Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1660post #24886 of 664101/23/13 at 5:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24887 of 664101/23/13 at 1:05pmpost #24888 of 664101/23/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Here's some more knit pron for you from Put This Onpost #24889 of 664101/23/13 at 1:23pmpost #24890 of 664101/23/13 at 2:02pmpost #24891 of 664101/23/13 at 2:24pmpost #24892 of 664101/23/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by streetminimal
So something came in the mail today...
PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).
Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.
So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:
1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.
But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.
FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.
PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155
I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.
Very informative review, streetminimal. Given that the PJ shirt arrived via mail, I'm assuming this was bought from their online shop. Is that right?post #24893 of 664101/23/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by El QUaG
Might be best calling Footage in Darlinghurst to see if they stock.
I know Capsule Store stock Tanner Goods, who also make leather key fobs as well. Slightly different in design but still quite simple. Best to check with Capsule Store direct to see what is in stock.
I bought a Makr wallet online a year or so ago, and went through similar dramas trying to locate a local store with free shipping. At the time, I found Mr Mister but the business has since undergone a change in direction.Thanks for this.post #24894 of 664101/23/13 at 3:06pmpost #24895 of 664101/23/13 at 3:41pmpost #24896 of 664101/23/13 at 3:42pmpost #24897 of 664101/23/13 at 3:45pmpost #24898 of 664101/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24899 of 664101/23/13 at 3:54pmpost #24900 of 664101/23/13 at 3:58pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Currently, there are 1371 Active Users (353 Members and 1018 Guests)
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 10 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories