Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1561
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23402 of 5796312/21/12 at 1:38pmpost #23403 of 5796312/21/12 at 1:43pmpost #23404 of 5796312/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #23405 of 5796312/21/12 at 3:57pmpost #23406 of 5796312/21/12 at 4:40pmpost #23407 of 5796312/21/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
You can get chest canvas if you want something more traditional. My coat has a chest canvas. Orazio Luciano also have much wider access to fabrics than the Danish PJ workshop. Holland & Sherry, Lesser, JJ Minnis, Ariston, etc. I ordered something from the JJ Minnis Fresco II Book.
PJ napoli line?post #23408 of 5796312/21/12 at 4:50pmpost #23409 of 5796312/21/12 at 5:17pmpost #23410 of 5796312/21/12 at 7:00pmpost #23411 of 5796312/21/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
This was discussed a couple of months back so it might be worth a search to see what the outcome was.
Not sure where in Melbourne you are but for jeans Dakota 501 on Chapel Street has a good selection (I like the Natural Selection brand), as does Pierucci and there is a Nudie store there too. In the city I think Incu has a few brands and Ance jeans are supposed to be good (their store is the GPO).
Not really sure on too many other places, maybe Up There (search google for that one). I am sure there were a few choices so try searching the thread and maybe one of the wiser minds on denim like thebrownman will offer a better insight.post #23412 of 5796312/21/12 at 8:34pmpost #23413 of 5796312/21/12 at 9:08pmPicked this up from PJs today just in time for.... 5 weeks of sitting in mothballs!
Apologies for the crappy photos.
Don't know what the fabric is, but as you can hopefully see in the photos it's essentially a flannel that's actually really lightweight. Think it's an Ariston. I think it will prove to be a lot more wearable than a traditional flannel suit in Melbourne. I wanted something grey but with some texture - I think flat grey suits are really bland.post #23414 of 5796312/21/12 at 9:44pmpost #23415 of 5796312/21/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
Firstly I like the look of it, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
Secondly I opted for half lining since I run hot in a suit. So I couldn't get a mobile pocket put in under the arm.
The ticket pocket is actually pretty much perfect to put a mobile into. Tom at PJs suggested this to me and it works great. I have never bothered even unpicking my pockets before. I sometimes have far too many things stuffed in my inside pockets so it's good to be able to store it somewhere else.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1681 Active Users (400 Members and 1281 Guests)
- › Show us how you roll in EG 2 seconds ago
- › SuitSupply Washington Blue Half Lined Suit Supply 38R 27 seconds ago
- › Sole Welting 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Drop Dec 23 + Taking REASONABLE Offers █ True Size 44L █ NWT $3000... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Drop Dec 23 + Taking REASONABLE Offers █ True Size 42R █ NWT... 6 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...