or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1647

post #24691 of 48734
I must have just missed you, streetminimal. Popped in to have a look early arvo. The RTW has a great shoulder, but sadly jacket length is too long for me. Plus the sales rep distracted me a bit too much lol.

TBM, I assume they have no 6's? I just found out my CJ size after popping over to h'bone today. The curse of the wide, flat, Asian foot...
post #24692 of 48734
Sales rep distracted you? I don't follow.

Not sure about 6s, iSurg. I usually wear a 9UK or thereabouts and the styles I was looking at were sold out in that size. Oh well.
post #24693 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

True but the question is, where do you get the best version of this dish?

Singapore is exceptional for chicken rice but you can ask 10 people for recommendations and get 10 completely different answers. I suspect it might be the same over here smile.gif

I'm from Singapore.

My vote: Ginger and Spice on Military Road, Neutral Bay; Tetsuya himself is a regular customer.
post #24694 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

I must have just missed you, streetminimal. Popped in to have a look early arvo. The RTW has a great shoulder, but sadly jacket length is too long for me. Plus the sales rep distracted me a bit too much lol.

TBM, I assume they have no 6's? I just found out my CJ size after popping over to h'bone today. The curse of the wide, flat, Asian foot...

Yeah I don't think they offer any cuts in a short either. We are probably similar in dimensions, though I'd wager you'd be slimmer than me!

 

UK6 is an impossibility to find in Australia. I know exactly how you feel! If Double Monk stock them that'd be amazing. 

post #24695 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Sales rep distracted you? I don't follow.

I was chatting to the distracting one on Friday when I picked up my suits. I thought she only worked Fridays but I may well not have been paying as much attention to what she was saying as I ought to have been...
post #24696 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Sales rep distracted you? I don't follow.

Not sure about 6s, iSurg. I usually wear a 9UK or thereabouts and the styles I was looking at were sold out in that size. Oh well.

Thanks, TBM. I might pop by tomorrow. MJ bale had a newbie lady sales rep - that is all.

Lennier - you get me, thank you. Lol. What did u pick up? I'm guessing linens and cottons?

PapaRubbery - I heard through the grape vine today that they may order 6UK in this year... I will confirm tomorrow, hopefully.
post #24697 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

True but the question is, where do you get the best version of this dish?

More experimentation required.
post #24698 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post


I'm from Singapore.

My vote: Ginger and Spice on Military Road, Neutral Bay; Tetsuya himself is a regular customer.

+1 .. walking distance from me 

post #24699 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

CD, hope you can find a good solution for your shoes. Shame the seller may well have known he was selling you product that's so badly damaged. On the positive side, at least you haven't encountered a sartorial related injury (SRI) from wearing damaged goods.

On shoes, I popped into Double Monk yesterday. All the C&Js I was interested in weren't available in my size so I didn't buy anything. Lovely fitout, though.

 

So im trying to gauge pricing - someone help me fill the blanks? :)

 

bench grade = $485

 

Hand grade = $585

 

EG = ??? 

 

JL = ???

 

GC = ???

post #24700 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Plus the sales rep distracted me a bit too much lol.

HAHA yeah I know which one you're talking about.
post #24701 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

So im trying to gauge pricing - someone help me fill the blanks? smile.gif

bench grade = $485

Hand grade = $585

EG = 1200

JL = 1200-1400ish

GC = ???
post #24702 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Thanks, TBM. I might pop by tomorrow. MJ bale had anewbie lady sales rep - that is all.

.
New bird ? Asian/aus ??
lol
post #24703 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Thanks, TBM. I might pop by tomorrow. MJ bale had anewbie lady sales rep - that is all.

.
New bird ? Asian/aus ??
lol

She's a young uni student on work experience, tall and blonde (and seems like a lovely country girl). @iSurg, grabbed a couple of their classic suits on sale to replace a couple of other OTR suits that don't really fit me, plus a very nice wool/silk/linen light blue unstructured jacket.
post #24704 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post

HAHA yeah I know which one you're talking about.

Man, I gotta see this girl...

PS - Someone let blahman know eh?
post #24705 of 48734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

I'm from Singapore.

My vote: Ginger and Spice on Military Road, Neutral Bay; Tetsuya himself is a regular customer.

Bet you have been to Lau Pa Sat? - went here for first time last year, i didnt want to leave.

Decent Singaporean/Malaysian food here too http://www.streetfood.com.au/2011/01/sinma-laksa-house-singapore-malaysian.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members