is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1652post #24766 of 679461/21/13 at 4:15pmpost #24767 of 679461/21/13 at 4:15pmOh, you're lucky man. Capital last doesn't fit me - I remember trying on an 8.5 and it fit well everywhere except the heel was very wide on me. That said, I think some of Beggar Man Thief's stock is offered in wide fittings, and so I may not have actually tried on an 'F' fitting.post #24768 of 679461/21/13 at 4:33pm
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.post #24769 of 679461/21/13 at 4:34pmpost #24770 of 679461/21/13 at 5:02pm
God, RMW online presence + customer service is poor.
I've been trying to get one of their little '6 steps to boot care' brochures they were giving out before Christmas (only found out about them when the site updated). None of the staff in my local outlet had a clue when they were coming in, and customer service gave me an 'um, I don't know'
It's like they don't want my business, or at least don't want it now that I've blown $1K on their shoes.post #24771 of 679461/21/13 at 5:03pmQuote:
I have both, but have not worn them enough to distinguish/ compare properly. Plus I don't really notice intricacies between lasts etc (inexperience mainly, and they all seem to feel good).
That being said, the capital last and the 026 last sizing is the same, and they both feel great/ similar on the foot.
I did wear my Campden chukkas for the first time yesterday, and they have beat up my feet pretty well (nice blisters on each pinky and missing a layer of skin on achilles where boot ends).
But I did walk 4 kms+.
I have also been very impressed with Cheaneys 11028 last (my Herring Baldwins). Which feel similar/ better than the 1880's. Id get the Herring chelsea ('Wilson') in 11028 last in a second if the colours suited me...post #24772 of 679461/21/13 at 5:11pmpost #24773 of 679461/21/13 at 5:23pm
On the subject of the capital last, does anyone know how it fits in comparison to the common Carmina lasts (Forest, rain, simpson). I know this is a pretty difficult question to answer, it's just that I'm looking at Carminas and living in Sydney I have no way of accurately gauging size.post #24774 of 679461/21/13 at 5:32pmI've got capital, robert and simpson. Capital fits bigger overall and wider than both. My capitals are 8.5uk and carmina both 9UK. Simpson is slimmest then robert in the middle. Robert fits me best.post #24775 of 679461/21/13 at 5:36pmI have shoes on the capital last and the Simpson and they are very different. Simpson is very tight in the toe box and vamp areas. To be honest its not really valid to compare the two. I can't talk about the other carmina lasts. HTH.post #24776 of 679461/21/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Cheers Jason, just what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have a similar comparison for the forest last?post #24777 of 679461/21/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....post #24778 of 679461/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by streetminimal
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....
I have a few issues. Some are fit-wise and others are personal preference (e.g. I would like a wider lapel), but at ~ $500 for the suit, I can't complain as it's a reasonably good RTW fit. I will be visiting PJohnson in timepost #24779 of 679461/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.post #24780 of 679461/21/13 at 6:12pmHi Guys, bout to get started this week in placing a few items for sale on here - but just gauge the interest, any one like:
- pair of Allen Edmond Walnut Strands (size 9) including matching belt - two months old, purchased while in Orlando. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1
- Pair of Crockett & Jones Shoe Trees
- 4 Shirts & Pants - P Johnson - am a size small standard size.
- One Shirt from "the cloakroom"
Hopefully i can get pictures out to you asap, and happy for you to try on before purchasing - be it if you can make it out to Sydney City on my lunchbreak.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding