took a look - leather looks stiff and shiny - you bought one and happy with quality? Im not too concerned about price, im more about quality .. just looking for the "perfect" briefcase that I have conceived in my wacky mind lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1627post #24391 of 586621/15/13 at 1:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24392 of 586621/15/13 at 3:06ampost #24393 of 586621/15/13 at 3:06amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
He did do some Talking Heads tunes, and some of his solo material.. Annie Clark did some St Vincent songs and of course they played the songs off Love this Giant. The brass backing band was sensational, and the choreography was a hoot.
I'm not familiar with that album, but here's a link to the set list, which I think is pretty close to what we got. If you prefer to be surprised, don't click it.
I've just finished his book How Music Works - highly recommended if you are a muso or music nerd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVuDI__3SYpost #24394 of 586621/15/13 at 3:10ampost #24395 of 586621/15/13 at 3:31ampost #24396 of 586621/15/13 at 3:51am
Sorry for the four letter words, I was in a hurry lol.
I have seen them in person, and yes they are waxed to a shine, but I certainly believe they are veg tanned and they aren't corrected grain if that's what you were thinking. Vince Maloney carry their bags if you want to have a look. They are a member of the http://www.pellealvegetale.it/ consortium for traditional Italian leather. While the site says they are full grain, they are not the thickest leather, definitely not bridle. I contacted them for more images of a particular model and they sent me some. I would have purchased it if I didn't have other priorities atm. While some models appear better quality than others, I wouldn't be too concerned about the low price as I've had relatives pick up ladies wallets for not much money in Florence with leather and construction that easily rivalled (or exceeded) bags like Prada.
If you want a bespoke bag you could contact Tanner Bates.
Let me know how you go, I'm definitely after something similar to you.post #24397 of 586621/15/13 at 4:06ampost #24398 of 586621/15/13 at 4:19ampost #24399 of 586621/15/13 at 4:33amQuote:
I use one of those cheap billygoatdesign sachels. No RMW saddler's briefcase for me :(post #24400 of 586621/15/13 at 5:07ampost #24401 of 586621/15/13 at 5:25amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
I note RMW have finally got themselves a proper website, but things still take painfully long to load. A look at their financial statements from last year showed a rather dismal approx $1m profit on $100m sales. Hopefully a better online presence helps them going forward.
Their online presence is disgusting, their facebook has all the life of a wet dog.
Only 2 more weeks until the greatest fight in Australian history. I hope we're all supporting Mundine!post #24402 of 586621/15/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I can highly recommend the light blue Thomas Mason twill bologna stripe which seems to be a bit of a P Johnson house style for shirts.
See here for photographs -
I got one in my first batch of commissions and it is very vertasile (works well for business and casual). It is definitely the shirt I wear most and find easiest to match. The stripe is thin enough so it can appear almost solid blue but is quite interesting close up. I think you will like it. Saying that Tom and Matt will take you through the options and give some good recommendations.
I am sure quite a few things will catch your eye...post #24403 of 586621/15/13 at 1:53pmpost #24404 of 586621/15/13 at 1:57pm
Saw 'Gangster Squad' yesterday, and was loving the suits/ general fashion. The gangsters, cops and everyone in between were superbly dressed (1940's).
The hats/ style stood out and especially appealed to me: the 'fedora' or 'borsalino' ...couldn't get away with these nowadays, might try to bring 'em back
....movie was enjoyable. Storyline nothing special, but lots of great actors who were pretty good, good popcorn flick, made 10x better with the wardrobe (man, I have changed)post #24405 of 586621/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Pinky! I've been wondering where you got to?
Today's fit.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork pale blue un-lined collar
Tie: Henry Carter printed silk un-tipped 7 fold
Shoes: Herring reading
You love your Herringbone suits and why wouldn't you looks like they fit / suit you to a tee!
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 50 seconds ago
- › NIB New Balance 996 Connoisseur Painters Grey Burgundy Sz 9 M996GK 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Driving shoes (opinions) 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays