Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1755
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26312 of 640262/10/13 at 9:15pmpost #26313 of 640262/10/13 at 9:21pmpost #26314 of 640262/10/13 at 9:27pm
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?Quote:
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.post #26315 of 640262/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.phppost #26316 of 640262/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #26317 of 640262/10/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.php
The straight across doesn't work with uneven eyelets.post #26318 of 640262/10/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Do you mean where to buy them?
I just get mine from overseas - either directly from Thurston, from retailers like Brooks Brothers or J. Press, or from eBay, as braces from RL Polo and Brooks Brothers quite often appear on eBay.
If you order from Albert Thurston, you can ask them to fit leather ends in your colour of choice (well, as long as your colour of choice is white, brown or black).post #26319 of 640262/10/13 at 9:51pm
I have no idea what is going on with the "straight across" lacing in that Valet mag link - it looks very confusing and I've never laced my shoes like that.
I use "Ian's Shoelace Site" for shoelacing methods, and my preferred methods are "straight bar lacing" and "straight easy lacing".post #26320 of 640262/10/13 at 9:51pmpost #26321 of 640262/10/13 at 9:59pmpost #26322 of 640262/10/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.
http://putthison.com/post/33644150422/getting-a-good-leather-belt-belts-are-one-of-thosepost #26323 of 640262/10/13 at 10:02pmpost #26324 of 640262/10/13 at 10:10pm
This boring method works with both even and uneven eyelets. I do this on dress shoes.
p/s pics of new shoes please
Edited by Petepan - 2/10/13 at 11:06pmpost #26325 of 640262/10/13 at 10:47pm
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 5 minutes ago
- › RHUDE SS16 Collection Interview 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › The official list of online stores 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...