is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1652post #24766 of 679221/21/13 at 4:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24767 of 679221/21/13 at 4:15pmpost #24768 of 679221/21/13 at 4:33pm
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.post #24769 of 679221/21/13 at 4:34pmpost #24770 of 679221/21/13 at 5:02pm
God, RMW online presence + customer service is poor.
I've been trying to get one of their little '6 steps to boot care' brochures they were giving out before Christmas (only found out about them when the site updated). None of the staff in my local outlet had a clue when they were coming in, and customer service gave me an 'um, I don't know'
It's like they don't want my business, or at least don't want it now that I've blown $1K on their shoes.post #24771 of 679221/21/13 at 5:03pmQuote:
I have both, but have not worn them enough to distinguish/ compare properly. Plus I don't really notice intricacies between lasts etc (inexperience mainly, and they all seem to feel good).
That being said, the capital last and the 026 last sizing is the same, and they both feel great/ similar on the foot.
I did wear my Campden chukkas for the first time yesterday, and they have beat up my feet pretty well (nice blisters on each pinky and missing a layer of skin on achilles where boot ends).
But I did walk 4 kms+.
I have also been very impressed with Cheaneys 11028 last (my Herring Baldwins). Which feel similar/ better than the 1880's. Id get the Herring chelsea ('Wilson') in 11028 last in a second if the colours suited me...post #24772 of 679221/21/13 at 5:11pmpost #24773 of 679221/21/13 at 5:23pmpost #24774 of 679221/21/13 at 5:32pmpost #24775 of 679221/21/13 at 5:36pmpost #24776 of 679221/21/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Cheers Jason, just what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have a similar comparison for the forest last?post #24777 of 679221/21/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....post #24778 of 679221/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by streetminimal
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....
I have a few issues. Some are fit-wise and others are personal preference (e.g. I would like a wider lapel), but at ~ $500 for the suit, I can't complain as it's a reasonably good RTW fit. I will be visiting PJohnson in timepost #24779 of 679221/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.post #24780 of 679221/21/13 at 6:12pmHi Guys, bout to get started this week in placing a few items for sale on here - but just gauge the interest, any one like:
- pair of Allen Edmond Walnut Strands (size 9) including matching belt - two months old, purchased while in Orlando. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1
- Pair of Crockett & Jones Shoe Trees
- 4 Shirts & Pants - P Johnson - am a size small standard size.
- One Shirt from "the cloakroom"
Hopefully i can get pictures out to you asap, and happy for you to try on before purchasing - be it if you can make it out to Sydney City on my lunchbreak.
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...