or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1567

post #23491 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Well, I got a great pressie this year. My Aunt gave me an Alpaca rug/quilt from the Braidwood Alpaca shop. Have you heard of it Jason? Apparently Braidwood raises Alpacas and shears them for their coat. Braidwood is in between Canberra and Batemans Bay.

It feels wonderful.

In a case of six degrees of separation, Braidwood is run by the father of one of my colleagues. He was a senior public servant in the Qld government before he retired a decade or more ago, moved to rural NSW and started a second career as an alpaca farmer. I've seen some of their products and they are fantastic - I'm sure that the rug is lovely and soft and very warm.
post #23492 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


In a case of six degrees of separation, Braidwood is run by the father of one of my colleagues. He was a senior public servant in the Qld government before he retired a decade or more ago, moved to rural NSW and started a second career as an alpaca farmer. I've seen some of their products and they are fantastic - I'm sure that the rug is lovely and soft and very warm.

Despite Australia being a vast country, there aren't that many people, or so it would seem.

 

Have you met the owner? I am sure he has a very high standard of quality. It is quite hard to find top Australian producers. This rug is pure wool, and is still literally, quite 'raw' - It still has the Alpaca hair on it! It is incredibly soft, and incredibly warm.

post #23493 of 57245
Merry Christmas everyone.
Michael yep I've been in the shop a few times. So on the way to the coast u have queanbeyan where I live, bungendore then braidwood before the coast. Bungendore bakery has the best pies too.
I hope u all got Some good presents, I did well, all fly fishing stuff.
post #23494 of 57245

I also did well for Christmas got some great stuff :) However I think my favorite present was Emporio Armani underwear haha that may sound weird but I've been wearing CKs for ages and these are just levels above them! Completely recommend them to anyone who was considering getting them. Definitely going to get some tomorrow during the boxing day sales!

Anyone in Brisbane know about any really good sales happening tomorrow?

post #23495 of 57245
Merry Xmas all!

Menswear related gifts >> Received a PJohnson gift voucher and some lovely Paul Smith socks.
post #23496 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRolley View Post

However I think my favorite present was Emporio Armani underwear haha that may sound weird but I've been wearing CKs for ages and these are just levels above them!

Really ? I have been wearing for ck forever and I was just bored so few months ago I bought triple pack of Emporio Armani. The cotton feels softer than ck. But they stretch out way before the end of the day. and I hate loose feeling down there. I could not wear them at all.
post #23497 of 57245
seasons greetings, gents.
post #23498 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Merry Xmas all!
Menswear related gifts >> Received a PJohnson gift voucher and some lovely Paul Smith socks.

I got my son a PJ voucher too, and a wet shave kit from Mens Biz. What have I done? :-o
post #23499 of 57245

My wife got me some legen-dary silky suit-jamas for xmas :)

 

post #23500 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

My wife got me some legen-dary silky suit-jamas for xmas :)

 

Haha nicely done barney :p no these are awesome, do you get those custom made?

 

Hope everyone had a great xmas!

 

Is there a favourite spot for aussies to use to order Saphir products from? 

post #23501 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRolley View Post

Anyone in Brisbane know about any really good sales happening tomorrow?

Nice PJs Rob! If you wear those around the house, I am sure you can expect a 2nd child at any time :).

 

As for sales JRolley, MJ Bale is having a giant sale - you can get a full canvassed Japanese suit for about $600.

 

Bloody Hunt Leather isn't having a sale. For some reason I don't see them dropping their Il Bisonte range by 50% this year :(. Those bastards can get away with anything!

post #23502 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Nice PJs Rob! If you wear those around the house, I am sure you can expect a 2nd child at any time :).

 

As for sales JRolley, MJ Bale is having a giant sale - you can get a full canvassed Japanese suit for about $600.

 

Bloody Hunt Leather isn't having a sale. For some reason I don't see them dropping their Il Bisonte range by 50% this year :(. Those @#!*% can get away with anything!

 

i'm eyeing their Takeda suit. need to go instore to check it out, considering the sleeves have working buttons.

post #23503 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

 

i'm eyeing their Takeda suit. need to go instore to check it out, considering the sleeves have working buttons.

Haha, working sleeves are apparently not very hard to do. Yet, SF Aussies put heaps of value on them. The only reason why most suit makers don't do it, is it makes the sleeves very hard to adjust.

post #23504 of 57245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Haha, working sleeves are apparently not very hard to do. Yet, SF Aussies put heaps of value on them. The only reason why most suit makers don't do it, is it makes the sleeves very hard to adjust.

that's exactly right - i'd hate to buy it to find it's too short.. or if it's too long, it's a costly exercise to have them shortened from the shoulder.

post #23505 of 57245

Hey all,

 

Got 2 spare Tres Bien codes for 30% off in the presale period (26-30 Dec)..Not good timing for me

Shoot me a PM if you want them

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members