Well we will just have to be patient. Trying Sartorial today.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1754post #26296 of 634582/10/13 at 4:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26297 of 634582/10/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
(Even cheaper in Pakistan)
Briefly - One word. Luxotica.
Another word or two - near monopoly or oligopoly. Some more words. No real competition. Collusion.
Not uncommon for markups of 1000% in Australia on frames (largely plastic from Chinese factories that cost just a $1 or $2, even those "Made In Italy") and similar for lenses.
More analysis can be provided if needed.
the last time i was in hong kong, i went over to shenzen. bought frames with prescription lenses for less than $40 a pair. thats probably a lot with my gweilo bargaining skills. they are branded frames, but equal to if not better than my real designer frames in quality.post #26298 of 634582/10/13 at 4:38pmIf you know your full prescription, you can still save a bit of money and get decent lenses by buying them online when you get your frames
My Oliver Peoples came with free single vision lenses, and the upgrade to 1.6 essilor lenses with top of the line crizal forte coating for $75. Locally this would've been $220+.post #26299 of 634582/10/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
and of course, if you paid for an eye test (or the government paid for it on your behalf), the optometrist is obliged to provide the prescription to you. i think youre entitled to a bulk billed eye test every 12 months.
even if you buy glasses from them, ask for it.post #26300 of 634582/10/13 at 4:50pmpost #26301 of 634582/10/13 at 5:06pmQuote:
When I used to work as an Optom Assistant in undergrad, I was under orders from corporate not to give out the PD's.
Still did it. Our mark ups were a fucking joke. Especially on plastic frames. At least the titanium frames had some tangible reason to be more expensive.
But PD's can be done DIY if you've got the frames, a friend with a marker, and a ruler.post #26302 of 634582/10/13 at 5:37pmpost #26303 of 634582/10/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I wish...they are Bestetti Gladiators! maybe Russell should get a pair.Quote:
Has the American version already started on Foxtel? I have not seen it on the list.post #26304 of 634582/10/13 at 6:09pmpost #26305 of 634582/10/13 at 6:18pmpost #26306 of 634582/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #26307 of 634582/10/13 at 7:14pmpost #26308 of 634582/10/13 at 8:33pmpost #26309 of 634582/10/13 at 9:00pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 41 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...