or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1744

post #26146 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Jason: out of interest why are you thinking of widening HC ties? I remember you saying sometime ago that you consider 8cm to be the "perfect" width. Have your views changed?
No reason really, just putting the feelers out to see if I'm missing out on clients that will only buy 9cm ties, I know Journeyman only like 9cm or wider for one. That's why being an affiliate is a distinct advantage, because I can get direct feedback from you guys straight away.

I still see it as the best width fwiw, 7 is definitely too narrow but I may also do some at 8cm and some at 9cm, so we'll see. I'd happily wear 9cm without a problem though. I guess the thing to accept when you have your own brand that while it's great to be able to design/make stuff for yourself, it's not about that at the end of the day. It's about what the client wants. But you can never please everyone, and for every person that says 8cm is too narrow, there's someone who says it's too wide!
post #26147 of 51760

I vote for 8cm, 9cm is well out of my range.

post #26148 of 51760
W/r/t tie widths: I actually like 3.25", so 8cm is slightly too narrow and 9cm slightly too wide. Sorry to be difficult :/
post #26149 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

W/r/t tie widths: I actually like 3.25", so 8cm is slightly too narrow and 9cm slightly too wide. Sorry to be difficult :/

It's a good width.
post #26150 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post


that yellow floral tie should be in the next HC collection smile.gif

TGIF

 

He had me at "floral bling".

 

And there's an orgy of collar gaps.

post #26151 of 51760

Chalk me up as an 8cm vote. I love the HC and Drakes 8cm ties.

post #26152 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

W/r/t tie widths: I actually like 3.25", so 8cm is slightly too narrow and 9cm slightly too wide. Sorry to be difficult :/
Geez you're a bit picky mate biggrin.gif. What's 3.25 translate to about 8.2cm?
post #26153 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Ah you beat me to it, I have always wondered about Mr Bananas. Even before I found SF, I was always horrified by those lapels on his jackets.

But I have to say, that is a great website, good luck to him.

He probably has his faithful customers, although none of them will be found on Styleforum. If I had cash to burn and was in the arts, and was of a certain build I could see myself in some of that stuff, shocked as you may be to hear that. In fact, it might almost be more appropriate than anything SF approved in that context.

For the average Joe, paying $600 for a pair of pleated chinos doesn't make sense, but to a certain type of customer I can see how it might. Just like to some, paying $400 for a garish LV branded belt that cost about $5 to manufacture makes sense, although not to us.
post #26154 of 51760

One happy customer pre-ordered one of our O&J popover shirts in light denim chambray. We should have them on the site soon or PM/email us

 

post #26155 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Geez you're a bit picky mate biggrin.gif. What's 3.25 translate to about 8.2cm?
Hi Jason, can you start making ties in πcm diameter? I know π is an irrational number, but I'm an irrational person and a tie in an unquantifiable diameter would reflect my complex personality. Thanks.
post #26156 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Hi Jason, can you start making ties in πcm diameter? I know π is an irrational number, but I'm an irrational person and a tie in an unquantifiable diameter would reflect my complex personality. Thanks.

PoP - does that mean that you would like to have a circular tie?
post #26157 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Not really suprising that Rolf Harris is one of his customers.

Could confidently assume Mental as Anything would be clients too, only when royalty cheques come in though
post #26158 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

He probably has his faithful customers, although none of them will be found on Styleforum. If I had cash to burn and was in the arts, and was of a certain build I could see myself in some of that stuff, shocked as you may be to hear that. In fact, it might almost be more appropriate than anything SF approved in that context.

For the average Joe, paying $600 for a pair of pleated chinos doesn't make sense, but to a certain type of customer I can see how it might. Just like to some, paying $400 for a garish LV branded belt that cost about $5 to manufacture makes sense, although not to us.

Ahem I beg to differ here, no cultural creative or artistic practitioner that I know would ever wear this crap. Make wanabe rock stars looking for stage wear if they were after a retro new romantic look.

Not being derogatory I think it has a particular appeal to certain upwardly mobile aspirational ethnic gents.

And there is a very interesting article about Burberry written by the CEO in todays AFR Boss magazine.
post #26159 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Hi Jason, can you start making ties in πcm diameter? I know π is an irrational number, but I'm an irrational person and a tie in an unquantifiable diameter would reflect my complex personality. Thanks.

+1
post #26160 of 51760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post


Ahem I beg to differ here, no cultural creative or artistic practitioner that I know would ever wear this crap. Make wanabe rock stars looking for stage wear if they were after a retro new romantic look.

Not being derogatory I think it has a particular appeal to certain upwardly mobile aspirational ethnic gents.

And there is a very interesting article about Burberry written by the CEO in todays AFR Boss magazine.

 

A certain colourful politician of yesteryear would certainly fill the bill... Al Grasby

 

This to me takes the cake... NRL Great, Brad Freddy Fitler

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members