or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1712

post #25666 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Exciting news Romp! What P Johnson has accomplished in the local market demonstrates the possibilities...

Gents l have asked this question previously but it possibly got lost in translation.... In regards to cuffing pants, what are peoples thoughts. I'm talking suit pants. Also what size cuff?

I have a couple of new suits and l thought l would roll the dice and hear what the local knowledge thinks. Stuff the cuff or go with it?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks

DB, it's really a subjective, personal choice, but it does also depend a bit upon your physical attributes.

The generally accepted theory is that, if you are short (and also perhaps if you are fat) you should avoid cuffs as the cuffs interfere with the straight line of the trousers and thus going cuffless can make you look a bit taller.

On the other hand, I think that cuffs make the trousers look a bit more "finished" and provide some visual interest as well. Particularly if the trousers are made from a light fabric, they can help the fabric to hang nicely and give it a bit more weight and shape at the bottom, so that the trouser legs don't flap around your ankles too much.

All but one pair of my woollen trousers have 5cm/2" cuffs, and most of my cotton trousers are cuffed, too.
post #25667 of 54607

O&J x P Johnson?

post #25668 of 54607
You need cuffs to do this (as we all know pocket squares are essential to a good outfit).

http://thetrad.blogspot.com.au/2008/12/trad-sets-trend-cuff-square.html
post #25669 of 54607
I found GW's post quite informative for cuffs and tend to follow the same opinion on this topic. http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/570115225/thanks-to-a-new-follower-who-has-taken-the-time
post #25670 of 54607
post #25671 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

O&J x P Johnson?

 

Since Rob first talked about it on this forum weeks ago I have been wondering, since Patrick talked about a new venture that sounded very similar, and Rob has mentioned being friends with Patrick. Regardless, quite curious for more info, the pricing obviously, and whether the suits will be fully canvassed. Keep us updated please Rob!

 

Hopefully it (Rob's, Patrick's, or their) offer will not be attractive enough that it will make me consider stop getting the 'full deal' with Patrick!

post #25672 of 54607
Hmmm, are you sure it wasn't just PJ Napoli (La Vera)?
post #25673 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

 

Since Rob first talked about it on this forum weeks ago I have been wondering, since Patrick talked about a new venture that sounded very similar, and Rob has mentioned being friends with Patrick. Regardless, quite curious for more info, the pricing obviously, and whether the suits will be fully canvassed. Keep us updated please Rob!

 

Hopefully it (Rob's, Patrick's, or their) offer will not be attractive enough that it will make me consider stop getting the 'full deal' with Patrick!

 

you guys been watching that new show "elementary" ? 

 

peepwall[1].gif

post #25674 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

you guys been watching that new show "elementary" ? 

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

No.

Tell us more about your new venture.
post #25675 of 54607

Great feedback JourneyMan, Pink Socks, Romp, Isurg and NAKA...

 

As Mr Pink Socks pointed out the cuff can come in handy for storage or peacocking : )

 

I stand at 5'10 and wear UK 9, so hopefully l won't look too out of proportion, probably should shed a few pounds too - maybe TBM and Romp can help me out!

 

I will check GW thoughts as well.

 

I'm thinking l will go with the 2 inch cuff.

 

Another satisfied customer.

 

BTW - Awesome Carminas PS! Damn beautiful! Where did you stay in Paris?

post #25676 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

BTW - Awesome Carminas PS! Damn beautiful! Where did you stay in Paris?

Glad you like it.  When I was told it was the Simpson last, I went "oh,no!"  But Frederic said do not worry, shell is more flexible, you do not need to size up.  And he was right. I tried the lizard skin, same size and same last, and after 5 minutes, my feet was giving me a firm "FU".

 

I stayed in an apartment near the Palais Royale, and it was a 2 minutes walk to Carmina.  Wife is still suspicious as to choice of accommodation venue.

post #25677 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

 

Since Rob first talked about it on this forum weeks ago I have been wondering, since Patrick talked about a new venture that sounded very similar, and Rob has mentioned being friends with Patrick. Regardless, quite curious for more info, the pricing obviously, and whether the suits will be fully canvassed. Keep us updated please Rob!

 

Hopefully it (Rob's, Patrick's, or their) offer will not be attractive enough that it will make me consider stop getting the 'full deal' with Patrick!

How do you know they are friends?

 

Rob looks like he went Cranbrook, and Patrick looks like he went to Scotts......

post #25678 of 54607

Had to look on my phone as those gorgeous carminas didn't show up in browser for some reason. Wow, great colour. What last is that?

 

Interesting to hear about the Paris pricing, I wonder if it's comparable in Spain?

post #25679 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Glad you like it.  When I was told it was the Simpson last, I went "oh,no!"  But Frederic said do not worry, shell is more flexible, you do not need to size up.  And he was right. I tried the lizard skin, same size and same last, and after 5 minutes, my feet was giving me a firm "FU".

 

I stayed in an apartment near the Palais Royale, and it was a 2 minutes walk to Carmina.  Wife is still suspicious as to choice of accommodation venue.

I'm just looking at Paris accom. What site did you get your apartment from? I have been looking at AirBnB.com.

post #25680 of 54607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Glad you like it.  When I was told it was the Simpson last, I went "oh,no!"  But Frederic said do not worry, shell is more flexible, you do not need to size up.  And he was right. I tried the lizard skin, same size and same last, and after 5 minutes, my feet was giving me a firm "FU".

 

I stayed in an apartment near the Palais Royale, and it was a 2 minutes walk to Carmina.  Wife is still suspicious as to choice of accommodation venue.

Brilliant Petepan. You've done really well, they look amazing. Setting the standard for the rest of us young lads.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members