Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1755post #26311 of 679462/10/13 at 9:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26312 of 679462/10/13 at 9:15pmpost #26313 of 679462/10/13 at 9:21pmpost #26314 of 679462/10/13 at 9:27pm
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?Quote:
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.post #26315 of 679462/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.phppost #26316 of 679462/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #26317 of 679462/10/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.php
The straight across doesn't work with uneven eyelets.post #26318 of 679462/10/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Do you mean where to buy them?
I just get mine from overseas - either directly from Thurston, from retailers like Brooks Brothers or J. Press, or from eBay, as braces from RL Polo and Brooks Brothers quite often appear on eBay.
If you order from Albert Thurston, you can ask them to fit leather ends in your colour of choice (well, as long as your colour of choice is white, brown or black).post #26319 of 679462/10/13 at 9:51pm
I have no idea what is going on with the "straight across" lacing in that Valet mag link - it looks very confusing and I've never laced my shoes like that.
I use "Ian's Shoelace Site" for shoelacing methods, and my preferred methods are "straight bar lacing" and "straight easy lacing".post #26320 of 679462/10/13 at 9:51pmQuote:
I use this: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/overunderlacing.htm almost exclusively.post #26321 of 679462/10/13 at 9:59pmpost #26322 of 679462/10/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.
http://putthison.com/post/33644150422/getting-a-good-leather-belt-belts-are-one-of-thosepost #26323 of 679462/10/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
I use this: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/overunderlacing.htm almost exclusively.
Snap! Me too. Love this lacing.post #26324 of 679462/10/13 at 10:10pm
This boring method works with both even and uneven eyelets. I do this on dress shoes.
p/s pics of new shoes please
Edited by Petepan - 2/10/13 at 11:06pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.