Old Angler. Vegetable tanned. Made in Italy. Very good prices.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:49am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Australian Members - Page 1627
took a look - leather looks stiff and shiny - you bought one and happy with quality? Im not too concerned about price, im more about quality .. just looking for the "perfect" briefcase that I have conceived in my wacky mind lol
He did do some Talking Heads tunes, and some of his solo material.. Annie Clark did some St Vincent songs and of course they played the songs off Love this Giant. The brass backing band was sensational, and the choreography was a hoot.
I'm not familiar with that album, but here's a link to the set list, which I think is pretty close to what we got. If you prefer to be surprised, don't click it.
I've just finished his book How Music Works - highly recommended if you are a muso or music nerd.
Sorry for the four letter words, I was in a hurry lol.
I have seen them in person, and yes they are waxed to a shine, but I certainly believe they are veg tanned and they aren't corrected grain if that's what you were thinking. Vince Maloney carry their bags if you want to have a look. They are a member of the http://www.pellealvegetale.it/ consortium for traditional Italian leather. While the site says they are full grain, they are not the thickest leather, definitely not bridle. I contacted them for more images of a particular model and they sent me some. I would have purchased it if I didn't have other priorities atm. While some models appear better quality than others, I wouldn't be too concerned about the low price as I've had relatives pick up ladies wallets for not much money in Florence with leather and construction that easily rivalled (or exceeded) bags like Prada.
If you want a bespoke bag you could contact Tanner Bates.
Let me know how you go, I'm definitely after something similar to you.
I use one of those cheap billygoatdesign sachels. No RMW saddler's briefcase for me :(
I note RMW have finally got themselves a proper website, but things still take painfully long to load. A look at their financial statements from last year showed a rather dismal approx $1m profit on $100m sales. Hopefully a better online presence helps them going forward.
Their online presence is disgusting, their facebook has all the life of a wet dog.
Only 2 more weeks until the greatest fight in Australian history. I hope we're all supporting Mundine!
I can highly recommend the light blue Thomas Mason twill bologna stripe which seems to be a bit of a P Johnson house style for shirts.
See here for photographs -
I got one in my first batch of commissions and it is very vertasile (works well for business and casual). It is definitely the shirt I wear most and find easiest to match. The stripe is thin enough so it can appear almost solid blue but is quite interesting close up. I think you will like it. Saying that Tom and Matt will take you through the options and give some good recommendations.
I am sure quite a few things will catch your eye...
Saw 'Gangster Squad' yesterday, and was loving the suits/ general fashion. The gangsters, cops and everyone in between were superbly dressed (1940's).
The hats/ style stood out and especially appealed to me: the 'fedora' or 'borsalino' ...couldn't get away with these nowadays, might try to bring 'em back
....movie was enjoyable. Storyline nothing special, but lots of great actors who were pretty good, good popcorn flick, made 10x better with the wardrobe (man, I have changed)
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › A Sad Day for Couture, Men's Wearhouse Fires George Zimmer, "the 'I... 4 minutes ago
- › NIB Alfred Sargeant Miller Boots Rustic grain/ choc suede UK8, fits... 5 minutes ago
- › The Teacher Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Alden plain toe blucher: something similar and cheaper?? 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013) 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw