or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1745

post #26161 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post


Ahem I beg to differ here, no cultural creative or artistic practitioner that I know would ever wear this crap. Make wanabe rock stars looking for stage wear if they were after a retro new romantic look.

Not being derogatory I think it has a particular appeal to certain upwardly mobile aspirational ethnic gents.

And there is a very interesting article about Burberry written by the CEO in todays AFR Boss magazine.

 

A certain colourful politician of yesteryear would certainly fill the bill... Al Grasby

 

This to me takes the cake... NRL Great, Brad Freddy Fitler

 

post #26162 of 48617
With respect to Mr Bananas' ties, yes, the price is extravagant (although when has that mattered to certain people on SF?), but in terms of design, is there really that much difference between them and some of, say, P.Johnson's or Drake's more *ahem* loud designs?

http://www.joebananas.com.au/collections/one-of-a-kind-silk-ties

http://www.pjohnsonshop.com/collections/ties?page=2

http://www.drakes-london.com/ties/print?limit=all

Stick a Drakes label on them, and my guess is that certain "upwardly mobile" gents on SF would wet their pants with excitement.
post #26163 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpt293 View Post

I have a question for the shoe experts around. I recently bought a pair of C&Js from the American Tailor sale. I haven't owned C&J before but I have owned AEs, Loakes and Meermins.

The issue is that the top layer of the sole seems to be peeling off at the toe. I've never had this issue with any of my other shoes. Is this going to be a problem going forward? Is it an easy fix for a cobbler or is it something I should be returning them over? Here are the pictures for reference:

This happened with my C&J handgrades as well.  IMHO, I don't think it is something to return them over, but at the same time happens far too quickly.  I've had a lot lower 'regarded' shoes with channel soles and it never happened with them.  I think that the loose layer of leather will wear off with more wear, but you could get it glued down if you really want.

post #26164 of 48617
Jas, 8cm for me. I'm too skinny to rock 9cm.
post #26165 of 48617
Nothing to worry about from what I've read in the shoe pron thread; I remember that a pair of G&Gs had this problem and some leather cement fixed it otherwise let it wear off or if you must sand paper it off (last ditch).
post #26166 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Nothing to worry about from what I've read in the shoe pron thread; I remember that a pair of G&Gs had this problem and some leather cement fixed it otherwise let it wear off or if you must sand paper it off (last ditch).

 

or get a steel tap added 

post #26167 of 48617

So I just need a sanity check here. I ordered a couple of V-necks from Lands' End which arrived today... one merino V-neck in fir heather, and one cashmere in dark mahogany heather. I ordered both in what's listed on the site as "S (34-36)".

 

Anyway, they arrived today and this is what they look like...

 

 

 

(It's kind of hard to see but those labels both say S 34-36.)

 

I've checked the page and I didn't choose the "big & tall" option (and even if I did, that's pretty damn big and tall)... so is this a mistake as obvious as I think it is, or is there really this much of a difference in size between the merino and cashmere knits?

post #26168 of 48617
I highly doubt it. Almost certainly they'll send you a new one free of charge and not even ask you to return the other.
post #26169 of 48617

To the above post.

 

That looks like a big fuck up. They are two completely different sized jumpers!


Edited by JimmyHoffa - 2/7/13 at 7:17pm
post #26170 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd85 View Post


I've checked the page and I didn't choose the "big & tall" option (and even if I did, that's pretty damn big and tall)... so is this a mistake as obvious as I think it is, or is there really this much of a difference in size between the merino and cashmere knits?

lol! They've made a mistake, mate.
post #26171 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

PoP - does that mean that you would like to have a circular tie?
Actually, I meant to say π inches wide - πcm would be a bit on the narrow side.
post #26172 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd85 View Post

So I just need a sanity check here. I ordered a couple of V-necks from Lands' End which arrived today... one merino V-neck in fir heather, and one cashmere in dark mahogany heather. I ordered both in what's listed on the site as "S (34-36)".

Anyway, they arrived today and this is what they look like...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





(It's kind of hard to see but those labels both say S 34-36.)

I've checked the page and I didn't choose the "big & tall" option (and even if I did, that's pretty damn big and tall)... so is this a mistake as obvious as I think it is, or is there really this much of a difference in size between the merino and cashmere knits?
Looks like someone put the wrong labels on at the factory.
post #26173 of 48617

Italian vs Amercian fit ? lol8[1].gif

post #26174 of 48617

The Merino has been pre-shrunked for your convenience. stirpot.gif

post #26175 of 48617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

A certain colourful politician of yesteryear would certainly fill the bill... Al Grasby

This to me takes the cake... NRL Great, Brad Freddy Fitler



Can't be Adolph, he looks sober
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members