is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1652post #24766 of 588581/21/13 at 4:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24767 of 588581/21/13 at 4:15pmpost #24768 of 588581/21/13 at 4:33pm
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.post #24769 of 588581/21/13 at 4:34pmpost #24770 of 588581/21/13 at 5:02pm
God, RMW online presence + customer service is poor.
I've been trying to get one of their little '6 steps to boot care' brochures they were giving out before Christmas (only found out about them when the site updated). None of the staff in my local outlet had a clue when they were coming in, and customer service gave me an 'um, I don't know'
It's like they don't want my business, or at least don't want it now that I've blown $1K on their shoes.post #24771 of 588581/21/13 at 5:03pmQuote:
I have both, but have not worn them enough to distinguish/ compare properly. Plus I don't really notice intricacies between lasts etc (inexperience mainly, and they all seem to feel good).
That being said, the capital last and the 026 last sizing is the same, and they both feel great/ similar on the foot.
I did wear my Campden chukkas for the first time yesterday, and they have beat up my feet pretty well (nice blisters on each pinky and missing a layer of skin on achilles where boot ends).
But I did walk 4 kms+.
I have also been very impressed with Cheaneys 11028 last (my Herring Baldwins). Which feel similar/ better than the 1880's. Id get the Herring chelsea ('Wilson') in 11028 last in a second if the colours suited me...post #24772 of 588581/21/13 at 5:11pmpost #24773 of 588581/21/13 at 5:23pmpost #24774 of 588581/21/13 at 5:32pmpost #24775 of 588581/21/13 at 5:36pmpost #24776 of 588581/21/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Cheers Jason, just what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have a similar comparison for the forest last?post #24777 of 588581/21/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....post #24778 of 588581/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by streetminimal
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....
I have a few issues. Some are fit-wise and others are personal preference (e.g. I would like a wider lapel), but at ~ $500 for the suit, I can't complain as it's a reasonably good RTW fit. I will be visiting PJohnson in timepost #24779 of 588581/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.post #24780 of 588581/21/13 at 6:12pmHi Guys, bout to get started this week in placing a few items for sale on here - but just gauge the interest, any one like:
- pair of Allen Edmond Walnut Strands (size 9) including matching belt - two months old, purchased while in Orlando. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1
- Pair of Crockett & Jones Shoe Trees
- 4 Shirts & Pants - P Johnson - am a size small standard size.
- One Shirt from "the cloakroom"
Hopefully i can get pictures out to you asap, and happy for you to try on before purchasing - be it if you can make it out to Sydney City on my lunchbreak.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Balenciaga Arena Sneakers White and Black 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays