No what you said was da troof!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1709post #25621 of 679462/2/13 at 5:36ampost #25622 of 679462/2/13 at 6:10ampost #25623 of 679462/2/13 at 1:34pmpost #25624 of 679462/2/13 at 2:10pmpost #25625 of 679462/2/13 at 3:05pmpost #25626 of 679462/2/13 at 3:33pmpost #25627 of 679462/2/13 at 3:39pmpost #25628 of 679462/2/13 at 5:01pmTrying to make a decision between some AE Strands and AE 5th Avenues, both in Walnut. Strands seem a bit flashy for me since the Walnut colour really makes all the Broguing stand out. I reckon I could get some nice antiquing going on the 5th Ave's a bit quicker too to tone down the light colour.
Common forum wisdom says the Strands, though, thoughts?
Edited by lachyzee - 2/2/13 at 5:24pmpost #25629 of 679462/2/13 at 5:41pmpost #25630 of 679462/2/13 at 7:06pmpost #25631 of 679462/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #25632 of 679462/2/13 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
Trying to make a decision between some AE Strands and AE 5th Avenues, both in Walnut. Strands seem a bit flashy for me since the Walnut colour really makes all the Broguing stand out. I reckon I could get some nice antiquing going on the 5th Ave's a bit quicker too to tone down the light colour.
Common forum wisdom says the Strands, though, thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Get the Strands. The Fifts Ave the cap is rather short. Which is kind of ugly IMO. Walnut is really light in person. I had to get used to wearing my strands at work. Attracts a lots of attentions. People will ask you what shoes you are wearing and/or compliment them.post #25633 of 679462/2/13 at 9:56pmpost #25634 of 679462/2/13 at 11:09pm
You need to double spoiler that shit next time... God Damn that is awful!
Does anyone know where to get some cheap shoe polish daubers in Melbourne?
Online prices seem excessive, mostly due to shipping from overseas, and I don't need a whole Valet kit, just the dauber.
thanks.post #25635 of 679462/2/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure the cap toe on the fifth ave/strand is the same length. (Actually no you're right, the strand is slightly longer) I have brown fifth aves, don't find the captoe short at all. It's longer than an equivalently sized park avenue.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Taylor Stitch Jack Oxford in Brushed Army Green, size 42 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Swims Galoshes size L (fits US 8-9) Brand New in Black 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Brogue Captoes in Brown (worn once) UK7.5 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 8 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 10 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...