or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1738

post #26056 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


Rrp don’t mean a thing.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpletiesto View Post

Actually it means how much it sells for in the retail shop, which is where these were bought and how much they were paid for.

 

 

I think it was meant in jest. Anyone with www.awesomebargains.com.au in their signature would mean it in jest rimshot.gif

post #26057 of 53469

After working in North Sydney for the past X years I needed a tailor in the CBD. Someone on here suggested Alterations by Master on O'Connell so I went there since it is pretty close to Circular Quay. I needed my sleeves shortened and (I thought) the jacket taken out a little bit. Michael immediately told me that my jacket was pulling because of my posture which was very nice of him.

But I still wanted my sleeves shortened and was billed $80 for it.. A bit high especially compared to what I used to pay but I'll guess I'll wait for the jacket to be ready and see the handiwork. Might try a few other alterations tailors for price / quality around the CBD before I stick to one..

 

Anyone else have experience with Alterations by Master?

post #26058 of 53469
^^Lol. Who pays retail these days ?
If someone paid $1200 for those shoes I would really feel sorry. They regularly turn up on internet sites for ¼ of that prices. Like you are selling them for ¼ of the rrp.(Didn’t mean to offend you)
On a another note my 2 pairs of RL Marlow’s arrived today. Will post pictures later o:slayer:n.
post #26059 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

After working in North Sydney for the past X years I needed a tailor in the CBD. Someone on here suggested Alterations by Master on O'Connell so I went there since it is pretty close to Circular Quay. I needed my sleeves shortened and (I thought) the jacket taken out a little bit. Michael immediately told me that my jacket was pulling because of my posture which was very nice of him.
But I still wanted my sleeves shortened and was billed $80 for it.. A bit high especially compared to what I used to pay but I'll guess I'll wait for the jacket to be ready and see the handiwork. Might try a few other alterations tailors for price / quality around the CBD before I stick to one..

Anyone else have experience with Alterations by Master?
$80 is stiff.$45 is standard cost for shortening sleeves.
But if he had to shorten the sleeves form the shoulder(working buttons on cuffs) then its alright.
post #26060 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

^^Lol. Who pays retail these days ?
If someone paid $1200 for those shoes I would really feel sorry. They regularly turn up on internet sites for ¼ of that prices. Like you are selling them for ¼ of the rrp.(Didn’t mean to offend you)
On a another note my 2 pairs of RL Marlow’s arrived today. Will post pictures later o:slayer:n.

2 pairs of Marlow???

One for you, one for me, any chance? biggrin.gif

post #26061 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

2 pairs of Marlow???
One for you, one for me, any chance? biggrin.gif
Lol I hope you are not us8.5:)D ….
post #26062 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


$80 is stiff.$45 is standard cost for shortening sleeves.
But if he had to shorten the sleeves form the shoulder(working buttons on cuffs) then its alright.

 

Actually good point - he mentioned the working buttons, but we didn't talk about the method of shortening.. just agreed that I wanted around 1/2 to 1 cm off... I guess I'll find out!

post #26063 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

After working in North Sydney for the past X years I needed a tailor in the CBD. Someone on here suggested Alterations by Master on O'Connell so I went there since it is pretty close to Circular Quay. I needed my sleeves shortened and (I thought) the jacket taken out a little bit. Michael immediately told me that my jacket was pulling because of my posture which was very nice of him.
But I still wanted my sleeves shortened and was billed $80 for it.. A bit high especially compared to what I used to pay but I'll guess I'll wait for the jacket to be ready and see the handiwork. Might try a few other alterations tailors for price / quality around the CBD before I stick to one..

Anyone else have experience with Alterations by Master?

$40 for the sleeves, $40 for the posture assessment.
post #26064 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

cool - let me know when you confirm a date and ill try to fly down for it. MTO ties are cool - what options are available beyond the standard OTR range?
No worries will do. You'll be able to order all the regular ties that will be released at the same time in custom width/lengths but there will also be a bunch of other swatches which we won't have done, that can be special ordered too, either for no extra charge at the standard dimensions or about $15-$20 for MTO, though that will be up to Richard to decide on exact costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

El sitio no funciona frown.gif

Just down for a bit of maintenence, it's running a bit slower than it should. It's back up now but is still running a bit slow.

Perhaps a bit of opinion on next seasons stuff, I'm thinking about widening to 9cm from 8cm for winter, what are people's thoughts on this?
post #26065 of 53469
I imagine they will be at Ludlow's prices rather than direct from the wholesaler prices? smile.gif

I, for one, hope you don't go to 9cm .
post #26066 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

 

 

 

 

I think it was meant in jest. Anyone with www.awesomebargains.com.au in their signature would mean it in jest rimshot.gif

 

I've got an online retail store myself, so of course I know this. Still to state an RRP is nothing unusual and generally doesn't warrant such comments.

post #26067 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Perhaps a bit of opinion on next seasons stuff, I'm thinking about widening to 9cm from 8cm for winter, what are people's thoughts on this?

9cm would have my vote.
post #26068 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

I imagine they will be at Ludlow's prices rather than direct from the wholesaler prices? smile.gif

I, for one, hope you don't go to 9cm .

They will, but Ludlows sell for the same as I do pretty much. biggrin.gif

Ok one vote for staying at 8cm.
post #26069 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Perhaps a bit of opinion on next seasons stuff, I'm thinking about widening to 9cm from 8cm for winter, what are people's thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post


I, for one, hope you don't go to 9cm .


I, for one, hope that you do!! smile.gif
post #26070 of 53469
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

^^Lol. Who pays retail these days ?
If someone paid $1200 for those shoes I would really feel sorry. They regularly turn up on internet sites for ¼ of that prices. Like you are selling them for ¼ of the rrp.(Didn’t mean to offend you)
On a another note my 2 pairs of RL Marlow’s arrived today. Will post pictures later o:slayer:n.

not everyone is a bargain hunter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


No worries will do. You'll be able to order all the regular ties that will be released at the same time in custom width/lengths but there will also be a bunch of other swatches which we won't have done, that can be special ordered too, either for no extra charge at the standard dimensions or about $15-$20 for MTO, though that will be up to Richard to decide on exact costs.
Just down for a bit of maintenence, it's running a bit slower than it should. It's back up now but is still running a bit slow.

Perhaps a bit of opinion on next seasons stuff, I'm thinking about widening to 9cm from 8cm for winter, what are people's thoughts on this?

 

I think id prefer 8cm (unless you have one of the MJ Bale suits where the lapels are narrow and need a 7cm to balance it out!)

 

But tie width is very personal depending on current suit collection and size of the person

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members