Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1755
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26312 of 678772/10/13 at 9:15pmpost #26313 of 678772/10/13 at 9:21pmpost #26314 of 678772/10/13 at 9:27pm
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?Quote:
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.post #26315 of 678772/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.phppost #26316 of 678772/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #26317 of 678772/10/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Should work regardless of number of eyelets -- http://www.valetmag.com/the-handbook/features/2010/31-days/day4-lacing-your-shoes.php
The straight across doesn't work with uneven eyelets.post #26318 of 678772/10/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Do you mean where to buy them?
I just get mine from overseas - either directly from Thurston, from retailers like Brooks Brothers or J. Press, or from eBay, as braces from RL Polo and Brooks Brothers quite often appear on eBay.
If you order from Albert Thurston, you can ask them to fit leather ends in your colour of choice (well, as long as your colour of choice is white, brown or black).post #26319 of 678772/10/13 at 9:51pm
I have no idea what is going on with the "straight across" lacing in that Valet mag link - it looks very confusing and I've never laced my shoes like that.
I use "Ian's Shoelace Site" for shoelacing methods, and my preferred methods are "straight bar lacing" and "straight easy lacing".post #26320 of 678772/10/13 at 9:51pmpost #26321 of 678772/10/13 at 9:59pmpost #26322 of 678772/10/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Wait wait... how do you guys tie your laces with an odd amount of eyelets (ie. 5)?
I asked this a few pages ago now, didn't get any concrete answers apart from the usual bridle leather makers (Equus, Narragansett, etc.), which may or may not be too thick of a leather for suit wear.
http://putthison.com/post/33644150422/getting-a-good-leather-belt-belts-are-one-of-thosepost #26323 of 678772/10/13 at 10:02pmpost #26324 of 678772/10/13 at 10:10pm
This boring method works with both even and uneven eyelets. I do this on dress shoes.
p/s pics of new shoes please
Edited by Petepan - 2/10/13 at 11:06pmpost #26325 of 678772/10/13 at 10:47pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...