for another forum, figured you guys might appreciate them too.

 

TM Lewin white poplin

Luxire light summer navy chino

Alden #8 chukka

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quite happy with the Luxire pants, might need to shrink the waist measurement though on the next pair. Unhappy with the shelf butt though, any ideas for solutions? 

post #26795 of 58003

I think that fit is great.

post #26796 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeggett View Post

It's a great interview, and I must say I'm intrigued to see what the new venture entails, and wish him the best of luck with it!

Having a P Johnson commission and thinking about what the next will be I might have to hold off and see what other options become available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

What an interesting interview, found he came off quite relaxed and humble (which is not always how he appears in interviews, IME).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejake View Post


Loving the talk of that new business venture he's starting up. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Pretty sure that's w/ Rob (Romp)

Yeah im really excited, we were finalising details today. We are very close now smile.gif
post #26797 of 58003
OK, whilst I've found some time to post (and I know the general question has been asked previously, but these things can be transient) however I'm heading over to Melbourne in late March and looking to take the better half out for what I hope is a wonderful meal. Having decamped back in 2002, I'm a little rusty on what's what these days, so would like to take any recommendations for restaurants in the city (staying at the Rialto) which serve up great dining?

Thoughts gents?
post #26798 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Think I am going to place an order online with Howard Yount soon and wondered if anyone had any comments on their products, trousers specifically? From my research it seems they do not do 'vanity' sizing so I have compared the measurements to my P Johnson trousers. If memory serves tobiasj is a big fan and maybe others (have tried to use the search function but sometimes it is not really much use).

Also thinking of ordering something from Ovadia and Sons too.

Any feedback on either brand appreciated.

I own a few pairs of Made in Italy HW trousers (Nailhead, Tropical Wool & Four Seasons Wool) and worn once a fortnight or so for just on one year.

in saying that, I've had to repair the belt buckle fastener, front closure button and rear pocket button on two out of the three pairs. Buttons came off clean from the fabric would you believe.

I found sizing to be true to size for the Made in Italy trousers. I'm a 32 and they fit nicely with a belt.

Hope this helps!
post #26799 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

 

What an interesting interview, found he came off quite relaxed and humble (which is not always how he appears in interviews, IME).

Showing plenty of cuff. I thought I was the only one that has 3 inches of cuff :P.

 

Where do you guys suggest getting Carmina from? There is the Armoury, the main website and Epaulet. I am sought of stuck there.

Do you think it is acceptable to use newspaper as a substitute to shoe trees? I have quite a few pairs of sneakers and boots, but don't have trees.

Lastly, does Fxh really object to wearing loafers without socks? How about in winter with jeans, surely it is okay to wear socks with suede loafers.

post #26800 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

 

What an interesting interview, found he came off quite relaxed and humble (which is not always how he appears in interviews, IME).

Showing plenty of cuff. I thought I was the only one that has 3 inches of cuff :P.

 

Where do you guys suggest getting Carmina from? There is the Armoury, the main website and Epaulet. I am sought of stuck there.

Do you think it is acceptable to use newspaper as a substitute to shoe trees? I have quite a few pairs of sneakers and boots, but don't have trees.

Lastly, does Fxh really object to wearing loafers without socks? How about in winter with jeans, surely it is okay to wear socks with suede loafers.

 

Direct from Carmina or Skab in the EU. I find most other places have ridiculous markups over direct prices.That said, if you're willing to spend Carmina money, maybe have a look at Vass also?

post #26801 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

Direct from Carmina or Skab in the EU. I find most other places have ridiculous markups over direct prices.That said, if you're willing to spend Carmina money, maybe have a look at Vass also?

Oh, I am just doing some window shopping. Picture a kid in the street, peering through the candy store window.

post #26802 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Showing plenty of cuff. I thought I was the only one that has 3 inches of cuff :P.

Where do you guys suggest getting Carmina from? There is the Armoury, the main website and Epaulet. I am sought of stuck there.
Do you think it is acceptable to use newspaper as a substitute to shoe trees? I have quite a few pairs of sneakers and boots, but don't have trees.
Lastly, does Fxh really object to wearing loafers without socks? How about in winter with jeans, surely it is okay to wear socks with suede loafers.

Buying from Carmina directly seems to be cheapest, then Skoaktiebolaget, and then Epaulet and the Armoury.

Having said that, Skoaktiebolaget seems to have excellent customer service and to have a fair few models that aren't available on the Carmina website, so it could be worth paying a small premium to order from them.

I'd man up to the expense of getting some decent shoe trees - you can order them from overseas pretty cheaply and if you don't have many shoes, the expense isn't that great.
post #26803 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'd man up to the expense of getting some decent shoe trees - you can order them from overseas pretty cheaply and if you don't have many shoes, the expense isn't that great.

I should have jumped on Manhuri's wagon when he was ordering all those trees! Alas, I wasn't thinking. I thought shoe trees were only good for leather shoes.

post #26804 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Yeah im really excited, we were finalising details today. We are very close now smile.gif

As in months, weeks... days?

post #26805 of 58003
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeggett View Post

OK, whilst I've found some time to post (and I know the general question has been asked previously, but these things can be transient) however I'm heading over to Melbourne in late March and looking to take the better half out for what I hope is a wonderful meal. Having decamped back in 2002, I'm a little rusty on what's what these days, so would like to take any recommendations for restaurants in the city (staying at the Rialto) which serve up great dining?

Thoughts gents?

if youre staying at the rialto then you should probably give vue de monde a try. you might need your concierge to help with getting a table though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members