or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1566

post #23476 of 52608
Just in time for Christmas, I received a parcel from the incomparable Malford of London:

4apezamy.jpg

A pair of brogues, although definitely not dusty!

I'm looking forward to wearing them next week.
post #23477 of 52608
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Anyone able to share contact information for Double Monk?

53 Smith St, Fitzroy.
Tel: (03) 9417 3335
post #23478 of 52608
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple3210 View Post

hey guys,
what's a good brand of wool to get a suit made? I'm looking for something on the lighter side so it will be bearable to wear during spring and autumn.
Planning to get one made in singapore so looking to get a quote on how much a particular fabric costs.
Thanks

Some of the quality cloths are: Loro Piana, Scabal, Holland and Sherry, Lesser, Dormeuil, Minnis. You can look in the "Unfunded Liabilities" thread for more names. Being in Singapore they should have plenty of lighter cloths. Where are you going, Iris tailor or Anson?
post #23479 of 52608
Gr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Just in time for Christmas, I received a parcel from the incomparable Malford of London:
4apezamy.jpg
A pair of brogues, although definitely not dusty!
I'm looking forward to wearing them next week.[/quote

Great kicks JM, enjoy mate! Without a shadow of doubt you are continuing to bring serious Game to the state of Queensland...

I'm about a decade behind, nevermind : )
post #23480 of 52608
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKula View Post

Some of the quality cloths are: Loro Piana, Scabal, Holland and Sherry, Lesser, Dormeuil, Minnis. You can look in the "Unfunded Liabilities" thread for more names. Being in Singapore they should have plenty of lighter cloths. Where are you going, Iris tailor or Anson?

Thanks for the reply. Planning to go to Iris but hoping to keep the cost as low as possible. Prices have increased from what has been posted and what i asked Iris via email.

Is VBC any good? Which of the brands would be the most "affordable"?
post #23481 of 52608

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you get whatever you want out of Christmas - time with family, time on your own, presents, carols, whatever floats.

 

Looking forward to some goodies from Vanda and some time withmy brother.

 

Looking forward to some hijinks in the new year - will start posting some fit pictures soon for harsh critique.

post #23482 of 52608

Merry Christmas Gentlemen!

 

It has been a wonderful 6 months. Thanks all (inc. Checkstar and P. Bear)!

post #23483 of 52608

-------double post---------

post #23484 of 52608
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple3210 View Post

Thanks for the reply. Planning to go to Iris but hoping to keep the cost as low as possible. Prices have increased from what has been posted and what i asked Iris via email.
Is VBC any good? Which of the brands would be the most "affordable"?

See the discussion on VBC from people with more experience here and here. I actually have a suit from Anson in Singapore made from VBC, very light 260gram, grey worsted sharkskin. Nice suit to have in the summer. No idea about prices for cloth, I just order from from the options my tailor presents.
post #23485 of 52608

Merry Christmas, all! Hope the coming year brings all of you much happiness!

post #23486 of 52608

Merry Christmas everyone :) Hope you all have a great Christmas!

 

Don't forget to post all your awesome Boxing Day sale pick ups ;)

post #23487 of 52608
Merry Christmas all. Have a nice relaxing time so you can hit the Azzaro sale with a vengeance tomorrow. Cheers!!
post #23488 of 52608
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

Herringshoes - could not speak more highly of them

 

^^ that, couldn't agree more.

post #23489 of 52608

Merry Christmas, one and all!

post #23490 of 52608

Well, I got a great pressie this year. My Aunt gave me an Alpaca rug/quilt from the Braidwood Alpaca shop. Have you heard of it Jason? Apparently Braidwood raises Alpacas and shears them for their coat. Braidwood is in between Canberra and Batemans Bay.

 

It feels wonderful.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members