Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1552
Styleforum Top Picks
No one cares about the rules in my work, and that includes me. I like to dress differently and I enjoy odd items and unusual items. If I had to dress to please those mentioned I'd bore myself to death.
Why do it if its no fun?
+1 thats the biggest compliment
P.S. iSurg, I don't think Melbourne op shops are slim pickings. I know CD has picked up many cool items in op shops, a friend of mine, Remy, also picks up lots of cool stuff. I think fxh also picks up cool stuff. The added benefit of thrift shopping at the moment is that there's a song about it, 'Got twenty dollars in my pocket, I'm gonna pop some tags...' < I don't know what that emoticon is, but it seemed to fit the mood.
Remy is going places - In my dealings with him at P.Johnson im nothing but impressed with the guy
In all honesty, I'm one who is slightly susceptible to silent SF hero worship and tumblr-stalking.
I don't have $$ for amazing visits to London/Naples (like this guy, one of my favourite past SF threads http://www.styleforum.net/t/170554/noob-here-wait-till-london-or-no)
or to afford the insane number and quality of items that my favourite SF members have (Spoo, Foo, Manton, maomao).
The flipside is that thrifting is not a viable option, given my lack of time/dedication and perceived slim pickings in Melb. Perhaps, it's easier for those involved in the #menswear vendor community to develop their wardrobes meaningfully, and maybe CW and Romp can comment on this. At the end of the day, you spend within your means and time. I'm particularly impressed with Romp, given that he has a young family and work commitments outside of menswear. CW as well. Amazing.
That's not to say I haven't tried things - I just have to be highly selective, and hence SF has basically changed my purchase/menswear trajectory.
At the end of the day, the basis of SF hero worship is that we're able to live vicariously through senior members. That and working towards your grails is more than half the fun.
Thanks iSurg, kind words. Truth be told I am still wardrobe building and I am just fortunate that I wear suits 5 days a week so I have that side of my wardrobe in a better situation than my casual stuff. Lack of good options in Sydney on the casual side was what prompted us to start O&J in the first place.. basically just trying to make some shirts and pants that we'd want to wear - bit of fun really.
I tend to only stay on the Australian thread here on this forum as I find elsewhere there is too much trolling and #menswear circle jerking. I think its good to "learn" menswear but really there are alot of guys out there who lack real world experience which is only gained with time and experience. Be willing to try and experiment with stuff you see and you'll end up finding your own personal style and a wardrobe of items that can be thrown together thoughtlessly and look great.
Anyone itching to see Great Gatsby? (Not opening until next year, but still)
The suits are BB, and a chance to see some white tie in film. Didn't really think that brown in town was a thing in the Americas until the 30's
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stumbled across this documentary/mockumentary. Looks promising for some laughs.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Getting off TPB now...
Edited by iSurg - 12/17/12 at 4:44am
I went to Sydney cbd Woolworths this morning and they stacked $hits all over their stores on the floor on the walkways and every where. Hard to even walk. Long story short one of my jacket sleeve was scratched /pulled by god knows what packaging. It resulted a micro scratch. Its my favorite staple Navy blazer .Its about shape/size of this ( -- ). Its more like a scratch mark .But probably tiny bit of fabric has been ripped(no visible hole- can’t see through) . Now I can leave this as is as its hardly noticeable. But do you think this could grow bigger if not repaired ?
And who can repair this ? re weaver / French re weaver ? Any idea in Sydney.
- Australian Members
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › SNS Herning Memento shawl cardigan blue mix size large BNWT 2 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The Wide-Boy look - a thread for all the spivs and chancers out there! 3 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Museum Calf Appreciation & Shoe Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw