or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1582

post #23716 of 53498

nyone know a good place to meet up - since I don't live in Melbourne I am really out of the loop for where's good.

post #23717 of 53498
Sorry I'll be in the US.
post #23718 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

nyone know a good place to meet up - since I don't live in Melbourne I am really out of the loop for where's good.

Cumulus Inc.

 

http://cumulusinc.com.au/

 

Or Movida Next Door

 

http://movida.com.au/movida-next-door/

post #23719 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

nyone know a good place to meet up - since I don't live in Melbourne I am really out of the loop for where's good.

City Wine Shop on Spring St? We could book a couple of outdoor tables...
post #23720 of 53498

Thanks to a heads up from Lachyzee, I made my one and only purchase for the sales - an MJ Bale 3/4 length unlined cotton navy raincoat at a 50% discount. Unlined, light and perfect outside of winter. I reckon it'll look as good over a pair of jeans at the weekend as it does over a suit during the week. I normally wear a 38 suit but the size 40 was a perfect fit.

 

I also had a nice conversation with Paolo who works there - a very charming Italian gentleman. Well worth paying the store a visit, especially during the current sales.

 

I can't wait for the rain smile.gif


Edited by Gerry Nelson - 1/1/13 at 6:47pm
post #23721 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Great form Mr Firmin! Maybe it's time to up the stakes tonight and charge those glasses in serious style...

Dusty Brogues

I think the Xmas period marinated my physiology to the extent that a dry January is called for. Hemmingway stated "I have had hangovers they could name a battleship after" My brothers was more of a frigate class on NYE morning.

I just picked up a bead trimmer so will nolonger look like Hemmingway's old man and the sea.
post #23722 of 53498
Can anyone comment as to the relative shipping times/methods of Carmina (via web store) and Skoaktiebolaget? And also whether they are shut down for the holidays?

FWIW, I don't suppose anyone saw the model 910 wholecuts in black at Am Tailors?
post #23723 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Thanks to a heads up from Lachyzee, I made my one and only purchase for the sales - an MJ Bale 3/4 length unlined cotton navy raincoat at a 50% discount. Unlined, light and perfect outside of winter. I reckon it'll look as good over a pair of jeans at the weekend as it does over a suit during the week. I normally wear a 38 suit but the size 40 was a perfect fit.

I also had a nice conversation with Paolo who works there - a very charming Italian gentleman. Well worth paying the store a visit, especially during the current sales.

I can't wait for the rain smile.gif

You mean this one: MJ Bale Trench Coat?

I didn't pull the trigger when on sale, but I've lusted for this for some time. Just unsure as to sizing.

Where did you purchase from please?
post #23724 of 53498

Sorry; can't make it to the meetup having a relaxing holiday with the family; reading seriously for the first time since last holidays so good! Any of you read/watch Game of Thrones/a song of ice and fire? (If so feel free to post something nerdy; which I will reply with something equally nerdy :P) I'm 1/2 way through Dance with Dragons and feel like I'm gonna miss this so much.

post #23725 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by El QUaG View Post


You mean this one: MJ Bale Trench Coat?
I didn't pull the trigger when on sale, but I've lusted for this for some time. Just unsure as to sizing.
Where did you purchase from please?

 

That's the one! I bought it from the MJ Bale store in Melbourne.

post #23726 of 53498

Is there a MeetUp group in Sydney by any chance?

post #23727 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

Can anyone comment as to the relative shipping times/methods of Carmina (via web store) and Skoaktiebolaget? And also whether they are shut down for the holidays?
FWIW, I don't suppose anyone saw the model 910 wholecuts in black at Am Tailors?



FP, I don't know about Carmina itself, but Skoaktiebolaget is open - their website said that they would only be closed for a couple of days over Christmas and Boxing Day or something of the sort.

With regard to American Tailors, it's probably best to give them a call and ask them, given that a lot of people seem to be popping in to grab a bargain. I'm tempted to give them a call myself!
post #23728 of 53498

What blows my mind in Australia is the selection of overpriced poor quality Italian shoes. Just because they are stamped "Made in Italy" has Sydney menswear shops charging crazy prices for mens shoes.

post #23729 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

With regard to American Tailors, it's probably best to give them a call and ask them, given that a lot of people seem to be popping in to grab a bargain. I'm tempted to give them a call myself!

 

I gave that a go as well, no success. I hate being size 8.5 at sale time.

post #23730 of 53498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

I can't wait for the rain smile.gif

You haven't got your wooden sword yet!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members