Sadly the fine print says fragrances are not on sale.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1786
Styleforum Top Picks
Yes. I was meaning to tell Nabil and other members to hold off on the Penhaligon's until the sale.
I agree on extortionate. Artioli shoes for $2400??
And BTW, I did some reading on perfumes over the last week. It turns out that Acqua Di Gio was designed by two perfumers. Also turns out that the same perfumers did Leau Dissey by Issey Miyake and CKOne. No wonder they all smelled the same!
Having said that, the same two perfumers also did M7 by YSL, which appears to have received some good reviews. Anyone had a sniff of M7? (no wisecracks about Sydney traffic jams, please)
I was thinking about popping down to Harrold's for a look-see on Wednesday evening, around 630pm. See you guys around, perhaps?
Have tried M7, didn't purchase it at the time because it gave me a slight headache. Long lasting (on my skin at least), would be good for the colder months if you like it.
Edit: Is it still available? Remember reading on fragrantica that it was disconinued (maybe I am wrong).
I think you might be right; i had a quick look online and didn't see it in my usual spots.
There is a YSL La Collection M7 Oud Absolu? Maybe that replaced it.
I thought I'd drop in on thursday and have.a look. I'm not expecting anything much, but I'm hopeful of finding some linen and dress slacks at a price I can justify to myself. (Last time I bought some Paul Smith trousers that were marked down from $1000 to a more reasonable $100.)
Harrolds isn't too bad price-wise for 'fashion' brands, maybe they know that stylish gents looking for classic suiting etc will pay more than the seasonal crowd?
I do think the days of cheap international designer brands being available via Mr Porter etc are on the wane, probably due to the complaining of retailers like Harrold that they are being undercut. In the last 6 months I've noticed that Givenchy, Burberry and even Valentino all have Australian prices on the website in pounds substantially above the UK price.
Previously you could reliably bet that anything under the $AUD1000 limit on Mr Porter would be the UK price minus 20% VAT, but now it looks as if the reverse is true and they are marking up, not down. For example the last 2 seasons Givenchy on Mr P has been marked at close to the Australian RRP as you would find in Harrolds, and the new wave of Burberry Prorsum is all in the ballpark of Aus RRP, where previously it was 50% cheaper. Ridiculous really when there must be all of 2 retailers that stock Givenchy (Harrolds, Robby Ingham) and only the Sydney Burberry store stocks Prorsum.
It will be interesting to see in future if Aussie shoppers will still want to buy, say a Givenchy T for GBP385 when the price in the UK *including* the 20% VAT is GBP300 and the same shirt would have previously been GBP240 for Australians.
Or maybe they just figure nobody will notice.
- Australian Members
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 seconds ago
- › Vintage WW2 Peacoat 38 Naval Clothing Factory 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom... 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw