Sorry for the late reply Rob; but here's my wallet. Though I don't think there a problem any more after looking at the 3 y.o. one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1704
ive got both - i prefer black in the new minis with the blackish reverse too
this - need more shoes in rotation + shoe trees to help with the between wear
1) if you put on new pair on just the front rather than heel it changes the balance of the shoe and put pressure on the arch and heel attachment. If you do both it makes the sole feel alot thicker (imo). Ive done both - the first one my shoe at the heel cracked, the second made me look like i had really thick soles and were ugly so i never wore them
2) if you put on an old sole i find that water still impacts especially around the ball of foot and where it bends (because 3mm above the topy is the worn leather from before) and it gets in and weakens the mid flex point of my soles.
What model is that one?
try hunt leather
the US bisonte shop doesnt have all the models.
The closest is this http://shop.ilbisonte.com/au/wallet-neri-cognac_C0437XXPXXUXX214XX.html
but its in cognac (doesnt age) rather than vachetta/natural
I do like the pebbly-grain better than the smooth hide.. so you'd need to sort through the wallets to find the grain that you prefer.
yeah you need to hold it more/put it in the sun ... you will know when the patina will slow down because the leather starts to go a bit shiny
here is mine after 3 yrs ...ive stopped using it for now .. using a Ottino Lambskin wallet now because its lighter/thinner
Unlike a lot of members I don't get my shoes Topy'd as soon as I get them. I now have a few pairs where I have worn down the heel almost to the second 'layer', so one by one I'm getting a new (rubber) layer on the heel put on and a Topy on the sole. Seems to work fine, it's cheap and as far as I know, you can keep replacing the heel/Topy indefinitely?
This is my approach as well, some shoes coming up for treatment soon I think!
Problem is that you don't get a choice of rubber or leather soles on every pair of quality shoes you might like for other reasons (like, quality). Personally I don't care much if the final layer in contact with the ground is leather or rubber, hence once the leather starts to get worn I'll protect it from further wear by adding a replaceable rubber layer. Each to their own of course.
I must admit I went skating down a stretch of CBD pavement in the pictured pair of C&Js once, in dry weather. I managed to put my arms out and keep my balance, but it was still really embarrassing.
That said I still mostly prefer leather. Isn't bad weather just a cue to break out the RMWs or dainite soled pairs?
I was wearing my Lindricks on a dry sunny day when I slipped on the smooth paving stones on the corner of Collins and Spencer streets near the Age building and fell on the road. I topy'd them the next day - no issues since and I don't care what anyone else thinks..
Appreciate the vote of confidence, Michael but I have to say, to each his own. My decision to get topy applied to the boots was dictated by practicality (and my own wellbeing!) more than anything else.
- Australian Members
- › PRICE DROP - BNIB Santoni Goodyear Brogues - 8 UK / 9.5 US 23 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition 37 seconds ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Naked and famous denim 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw