In other news, I'm heading to MJ Bale all of a sudden.. LOL
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1648post #24706 of 679461/20/13 at 9:40pmpost #24707 of 679461/20/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
A bitter life lesson last weekend.
A while ago I bought a pair of black C&J handgrades on eBay. They have been uncomfortable, so I put in a new insole, thinking the old one was worn out.
That made them easier to walk in, but my heel was lifted too high now. I took them to my cobbler. He gave me the bad news: the shoes had been water-damaged to the extent that the layer between the insole and the sole had been warped. The person who had replaced the sole had butchered it, and they are now non-repairable. He said the vendor must have known this, but it's too late to do anything about it.
His advice was never buy a second-hand goodyear welted shoe if it's been resoled. Lesson learned, although I perhaps should have already known that.
BTW, Frank is a very good guy - the best cobbler I've come across. He is in the Mt Waverley village, and really enjoys working with high end shoes. (He's a Church's fan). From my layman's perspective, he seems to really know his stuff, and his prices are good.
PS. Does anyone know if the cost of getting C&J to recondition these would be worth it? Given shipping, I suspect not.
If you ask hoo-man nicely when he pops in, I'm sure he can tell you better than anyone what can be fixed or can't be fixed and why it cant be fixed.post #24708 of 679461/20/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Quote:
lol. Any chance of any pics gents ? will save me a trip to melb.....
Or maybe just Google search names for face book images (;
Now that’s creepy….post #24709 of 679461/20/13 at 9:59pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Nice, I had a look at that one - light blue in herringbone pattern? Good thing the block fits you - damn my short torso and long arms.
btw, re: sales rep, one favourite radiohead song comes to mind, and I'm listening to it right now.
Well done to all of us, and special mention to lennier (*edit and the sydney award unquestionably goes to md2010), lol.
TBM gets two thumbs up for effort. Hope this doesn't put said sales rep off menswear for life...post #24710 of 679461/20/13 at 10:17pmpost #24711 of 679461/20/13 at 10:18pmpost #24712 of 679461/20/13 at 10:20pm
Man Australia Post is the pits, it really is.
Delivery from HerringShoes via DHL Express (usually outstanding service), however this time they outsource to AusPost for the last leg of delivery for some reason. Anyway, driver comes at 11.47am whilst I was home waiting 3 meters from the door but just drops card in mailbox and drives off. Card turns out to be most illegible, confusing 'left card' ever, with two different post offices written on it from which to collect the parcel from.
I go to both, wasting 2 hours of my time, only to be told that the driver is running an hour late (thereby invalidating the pick up time written on the card). Eventually I call DHL, they inform me parcel has arrived at the last post office I visited 2 minutes after I left. I'm instructed to ask for an 'eParcel' and not DHL (which is written in the 'barcode' section of the 'left card').
To be honest, this would have all been perfectly fine, but the attitude and abysmal customer service from the AusPost employees just put the icing on the nightmarish cake. I think I'll be writing to the regional manager for AP, it was *seriously* appalling.
Edit: Anyone know how to deal with tremendous rudeness from customer reps? I'm a bit scared of saying anything because my post might get mysteriously 'lost'.post #24713 of 679461/20/13 at 10:35pmpost #24714 of 679461/20/13 at 10:36pmI've had those cards left three days after the Aus Post tracking says delivery was attempted... Of course it never was; most likely scenario was that the posty couldn't be arsed driving out to my delivery address on a Friday afternoon (POETS Society Member), but told HQ that he's left a card so that's what it says on the tracking... then he actually does leave a card on the following Monday after leaving the actual parcel at the third or fourth closest post office to me.
This is not to mention the countless times I've picked up parcels for the neighbours that have just been dumped on the street or on top of their letterbox... Sadly the neighbour is into ordering quad bike parts O/L not English shoes, otherwise he might be making a few calls to Aus Post himself ;-)post #24715 of 679461/20/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Quote:
Ive had both and Ginger and Spice is better but obviously its a restaurant rather than a food court
Another good place for sing/malay food is Malacca Straits near broadwaypost #24716 of 679461/20/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Aust Post has customer reps? I always thought that hotline was just a sick joke, and the chance of a person actually answering your call was about as likely as seeing the Tooth Fairy flying down Pitt Street.
Everyone knows he hangs around Oxford St.post #24717 of 679461/20/13 at 10:56pmpost #24718 of 679461/20/13 at 11:06pmpost #24719 of 679461/20/13 at 11:21pmpost #24720 of 679461/20/13 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas D C
Man Australia Post is the pits, it really is.
Delivery from HerringShoes.....
.... I think I'll be writing to the regional manager for AP, it was *seriously* appalling.
Edit: Anyone know how to deal with tremendous rudeness from customer reps? I'm a bit scared of saying anything because my post might get mysteriously 'lost'.
Wait wait wait. What shoes did you get though? ;)
DHL have done this to me once or twice, I think due to a large weekend influx they'll dish off to AP or a courier.
I have had issues with the postie to my apartment building. Either parcels left without signature or carded without delivery attempt.
I think I put the complaint over the phone and they appeared to take it seriously. Few weeks later the courier was clearly sorted out.
Im pretty sure however that it was anonymous (to the courier), unsure how a complaint about rep and courier would sit...
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › Are dress shoes designed to be worn with insoles? 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Leffot Venetian Ivy Navy Shell Cordovan Loafer 9.5 11 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 12 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...