is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1652post #24766 of 621361/21/13 at 4:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24767 of 621361/21/13 at 4:15pmpost #24768 of 621361/21/13 at 4:33pm
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.post #24769 of 621361/21/13 at 4:34pmpost #24770 of 621361/21/13 at 5:02pm
God, RMW online presence + customer service is poor.
I've been trying to get one of their little '6 steps to boot care' brochures they were giving out before Christmas (only found out about them when the site updated). None of the staff in my local outlet had a clue when they were coming in, and customer service gave me an 'um, I don't know'
It's like they don't want my business, or at least don't want it now that I've blown $1K on their shoes.post #24771 of 621361/21/13 at 5:03pmQuote:
I have both, but have not worn them enough to distinguish/ compare properly. Plus I don't really notice intricacies between lasts etc (inexperience mainly, and they all seem to feel good).
That being said, the capital last and the 026 last sizing is the same, and they both feel great/ similar on the foot.
I did wear my Campden chukkas for the first time yesterday, and they have beat up my feet pretty well (nice blisters on each pinky and missing a layer of skin on achilles where boot ends).
But I did walk 4 kms+.
I have also been very impressed with Cheaneys 11028 last (my Herring Baldwins). Which feel similar/ better than the 1880's. Id get the Herring chelsea ('Wilson') in 11028 last in a second if the colours suited me...post #24772 of 621361/21/13 at 5:11pmpost #24773 of 621361/21/13 at 5:23pmpost #24774 of 621361/21/13 at 5:32pmpost #24775 of 621361/21/13 at 5:36pmpost #24776 of 621361/21/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Cheers Jason, just what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have a similar comparison for the forest last?post #24777 of 621361/21/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....post #24778 of 621361/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by streetminimal
Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....
I have a few issues. Some are fit-wise and others are personal preference (e.g. I would like a wider lapel), but at ~ $500 for the suit, I can't complain as it's a reasonably good RTW fit. I will be visiting PJohnson in timepost #24779 of 621361/21/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.post #24780 of 621361/21/13 at 6:12pmHi Guys, bout to get started this week in placing a few items for sale on here - but just gauge the interest, any one like:
- pair of Allen Edmond Walnut Strands (size 9) including matching belt - two months old, purchased while in Orlando. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1
- Pair of Crockett & Jones Shoe Trees
- 4 Shirts & Pants - P Johnson - am a size small standard size.
- One Shirt from "the cloakroom"
Hopefully i can get pictures out to you asap, and happy for you to try on before purchasing - be it if you can make it out to Sydney City on my lunchbreak.
- Australian Members
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › hm 3 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 49 seconds ago
- › Magnanni Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › OK OK 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan