yes - I removed the pocket and went a soft full cutaway collar (yeah its got roll baby) ... so the traditionalists wont approve (they'd prefer BD collars and locker loops - which I may add if the style is proven popular)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1541post #23101 of 6123912/13/12 at 1:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23102 of 6123912/13/12 at 2:18pmpost #23103 of 6123912/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #23104 of 6123912/13/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #23105 of 6123912/13/12 at 2:44pmQuote:Quote:
Yep - as the buttons only go halfway down, you pop it over your head to put it on, hence "popover".post #23106 of 6123912/13/12 at 2:50pmpost #23107 of 6123912/13/12 at 3:03pm
lol ... wiping the laughter spit/spray off my screen.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Watch out - Worked for Agnelli - scored JFK's wife (apparently) with his cutaway popover charm:)
make sure you strap your watch on the outside of your cuff for full effectpost #23108 of 6123912/13/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Quar, I'm handing the fabric over to Rene from Deer Style (a Brisbane tailor) and he'll send it off to be made up into shirts. I've had nine shirts made up by Deer Style already, but they were all from stock fabrics - this is the first time that I've gone the CMT route by obtaining fabric from Acorn and I'm looking forward to wearing the results!Quote:Originally Posted by Michael Sy
Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas: http://vimeo.com/21664227 . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?
Maglia make nice umbrellas, although I've got a Pasotti instead (via Deer Style).
Another source for nice umbrellas is Howard Yount in the US. I'm not sure whether the HY umbrellas are made by Maglia or Pasotti (they look very much like the Pasotti that I have), but HY has some nice, full-stick models with nice canopies and Jamison (the proprietor of HY, SF username chorse123) is a top bloke who generally has very reasonable shipping costs.post #23109 of 6123912/13/12 at 3:09pmpost #23110 of 6123912/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #23111 of 6123912/13/12 at 3:43pmpost #23112 of 6123912/13/12 at 4:02pmpost #23113 of 6123912/13/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Nice, well thought out post as usual, PS. Interesting that you mentioned the surplus shops. The more I think about it, the more I'm keen to get one of the originals before I drop a wad of cash on an Aspesi.
I think this looks fine:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
More pics at http://forthediscerningfew.com/2012/05/13/m-65-military-stuff/ (pardon my French!).
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enough to generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!post #23114 of 6123912/13/12 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enoughto generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!
This is the story of my life.
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the video clip for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' track 'Same Love'. It's genuinely lovely.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1788 Active Users (464 Members and 1324 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 47 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Pre-Order] IROQUOIS 2015AW with Mercury Japan — Closes May 5th 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › One fat leg or weird jeans? 5 minutes ago
- › [VOTING] SW&D CHALLENGE - BOLD COLORS 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...