Well we will just have to be patient. Trying Sartorial today.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1754post #26296 of 620722/10/13 at 4:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26297 of 620722/10/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
(Even cheaper in Pakistan)
Briefly - One word. Luxotica.
Another word or two - near monopoly or oligopoly. Some more words. No real competition. Collusion.
Not uncommon for markups of 1000% in Australia on frames (largely plastic from Chinese factories that cost just a $1 or $2, even those "Made In Italy") and similar for lenses.
More analysis can be provided if needed.
the last time i was in hong kong, i went over to shenzen. bought frames with prescription lenses for less than $40 a pair. thats probably a lot with my gweilo bargaining skills. they are branded frames, but equal to if not better than my real designer frames in quality.post #26298 of 620722/10/13 at 4:38pmIf you know your full prescription, you can still save a bit of money and get decent lenses by buying them online when you get your frames
My Oliver Peoples came with free single vision lenses, and the upgrade to 1.6 essilor lenses with top of the line crizal forte coating for $75. Locally this would've been $220+.post #26299 of 620722/10/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
and of course, if you paid for an eye test (or the government paid for it on your behalf), the optometrist is obliged to provide the prescription to you. i think youre entitled to a bulk billed eye test every 12 months.
even if you buy glasses from them, ask for it.post #26300 of 620722/10/13 at 4:50pmpost #26301 of 620722/10/13 at 5:06pmQuote:
When I used to work as an Optom Assistant in undergrad, I was under orders from corporate not to give out the PD's.
Still did it. Our mark ups were a fucking joke. Especially on plastic frames. At least the titanium frames had some tangible reason to be more expensive.
But PD's can be done DIY if you've got the frames, a friend with a marker, and a ruler.post #26302 of 620722/10/13 at 5:37pmpost #26303 of 620722/10/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I wish...they are Bestetti Gladiators! maybe Russell should get a pair.Quote:
Has the American version already started on Foxtel? I have not seen it on the list.post #26304 of 620722/10/13 at 6:09pmpost #26305 of 620722/10/13 at 6:18pmpost #26306 of 620722/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #26307 of 620722/10/13 at 7:14pmpost #26308 of 620722/10/13 at 8:33pmpost #26309 of 620722/10/13 at 9:00pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 15 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 18 minutes ago
- › Ferragamo Tramezza Special Edition fully hand made norwegese split... 19 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 20 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 23 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan