Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1660post #24886 of 679461/23/13 at 5:27ampost #24887 of 679461/23/13 at 1:05pmpost #24888 of 679461/23/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Here's some more knit pron for you from Put This Onpost #24889 of 679461/23/13 at 1:23pmpost #24890 of 679461/23/13 at 2:02pmpost #24891 of 679461/23/13 at 2:24pmpost #24892 of 679461/23/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by streetminimal
So something came in the mail today...
PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).
Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.
So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:
1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.
But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.
FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.
PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155
I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.
Very informative review, streetminimal. Given that the PJ shirt arrived via mail, I'm assuming this was bought from their online shop. Is that right?post #24893 of 679461/23/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by El QUaG
Might be best calling Footage in Darlinghurst to see if they stock.
I know Capsule Store stock Tanner Goods, who also make leather key fobs as well. Slightly different in design but still quite simple. Best to check with Capsule Store direct to see what is in stock.
I bought a Makr wallet online a year or so ago, and went through similar dramas trying to locate a local store with free shipping. At the time, I found Mr Mister but the business has since undergone a change in direction.Thanks for this.post #24894 of 679461/23/13 at 3:06pmpost #24895 of 679461/23/13 at 3:41pmpost #24896 of 679461/23/13 at 3:42pmpost #24897 of 679461/23/13 at 3:45pmpost #24898 of 679461/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24899 of 679461/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24900 of 679461/23/13 at 3:58pmYep Large is right, I am 9uk too and wear the large. Not many mediums left in any case.
Tarang saw your email mate just havent had a chance to reply, but there you go. Will email you back about a coffee on sat tonight.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1716 Active Users (359 Members and 1357 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 57 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway