took a look - leather looks stiff and shiny - you bought one and happy with quality? Im not too concerned about price, im more about quality .. just looking for the "perfect" briefcase that I have conceived in my wacky mind lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1627post #24391 of 653841/15/13 at 1:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24392 of 653841/15/13 at 3:06ampost #24393 of 653841/15/13 at 3:06amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
He did do some Talking Heads tunes, and some of his solo material.. Annie Clark did some St Vincent songs and of course they played the songs off Love this Giant. The brass backing band was sensational, and the choreography was a hoot.
I'm not familiar with that album, but here's a link to the set list, which I think is pretty close to what we got. If you prefer to be surprised, don't click it.
I've just finished his book How Music Works - highly recommended if you are a muso or music nerd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVuDI__3SYpost #24394 of 653841/15/13 at 3:10ampost #24395 of 653841/15/13 at 3:31ampost #24396 of 653841/15/13 at 3:51am
Sorry for the four letter words, I was in a hurry lol.
I have seen them in person, and yes they are waxed to a shine, but I certainly believe they are veg tanned and they aren't corrected grain if that's what you were thinking. Vince Maloney carry their bags if you want to have a look. They are a member of the http://www.pellealvegetale.it/ consortium for traditional Italian leather. While the site says they are full grain, they are not the thickest leather, definitely not bridle. I contacted them for more images of a particular model and they sent me some. I would have purchased it if I didn't have other priorities atm. While some models appear better quality than others, I wouldn't be too concerned about the low price as I've had relatives pick up ladies wallets for not much money in Florence with leather and construction that easily rivalled (or exceeded) bags like Prada.
If you want a bespoke bag you could contact Tanner Bates.
Let me know how you go, I'm definitely after something similar to you.post #24397 of 653841/15/13 at 4:06ampost #24398 of 653841/15/13 at 4:19ampost #24399 of 653841/15/13 at 4:33amQuote:
I use one of those cheap billygoatdesign sachels. No RMW saddler's briefcase for me :(post #24400 of 653841/15/13 at 5:07ampost #24401 of 653841/15/13 at 5:25amQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
I note RMW have finally got themselves a proper website, but things still take painfully long to load. A look at their financial statements from last year showed a rather dismal approx $1m profit on $100m sales. Hopefully a better online presence helps them going forward.
Their online presence is disgusting, their facebook has all the life of a wet dog.
Only 2 more weeks until the greatest fight in Australian history. I hope we're all supporting Mundine!post #24402 of 653841/15/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I can highly recommend the light blue Thomas Mason twill bologna stripe which seems to be a bit of a P Johnson house style for shirts.
See here for photographs -
I got one in my first batch of commissions and it is very vertasile (works well for business and casual). It is definitely the shirt I wear most and find easiest to match. The stripe is thin enough so it can appear almost solid blue but is quite interesting close up. I think you will like it. Saying that Tom and Matt will take you through the options and give some good recommendations.
I am sure quite a few things will catch your eye...post #24403 of 653841/15/13 at 1:53pmpost #24404 of 653841/15/13 at 1:57pm
Saw 'Gangster Squad' yesterday, and was loving the suits/ general fashion. The gangsters, cops and everyone in between were superbly dressed (1940's).
The hats/ style stood out and especially appealed to me: the 'fedora' or 'borsalino' ...couldn't get away with these nowadays, might try to bring 'em back
....movie was enjoyable. Storyline nothing special, but lots of great actors who were pretty good, good popcorn flick, made 10x better with the wardrobe (man, I have changed)post #24405 of 653841/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Pinky! I've been wondering where you got to?
Today's fit.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork pale blue un-lined collar
Tie: Henry Carter printed silk un-tipped 7 fold
Shoes: Herring reading
You love your Herringbone suits and why wouldn't you looks like they fit / suit you to a tee!
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › jual obat aborsi ampuh cs 082243627277 telat bulan tuntas 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth