Well we will just have to be patient. Trying Sartorial today.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1754post #26296 of 603232/10/13 at 4:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26297 of 603232/10/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
(Even cheaper in Pakistan)
Briefly - One word. Luxotica.
Another word or two - near monopoly or oligopoly. Some more words. No real competition. Collusion.
Not uncommon for markups of 1000% in Australia on frames (largely plastic from Chinese factories that cost just a $1 or $2, even those "Made In Italy") and similar for lenses.
More analysis can be provided if needed.
the last time i was in hong kong, i went over to shenzen. bought frames with prescription lenses for less than $40 a pair. thats probably a lot with my gweilo bargaining skills. they are branded frames, but equal to if not better than my real designer frames in quality.post #26298 of 603232/10/13 at 4:38pmIf you know your full prescription, you can still save a bit of money and get decent lenses by buying them online when you get your frames
My Oliver Peoples came with free single vision lenses, and the upgrade to 1.6 essilor lenses with top of the line crizal forte coating for $75. Locally this would've been $220+.post #26299 of 603232/10/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
and of course, if you paid for an eye test (or the government paid for it on your behalf), the optometrist is obliged to provide the prescription to you. i think youre entitled to a bulk billed eye test every 12 months.
even if you buy glasses from them, ask for it.post #26300 of 603232/10/13 at 4:50pmpost #26301 of 603232/10/13 at 5:06pmQuote:
When I used to work as an Optom Assistant in undergrad, I was under orders from corporate not to give out the PD's.
Still did it. Our mark ups were a fucking joke. Especially on plastic frames. At least the titanium frames had some tangible reason to be more expensive.
But PD's can be done DIY if you've got the frames, a friend with a marker, and a ruler.post #26302 of 603232/10/13 at 5:37pmpost #26303 of 603232/10/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I wish...they are Bestetti Gladiators! maybe Russell should get a pair.Quote:
Has the American version already started on Foxtel? I have not seen it on the list.post #26304 of 603232/10/13 at 6:09pmpost #26305 of 603232/10/13 at 6:18pmpost #26306 of 603232/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #26307 of 603232/10/13 at 7:14pmpost #26308 of 603232/10/13 at 8:33pmpost #26309 of 603232/10/13 at 9:00pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 seconds ago
- › Knits - Scott & Charters and Jamieson's of Shetland 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WANTED: 42R-44R suit (lightweight/tropical weight) 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...