Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1755
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26312 of 634032/10/13 at 9:15pmpost #26313 of 634032/10/13 at 9:21pmpost #26314 of 634032/10/13 at 9:27pm
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?Quote:
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.post #26315 of 634032/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.phppost #26316 of 634032/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #26317 of 634032/10/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.php
The straight across doesn't work with uneven eyelets.post #26318 of 634032/10/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Do you mean where to buy them?
I just get mine from overseas - either directly from Thurston, from retailers like Brooks Brothers or J. Press, or from eBay, as braces from RL Polo and Brooks Brothers quite often appear on eBay.
If you order from Albert Thurston, you can ask them to fit leather ends in your colour of choice (well, as long as your colour of choice is white, brown or black).post #26319 of 634032/10/13 at 9:51pm
I have no idea what is going on with the "straight across" lacing in that Valet mag link - it looks very confusing and I've never laced my shoes like that.
I use "Ian's Shoelace Site" for shoelacing methods, and my preferred methods are "straight bar lacing" and "straight easy lacing".post #26320 of 634032/10/13 at 9:51pmpost #26321 of 634032/10/13 at 9:59pmpost #26322 of 634032/10/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.
http://putthison.com/post/33644150422/getting-a-good-leather-belt-belts-are-one-of-thosepost #26323 of 634032/10/13 at 10:02pmpost #26324 of 634032/10/13 at 10:10pm
This boring method works with both even and uneven eyelets. I do this on dress shoes.
p/s pics of new shoes please
Edited by Petepan - 2/10/13 at 11:06pmpost #26325 of 634032/10/13 at 10:47pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › BIG TV ////////Chile vs Argentina Live 5 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › YES TV =Chile vs Argentina Live 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Hook and Albert Garment Weekender Bag 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...