Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1561post #23401 of 6794612/21/12 at 1:05pmYou can get chest canvas if you want something more traditional. My coat has a chest canvas. Orazio Luciano also have much wider access to fabrics than the Danish PJ workshop. Holland & Sherry, Lesser, JJ Minnis, Ariston, etc. I ordered something from the JJ Minnis Fresco II Book.post #23402 of 6794612/21/12 at 1:38pmpost #23403 of 6794612/21/12 at 1:43pmpost #23404 of 6794612/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #23405 of 6794612/21/12 at 3:57pmpost #23406 of 6794612/21/12 at 4:40pmpost #23407 of 6794612/21/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
You can get chest canvas if you want something more traditional. My coat has a chest canvas. Orazio Luciano also have much wider access to fabrics than the Danish PJ workshop. Holland & Sherry, Lesser, JJ Minnis, Ariston, etc. I ordered something from the JJ Minnis Fresco II Book.
PJ napoli line?post #23408 of 6794612/21/12 at 4:50pmpost #23409 of 6794612/21/12 at 5:17pmpost #23410 of 6794612/21/12 at 7:00pmpost #23411 of 6794612/21/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
This was discussed a couple of months back so it might be worth a search to see what the outcome was.
Not sure where in Melbourne you are but for jeans Dakota 501 on Chapel Street has a good selection (I like the Natural Selection brand), as does Pierucci and there is a Nudie store there too. In the city I think Incu has a few brands and Ance jeans are supposed to be good (their store is the GPO).
Not really sure on too many other places, maybe Up There (search google for that one). I am sure there were a few choices so try searching the thread and maybe one of the wiser minds on denim like thebrownman will offer a better insight.post #23412 of 6794612/21/12 at 8:34pmpost #23413 of 6794612/21/12 at 9:08pmPicked this up from PJs today just in time for.... 5 weeks of sitting in mothballs!
Apologies for the crappy photos.
Don't know what the fabric is, but as you can hopefully see in the photos it's essentially a flannel that's actually really lightweight. Think it's an Ariston. I think it will prove to be a lot more wearable than a traditional flannel suit in Melbourne. I wanted something grey but with some texture - I think flat grey suits are really bland.post #23414 of 6794612/21/12 at 9:44pm
Nice suit! It's a very versatile colour and one that you'll be able to wear with any number of things, The fabric definitely looks more interesting that the standard mid-grey. Any reason you went for the ticket pocket?post #23415 of 6794612/21/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
Firstly I like the look of it, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
Secondly I opted for half lining since I run hot in a suit. So I couldn't get a mobile pocket put in under the arm.
The ticket pocket is actually pretty much perfect to put a mobile into. Tom at PJs suggested this to me and it works great. I have never bothered even unpicking my pockets before. I sometimes have far too many things stuffed in my inside pockets so it's good to be able to store it somewhere else.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1405 Active Users (289 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 27 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 36 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding