Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1660post #24886 of 634201/23/13 at 5:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24887 of 634201/23/13 at 1:05pmpost #24888 of 634201/23/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Here's some more knit pron for you from Put This Onpost #24889 of 634201/23/13 at 1:23pmpost #24890 of 634201/23/13 at 2:02pmpost #24891 of 634201/23/13 at 2:24pmpost #24892 of 634201/23/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by streetminimal
So something came in the mail today...
PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).
Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.
So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:
1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.
But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.
FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.
PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155
I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.
Very informative review, streetminimal. Given that the PJ shirt arrived via mail, I'm assuming this was bought from their online shop. Is that right?post #24893 of 634201/23/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by El QUaG
Might be best calling Footage in Darlinghurst to see if they stock.
I know Capsule Store stock Tanner Goods, who also make leather key fobs as well. Slightly different in design but still quite simple. Best to check with Capsule Store direct to see what is in stock.
I bought a Makr wallet online a year or so ago, and went through similar dramas trying to locate a local store with free shipping. At the time, I found Mr Mister but the business has since undergone a change in direction.Thanks for this.post #24894 of 634201/23/13 at 3:06pmpost #24895 of 634201/23/13 at 3:41pmpost #24896 of 634201/23/13 at 3:42pmpost #24897 of 634201/23/13 at 3:45pmpost #24898 of 634201/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24899 of 634201/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24900 of 634201/23/13 at 3:58pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1467 Active Users (347 Members and 1120 Guests)
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best shoes with jeans and dress shirt?? 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...