Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1561
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23402 of 6336412/21/12 at 1:38pmpost #23403 of 6336412/21/12 at 1:43pmpost #23404 of 6336412/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #23405 of 6336412/21/12 at 3:57pmpost #23406 of 6336412/21/12 at 4:40pmpost #23407 of 6336412/21/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
You can get chest canvas if you want something more traditional. My coat has a chest canvas. Orazio Luciano also have much wider access to fabrics than the Danish PJ workshop. Holland & Sherry, Lesser, JJ Minnis, Ariston, etc. I ordered something from the JJ Minnis Fresco II Book.
PJ napoli line?post #23408 of 6336412/21/12 at 4:50pmpost #23409 of 6336412/21/12 at 5:17pmpost #23410 of 6336412/21/12 at 7:00pmpost #23411 of 6336412/21/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
This was discussed a couple of months back so it might be worth a search to see what the outcome was.
Not sure where in Melbourne you are but for jeans Dakota 501 on Chapel Street has a good selection (I like the Natural Selection brand), as does Pierucci and there is a Nudie store there too. In the city I think Incu has a few brands and Ance jeans are supposed to be good (their store is the GPO).
Not really sure on too many other places, maybe Up There (search google for that one). I am sure there were a few choices so try searching the thread and maybe one of the wiser minds on denim like thebrownman will offer a better insight.post #23412 of 6336412/21/12 at 8:34pmpost #23413 of 6336412/21/12 at 9:08pmPicked this up from PJs today just in time for.... 5 weeks of sitting in mothballs!
Apologies for the crappy photos.
Don't know what the fabric is, but as you can hopefully see in the photos it's essentially a flannel that's actually really lightweight. Think it's an Ariston. I think it will prove to be a lot more wearable than a traditional flannel suit in Melbourne. I wanted something grey but with some texture - I think flat grey suits are really bland.post #23414 of 6336412/21/12 at 9:44pmpost #23415 of 6336412/21/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
Firstly I like the look of it, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
Secondly I opted for half lining since I run hot in a suit. So I couldn't get a mobile pocket put in under the arm.
The ticket pocket is actually pretty much perfect to put a mobile into. Tom at PJs suggested this to me and it works great. I have never bothered even unpicking my pockets before. I sometimes have far too many things stuffed in my inside pockets so it's good to be able to store it somewhere else.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1572 Active Users (384 Members and 1188 Guests)
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Your Opinion on this AE from Ebay - PIC inside - 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Ray ban 1952 white gold limited edition 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Blazer 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...