or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1580

post #23686 of 57247
Is this really what the kids are wearing to the dance hall these days?
post #23687 of 57247
All bullshit aside - swan - I'd be genuinely interested to see some shots of what you wear these with and in what context.

This thread tends to lean heavily toward "tailored" clothing - even for casual - and a bit of different streetwear and discussion (I do sincerely hope they aren't paired with a suit for work) wouldn't go astray.
post #23688 of 57247

Currently in HK, feels like an oversexed man in a harem.

 

Shoes and shoes and shoes.

 

There are 2 Berluti shops, and a third will be opening soon at the Elements. Luckily for my wallet, none of the Berluti last fits me perfectly, so I am spared HK$18k (AUD$2200) for each pair.  Problem is the leather briefcases are exquisite and costs over AUD$3500 each.

 

Tassels has very low selection of Bontonis after running their sale early. Even at full price, I am beginning to find that the Bontonis are really quite good value for money. Each pair about AUD$900. Believe you me, they are exquisite.  Wallace at Tassels was good enough to walk me through their special Edward Green (build specially for Tassels). The 206 and 888 lasts fits perfectly.

 

Ethan at the Armoury is his great usual self. Naka was not around. Alas, whilst Carmina Simpson last is beautiful, it is too narrow for me.  Thankfully, the Rain last fits me perfectly.

 

I managed to snag a pair of John Lobb Paul Smith collab oxfords in dark purple museum calf. Again, luckily for my wallet, none of the other John Lobb's lasts fits me well.  Over here, the JL misty calf oxford will set you back HK$14000 (AUD$1750).

 

Lots of A. Testoni shops around.  Really overpriced for the shoe quality on offer.  Also saw some Corthays (unbelievably beautiful), and some JM Weston ( a bit unexciting after all the earlier excitement above).

 

Will head to Bangkok next, then on to Paris.

post #23689 of 57247

gents, wishing you all a very Happy New Year. see you all on the other side.

post #23690 of 57247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Currently in HK, feels like an oversexed man in a harem.

 

Shoes and shoes and shoes.

 

There are 2 Berluti shops, and a third will be opening soon at the Elements. Luckily for my wallet, none of the Berluti last fits me perfectly, so I am spared HK$18k (AUD$2200) for each pair.  Problem is the leather briefcases are exquisite and costs over AUD$3500 each.

 

Tassels has very low selection of Bontonis after running their sale early. Even at full price, I am beginning to find that the Bontonis are really quite good value for money. Each pair about AUD$900. Believe you me, they are exquisite.  Wallace at Tassels was good enough to walk me through their special Edward Green (build specially for Tassels). The 206 and 888 lasts fits perfectly.

 

Ethan at the Armoury is his great usual self. Naka was not around. Alas, whilst Carmina Simpson last is beautiful, it is too narrow for me.  Thankfully, the Rain last fits me perfectly.

 

I managed to snag a pair of John Lobb Paul Smith collab oxfords in dark purple museum calf. Again, luckily for my wallet, none of the other John Lobb's lasts fits me well.  Over here, the JL misty calf oxford will set you back HK$14000 (AUD$1750).

 

Lots of A. Testoni shops around.  Really overpriced for the shoe quality on offer.  Also saw some Corthays (unbelievably beautiful), and some JM Weston ( a bit unexciting after all the earlier excitement above).

 

Will head to Bangkok next, then on to Paris.

Wow can't wait to see you back...especially in the JLPxPaulSmith; do post a picture! Their such an FU shoe; might I ask if their suede or calf?

Happy New Year!!!! Just took the kid's to the 9PM fworks; nearly back home!

post #23691 of 57247
All thongs where I am at the moment... Can't wear your berluitis on the beach. Stay safe gents and back online in the new year.
post #23692 of 57247
All the best everyone. Currently smashing a few shiraz's and hoegardens with the boys. About to hit the scotch.
post #23693 of 57247

Happy New Year all! Fireworks in Melbourne this year looked pretty non-eventful compared to last year!

 

I had a look at American Tailors and MJ Bale today - some good stuff, especially the shoes in American Tailors! If you can spring for a pair and they have your size, now's the time.

post #23694 of 57247
Happy New Year, gents. SBS has some pretty far out Kpop/Jpop music vids right now. My mind is officially blown...
post #23695 of 57247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

What last?

Honestly don't know maybe the Philadelphia. They are 10EE which suggests an easy fit when I am 10F/10.5E but I think a 9.5F would like them better. PM me and I'll send some pics
post #23696 of 57247
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Happy New Year, gents. SBS has some pretty far out Kpop/Jpop music vids right now. My mind is officially blown...

Checked it out - yep, add my mind to the blown category - there was this 11 or 12 girl group which was pretty... epic.
post #23697 of 57247
I sat mesmerised like a stunned lemming for a good hour... Good to hear I wasn't the only one lol
post #23698 of 57247
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

All bullshit aside - swan - I'd be genuinely interested to see some shots of what you wear these with and in what context.
This thread tends to lean heavily toward "tailored" clothing - even for casual - and a bit of different streetwear and discussion (I do sincerely hope they aren't paired with a suit for work) wouldn't go astray.

haha, im living in toronto at the moment and friday in my office is casual day, i will photograph them with what i wear them with and let you know the reaction from the workplace

post #23699 of 57247

1000

bought these today for the office they are To Boot New York.

Thoughts?

post #23700 of 57247
Second double shot of the morning, and damn what a beautiful day! Ribs and beer for lunch! Hope everyone is having a cracking day! PSA never underestimate the dangers of BBQ splatter on the boat shoe. May need to create a Apron to address this matter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members