In other news, I'm heading to MJ Bale all of a sudden.. LOL
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1648post #24706 of 622791/20/13 at 9:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24707 of 622791/20/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
A bitter life lesson last weekend.
A while ago I bought a pair of black C&J handgrades on eBay. They have been uncomfortable, so I put in a new insole, thinking the old one was worn out.
That made them easier to walk in, but my heel was lifted too high now. I took them to my cobbler. He gave me the bad news: the shoes had been water-damaged to the extent that the layer between the insole and the sole had been warped. The person who had replaced the sole had butchered it, and they are now non-repairable. He said the vendor must have known this, but it's too late to do anything about it.
His advice was never buy a second-hand goodyear welted shoe if it's been resoled. Lesson learned, although I perhaps should have already known that.
BTW, Frank is a very good guy - the best cobbler I've come across. He is in the Mt Waverley village, and really enjoys working with high end shoes. (He's a Church's fan). From my layman's perspective, he seems to really know his stuff, and his prices are good.
PS. Does anyone know if the cost of getting C&J to recondition these would be worth it? Given shipping, I suspect not.
If you ask hoo-man nicely when he pops in, I'm sure he can tell you better than anyone what can be fixed or can't be fixed and why it cant be fixed.post #24708 of 622791/20/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Quote:
lol. Any chance of any pics gents ? will save me a trip to melb.....
Or maybe just Google search names for face book images (;
Now that’s creepy….post #24709 of 622791/20/13 at 9:59pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Nice, I had a look at that one - light blue in herringbone pattern? Good thing the block fits you - damn my short torso and long arms.
btw, re: sales rep, one favourite radiohead song comes to mind, and I'm listening to it right now.
Well done to all of us, and special mention to lennier (*edit and the sydney award unquestionably goes to md2010), lol.
TBM gets two thumbs up for effort. Hope this doesn't put said sales rep off menswear for life...post #24710 of 622791/20/13 at 10:17pmpost #24711 of 622791/20/13 at 10:18pmpost #24712 of 622791/20/13 at 10:20pm
Man Australia Post is the pits, it really is.
Delivery from HerringShoes via DHL Express (usually outstanding service), however this time they outsource to AusPost for the last leg of delivery for some reason. Anyway, driver comes at 11.47am whilst I was home waiting 3 meters from the door but just drops card in mailbox and drives off. Card turns out to be most illegible, confusing 'left card' ever, with two different post offices written on it from which to collect the parcel from.
I go to both, wasting 2 hours of my time, only to be told that the driver is running an hour late (thereby invalidating the pick up time written on the card). Eventually I call DHL, they inform me parcel has arrived at the last post office I visited 2 minutes after I left. I'm instructed to ask for an 'eParcel' and not DHL (which is written in the 'barcode' section of the 'left card').
To be honest, this would have all been perfectly fine, but the attitude and abysmal customer service from the AusPost employees just put the icing on the nightmarish cake. I think I'll be writing to the regional manager for AP, it was *seriously* appalling.
Edit: Anyone know how to deal with tremendous rudeness from customer reps? I'm a bit scared of saying anything because my post might get mysteriously 'lost'.post #24713 of 622791/20/13 at 10:35pmQuote:Best Hinan chicken I had at Jimmy's. If you are in SYD CBD try them .
Jimmy's Recipe Malaysia Address
The Galeries Victoria
Ground Floor, Shop RC16, 500 George St
Sydney NSW 2000post #24714 of 622791/20/13 at 10:36pmI've had those cards left three days after the Aus Post tracking says delivery was attempted... Of course it never was; most likely scenario was that the posty couldn't be arsed driving out to my delivery address on a Friday afternoon (POETS Society Member), but told HQ that he's left a card so that's what it says on the tracking... then he actually does leave a card on the following Monday after leaving the actual parcel at the third or fourth closest post office to me.
This is not to mention the countless times I've picked up parcels for the neighbours that have just been dumped on the street or on top of their letterbox... Sadly the neighbour is into ordering quad bike parts O/L not English shoes, otherwise he might be making a few calls to Aus Post himself ;-)post #24715 of 622791/20/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Quote:
Ive had both and Ginger and Spice is better but obviously its a restaurant rather than a food court
Another good place for sing/malay food is Malacca Straits near broadwaypost #24716 of 622791/20/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Aust Post has customer reps? I always thought that hotline was just a sick joke, and the chance of a person actually answering your call was about as likely as seeing the Tooth Fairy flying down Pitt Street.
Everyone knows he hangs around Oxford St.post #24717 of 622791/20/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Just remembered: Singapore Shiok in Chinatown serves very good roasted chicken rice.post #24718 of 622791/20/13 at 11:06pmpost #24719 of 622791/20/13 at 11:21pmpost #24720 of 622791/20/13 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas D C
Man Australia Post is the pits, it really is.
Delivery from HerringShoes.....
.... I think I'll be writing to the regional manager for AP, it was *seriously* appalling.
Edit: Anyone know how to deal with tremendous rudeness from customer reps? I'm a bit scared of saying anything because my post might get mysteriously 'lost'.
Wait wait wait. What shoes did you get though? ;)
DHL have done this to me once or twice, I think due to a large weekend influx they'll dish off to AP or a courier.
I have had issues with the postie to my apartment building. Either parcels left without signature or carded without delivery attempt.
I think I put the complaint over the phone and they appeared to take it seriously. Few weeks later the courier was clearly sorted out.
Im pretty sure however that it was anonymous (to the courier), unsure how a complaint about rep and courier would sit...
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 19 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 20 minutes ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › Best denim out there at the moment? 29 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 37 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan