No minimum amount required. Charles will have no issues with measuring up for you. No booking required either, so just roll on through.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1632
Styleforum Top Picks
most investment bank guys look the same. OTR dark suit plain or with chalk stripes, white or blue shirt with french cuffs. If you are in equities its no tie, IB is tie. No PS - ever but occasional banker cuff/collar. Any deviation from this gets the "alpha males" aka neanderthals worked up
For equities, I only wear a tie when I have an external meeting. However, we did have a guy who used to wear a tie everyday to work, but he was more the exception than the rule.
I hear that in IBs if you wear a banker collar you get the feedback "Who the f*k do you think you are, Gordon Gekko?!"
Haha that's funny, but us young guys in the office make it a weekly thing. We have "BSD Fridays" or "Gordon Gekko Wednesdays" where we all put on the bankers shirt and even had one colleague wear a pair of red suspenders:
Investment banking sounds like a barrel of laughs! (Joking, joking!)
Anyway, here's yesterday's outfit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- MTO grey, sharkskin suit by Deer Style Brisbane;
- MTO blue, gingham check shirt by Deer Style Brisbane;
- White silk/cotton pocket square with blue borders by Herringbone Sydney;
- Brown neat silk print tie by Drake's;
- Chestnut C&J Audleys.
*Note: I am wearing blue-and-white-striped Albert Thurston braces under the jacket.
Can't help in regard to temp work, but if you're interested in meeting some Brisbane people, I'll let you know when we're next catching up for coffee or lunch and you can come along, if you would like.
I was thinking of getting a new secretary, but given your restriction it probably won't work out
Edited by deingesicht - 1/16/13 at 7:40pm
Potentially - I've been caught up with a zillion things and no net access (which i didn't anticipate). I have something at 6pm, so I might only be around at the start (if we met at 5pm, for example) or later (if you guys met at 7).
It was suggested that some drinks on Spring Street might work, and I certainly think that'd be easily done.
What do you guys think?
Mind also blown, Rob. Eagerly awaiting your announcement.
For Melb guys, it seems Gerry and TBM may show up if there is a meetup. Matt is double booked but may drop by. I'm pretty keen. Should we hash out the details? Realistically, I can only get out of work at 6. Siglo/supper club if no other suggestions? There is another drinks place next to gin palace which is quite good, as another option...
Since nobody seems to be hashing out anything, let's go with Melbourne Supper Club from 5pm onwards.
The address is Level 1/161 Spring St.
I suspect that the Loake would be perfectly fine, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it's from the 1880 line and the quality is, in my experience, actually quite reasonable.
Secondly, the part of the vamp that gets the most wear is made from suede and, given that suede doesn't crease as visibly as calf leather, the quality of the leather used isn't as important as it might otherwise be.
If you have a look around, you might be able to find some other makers. I have a pair of very similar shoes that were made by Alfred Sargent for Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers - there are a couple of photos here and here. However, they're not part of BB's current line up and I don't know if AS is offering them under their own name at present, either.
A quick internet search reveals that Barker Black (a separate firm from Barker, I believe) makes a similar model, which no doubt costs a bundle - see here.
Also, Skoaktiebolaget's (a shoe store in Sweden) website shows that they expect a Carmina spectator to arrive in March, but they have no further details.
Thanks for the reply. I love the Barker Black, but not at that price. I noticed that a couple have sold on the B&S forum, so I might just keep my eye out.
Is there any place in Melbourne where I can try on Barkers?
- Australian Members
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 5 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 36 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Are these Common Projects versatile enough? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 2 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 3 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw