Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1660post #24886 of 654061/23/13 at 5:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24887 of 654061/23/13 at 1:05pmpost #24888 of 654061/23/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Here's some more knit pron for you from Put This Onpost #24889 of 654061/23/13 at 1:23pmpost #24890 of 654061/23/13 at 2:02pmpost #24891 of 654061/23/13 at 2:24pmpost #24892 of 654061/23/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by streetminimal
So something came in the mail today...
PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).
Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.
So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:
1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.
But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.
FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.
PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155
I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.
Very informative review, streetminimal. Given that the PJ shirt arrived via mail, I'm assuming this was bought from their online shop. Is that right?post #24893 of 654061/23/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by El QUaG
Might be best calling Footage in Darlinghurst to see if they stock.
I know Capsule Store stock Tanner Goods, who also make leather key fobs as well. Slightly different in design but still quite simple. Best to check with Capsule Store direct to see what is in stock.
I bought a Makr wallet online a year or so ago, and went through similar dramas trying to locate a local store with free shipping. At the time, I found Mr Mister but the business has since undergone a change in direction.Thanks for this.post #24894 of 654061/23/13 at 3:06pmpost #24895 of 654061/23/13 at 3:41pmpost #24896 of 654061/23/13 at 3:42pmpost #24897 of 654061/23/13 at 3:45pmpost #24898 of 654061/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24899 of 654061/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24900 of 654061/23/13 at 3:58pm
- Australian Members
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Currently, there are 1446 Active Users (296 Members and 1150 Guests)
- › NIB Gaziano & Girling Hove Vintage Rioja UK9E MH71 US9.5D with... 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 8 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth