or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1671

post #25051 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Hopefully at least this thread will be minus the negative, rambling posts of the last few 24 hours for at least a few days. The Australian members thread is an oasis from all of that, so let's try and keep it that way.

Yes. Please. Thank you.
post #25052 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Yes. Please. Thank you.

Hey Pinky

Great new avatar. Tball has to be my favorite Bond movie of all time.
post #25053 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Hey Pinky

Great new avatar. Tball has to be my favorite Bond movie of all time.

Actually that is me dressed up to dispense my henchman to seek and destroy (or at least put a hole in the socks of) those who troll or are impolite on this thread.
post #25054 of 53460
So I went a bit overboard shopping for winter today..

423097_AE12_FF_23K?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

408721_A711_FF_SM9?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

421949_A512_FF_E83?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

404946_XK12_FF_IQ3?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471
14 wale cords. I sized up as they look quite slim

424161_AE12_FF_191?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471&id=9wsuh3

424161_AE12_FF_CHH?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

All from Lands End and all were on sale. Plus an extra 25% off the total order. Came to $179 or thereabouts.

Also got the following Longwings. I've heard quite a lot of good stuff about this company and for $79 I thought why not.

http://www.beckettsimonon.com/products/hugheslongwing3
post #25055 of 53460

4 sweaters is definitely not overboard. Unless you have 10 already!

 

Cotton + Lambswool should be perfect for a Melbourne winter. Are you going to wear these casually or for work?

 

Great snipes P. Bear.

post #25056 of 53460

Nice purchases Prof.

 

Meanwhile I had to scratch the  C&J's cuz my wife bought me some RMW's and I don' think it wise for me to pig out on some Cj's right now...so instead CHUKKAS!!!

 

Here is what I have got right now in terms of chukkas which I'm willing to buy:

 

Herring Gosforth II: * $230 ish (also in pebble and black calf)

Loake Kempton: $210 (pebble, black also)

Loake Plimco:  $190 at pedi/$250 at Herring

 

*According to Put This On the Gosforth is a rebranded Plimco.

 

Which would you buy?

I would like some opinions generally which you think looks the best and seeing as the Loake's are from the 1880 line they should be fairly decent.

If any of you guys have had any of these would you reccomend them and also do you think they would suit someone with a wide and slightly short feet.

Only chukkas I own are some Clarks Db's and they are pretty forgiving size wise; are these the same?

 

P.S.

 

Buying a bowtie from you right now Jas :)

post #25057 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Dunno about everyone else but I've had a great Sunday, taken it easy most of the morning, started building a new compost bin out of old pallets, mowed the lawn and now sitting out the back having a few Peroni's. Plus with the pub holiday tomorrow life is good.

I spent my day wandering around the Tyabb antiques market drooling over Art Deco homewares. Almost sprung for a pair of trumpet vases, but the colour wasn't quite right for us. Likewise almost pulled the trigger on some enamelled cufflinks and a half-bottle of vintage Guerlain EDT, but again chickened out. Afterwards had a great lunch at the Merricks General Store then drove down to Cape Schank for a stroll in the sun. Lovely.

BTW, the new freeway sucks.
post #25058 of 53460
Gents,
Currently getting scourged by yet another storm!
Oh woe is me!!!!!!!!!
BTW Great jumpers Prof.
post #25059 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Nice purchases Prof.

Meanwhile I had to scratch the  C&J's cuz my wife bought me some RMW's and I don' think it wise for me to pig out on some Cj's right now...so instead CHUKKAS!!!

Here is what I have got right now in terms of chukkas which I'm willing to buy:

Herring Gosforth II: * $230 ish (also in pebble and black calf)


Loake Kempton: $210 (pebble, black also)


Loake Plimco:  $190 at pedi/$250 at Herring



*According to Put This On the Gosforth is a rebranded Plimco.

Which would you buy?
I would like some opinions generally which you think looks the best and seeing as the Loake's are from the 1880 line they should be fairly decent.
If any of you guys have had any of these would you reccomend them and also do you think they would suit someone with a wide and slightly short feet.
Only chukkas I own are some Clarks Db's and they are pretty forgiving size wise; are these the same?

P.S.

Buying a bowtie from you right now Jas smile.gif

If you have wide feet, definitely go for the Kemptons.
post #25060 of 53460

Thanks was thinking that's what I should do after getting some last comparisons^

EDIT:

 

But the capital last seems to be wider at the waist (tightest part) than the 026; and the waist is where I usually need the space; anyone have enough experience to compare?

post #25061 of 53460
Mr Dreamer - I remember you got some Common Projects not too long ago. Where did you get them and do you think they are worth the money? Welcome the opinions of others too. (Really need to up my dressing casual for summer skills).
post #25062 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

So I went a bit overboard shopping for winter today.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
423097_AE12_FF_23K?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

408721_A711_FF_SM9?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

421949_A512_FF_E83?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

404946_XK12_FF_IQ3?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471
14 wale cords. I sized up as they look quite slim

424161_AE12_FF_191?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471&id=9wsuh3

424161_AE12_FF_CHH?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471

All from Lands End and all were on sale. Plus an extra 25% off the total order. Came to $179 or thereabouts.

This reminds me, I'm interested in finding out what people's preferences are for crew neck vs vee neck jumpers. And why?
post #25063 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


This reminds me, I'm interested in finding out what people's preferences are for crew neck vs vee neck jumpers. And why?

What are the rules for both? :D stirpot.gif

post #25064 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

4 sweaters is definitely not overboard. Unless you have 10 already!

Cotton + Lambswool should be perfect for a Melbourne winter. Are you going to wear these casually or for work?

Great snipes P. Bear.

Fair Isle sweaters will be for casual, others for work.

I don't have a preference for V neck or crew neck. I lean somewhat to crew neck as I want to achieve the following aesthetic;

bzxx4f6.jpg

oDj5pUf.jpg
post #25065 of 53460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Dunno about everyone else but I've had a great Sunday, taken it easy most of the morning, started building a new compost bin out of old pallets, mowed the lawn and now sitting out the back having a few Peroni's. Plus with the pub holiday tomorrow life is good.

 

Excellent Sunday here. Met some new people, baked a delicious cake, got some work done, saw a pretty girl for dinner. Relaxed a lot.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

So I went a bit overboard shopping for winter today..

 

My brother. Story of my life. I talked myself out of buying a SEH Kelly jumper today, a SNS Herning Cardigan and an Inis Meain. I did not manage to talk myself out of the Howard Yount Cardigan, however.

 

I'm also thinking of buying some mid-gray trousers (currently own almost exclusively navy!).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post


I spent my day wandering around the Tyabb antiques market drooling over Art Deco homewares. Almost sprung for a pair of trumpet vases, but the colour wasn't quite right for us. Likewise almost pulled the trigger on some enamelled cufflinks and a half-bottle of vintage Guerlain EDT, but again chickened out. Afterwards had a great lunch at the Merricks General Store then drove down to Cape Schank for a stroll in the sun. Lovely.

BTW, the new freeway sucks.

 

I didn't even know that was a thing (the antiques market). I should go next time I'm in town and it's on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


This reminds me, I'm interested in finding out what people's preferences are for crew neck vs vee neck jumpers. And why?

 

I think the V-neck is a lot more versatile (can be worn with a tie so that the tie's visible for example, but can also look quite modern with just a t-shirt). That being said, Prof B's picture is something I also think is excellent. For work-related dress I stay with v-necks and occasionally were a crew.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members