Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1561
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23402 of 6455512/21/12 at 1:38pmpost #23403 of 6455512/21/12 at 1:43pmpost #23404 of 6455512/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #23405 of 6455512/21/12 at 3:57pmpost #23406 of 6455512/21/12 at 4:40pmpost #23407 of 6455512/21/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
You can get chest canvas if you want something more traditional. My coat has a chest canvas. Orazio Luciano also have much wider access to fabrics than the Danish PJ workshop. Holland & Sherry, Lesser, JJ Minnis, Ariston, etc. I ordered something from the JJ Minnis Fresco II Book.
PJ napoli line?post #23408 of 6455512/21/12 at 4:50pmpost #23409 of 6455512/21/12 at 5:17pmpost #23410 of 6455512/21/12 at 7:00pmpost #23411 of 6455512/21/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
This was discussed a couple of months back so it might be worth a search to see what the outcome was.
Not sure where in Melbourne you are but for jeans Dakota 501 on Chapel Street has a good selection (I like the Natural Selection brand), as does Pierucci and there is a Nudie store there too. In the city I think Incu has a few brands and Ance jeans are supposed to be good (their store is the GPO).
Not really sure on too many other places, maybe Up There (search google for that one). I am sure there were a few choices so try searching the thread and maybe one of the wiser minds on denim like thebrownman will offer a better insight.post #23412 of 6455512/21/12 at 8:34pmpost #23413 of 6455512/21/12 at 9:08pmPicked this up from PJs today just in time for.... 5 weeks of sitting in mothballs!
Apologies for the crappy photos.
Don't know what the fabric is, but as you can hopefully see in the photos it's essentially a flannel that's actually really lightweight. Think it's an Ariston. I think it will prove to be a lot more wearable than a traditional flannel suit in Melbourne. I wanted something grey but with some texture - I think flat grey suits are really bland.post #23414 of 6455512/21/12 at 9:44pmpost #23415 of 6455512/21/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
Firstly I like the look of it, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
Secondly I opted for half lining since I run hot in a suit. So I couldn't get a mobile pocket put in under the arm.
The ticket pocket is actually pretty much perfect to put a mobile into. Tom at PJs suggested this to me and it works great. I have never bothered even unpicking my pockets before. I sometimes have far too many things stuffed in my inside pockets so it's good to be able to store it somewhere else.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Currently, there are 1358 Active Users (253 Members and 1105 Guests)
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 30 seconds ago
- › Which shirts? 50 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 3 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015