I am new to the forum and been reading it quite a bit lately.
I bought two suits for 1k special from MJ Bale. The material feels good and I have been told they are all 100% Australian Marina wool. I paid another $100 for the extra trouser for each suit so 4 in total.
To my horror they have made mistakes twice for my pants hem shortening. first time was too long, it was probably because at the first measurement I was wearing loafer. 2nd time guess what, they were too short. it was to the extend the socks reveal without any break. I took it back to the flagship store and the manager was very nice and sorted it for me. at final last!
Two suits are the exact same cut. As you would expect the fit isn't perfect and there are a couple of adjustments to be made to make them look smart on me. I think the cut is a Italian style, with minimal padding on the shoulder. I prefer a slim style suits. Both suits are mainly for work purpose. I think I would need the following done:
- shorten the sleeves about an inch
- shorten the length of the jacket, about an inch as well
- Trouser is a bit too loose and needs to be slimmed down
- waist is a bit tight. I can button up but after a big meal I would struggle
So here are some of the questions I have:
- what people think about the quality of MJ Bale suits and their quality of the wool material? they claim they are 100% Australian Marina wool. They don't tell you if they are super 120 or something like that, just 100% wool...
- Most importantly, can someone recommend me a good tailor that can do a good job on suit alteration in Sydney without charging too much. I really don't know how much I should expect to pay for jobs described above.
- I have done a search on this forum (trust me I really tried), and some people recommend:
- Hayel & Son Alteration & Tailoring
Any other suggestions? I got a couple of shirts need to be altered as well (shortening sleeves)
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any input.