Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1755
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26312 of 525852/10/13 at 9:15pmpost #26313 of 525852/10/13 at 9:21pmpost #26314 of 525852/10/13 at 9:27pm
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?Quote:
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.post #26315 of 525852/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.phppost #26316 of 525852/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #26317 of 525852/10/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.php
The straight across doesn't work with uneven eyelets.post #26318 of 525852/10/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Do you mean where to buy them?
I just get mine from overseas - either directly from Thurston, from retailers like Brooks Brothers or J. Press, or from eBay, as braces from RL Polo and Brooks Brothers quite often appear on eBay.
If you order from Albert Thurston, you can ask them to fit leather ends in your colour of choice (well, as long as your colour of choice is white, brown or black).post #26319 of 525852/10/13 at 9:51pm
I have no idea what is going on with the "straight across" lacing in that Valet mag link - it looks very confusing and I've never laced my shoes like that.
I use "Ian's Shoelace Site" for shoelacing methods, and my preferred methods are "straight bar lacing" and "straight easy lacing".post #26320 of 525852/10/13 at 9:51pmpost #26321 of 525852/10/13 at 9:59pmpost #26322 of 525852/10/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.
http://putthison.com/post/33644150422/getting-a-good-leather-belt-belts-are-one-of-thosepost #26323 of 525852/10/13 at 10:02pmpost #26324 of 525852/10/13 at 10:10pm
This boring method works with both even and uneven eyelets. I do this on dress shoes.
p/s pics of new shoes please
Edited by Petepan - 2/10/13 at 11:06pmpost #26325 of 525852/10/13 at 10:47pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Pal Zileri Concept line? 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 11 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)