yes - I removed the pocket and went a soft full cutaway collar (yeah its got roll baby) ... so the traditionalists wont approve (they'd prefer BD collars and locker loops - which I may add if the style is proven popular)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1541post #23101 of 6794612/13/12 at 1:17pmpost #23102 of 6794612/13/12 at 2:18pmpost #23103 of 6794612/13/12 at 2:27pmPopover only buttons down about halfway, not the whole way like a regular shirt. It's a more casual piece than a shirt. Think rolled up sleeves, loafers and shorts in summer. And a bit of chest hair showing of course....post #23104 of 6794612/13/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #23105 of 6794612/13/12 at 2:44pmQuote:Quote:
Yep - as the buttons only go halfway down, you pop it over your head to put it on, hence "popover".post #23106 of 6794612/13/12 at 2:50pmpost #23107 of 6794612/13/12 at 3:03pm
lol ... wiping the laughter spit/spray off my screen.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Watch out - Worked for Agnelli - scored JFK's wife (apparently) with his cutaway popover charm:)
make sure you strap your watch on the outside of your cuff for full effectpost #23108 of 6794612/13/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Quar, I'm handing the fabric over to Rene from Deer Style (a Brisbane tailor) and he'll send it off to be made up into shirts. I've had nine shirts made up by Deer Style already, but they were all from stock fabrics - this is the first time that I've gone the CMT route by obtaining fabric from Acorn and I'm looking forward to wearing the results!Quote:Originally Posted by Michael Sy
Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas: http://vimeo.com/21664227 . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?
Maglia make nice umbrellas, although I've got a Pasotti instead (via Deer Style).
Another source for nice umbrellas is Howard Yount in the US. I'm not sure whether the HY umbrellas are made by Maglia or Pasotti (they look very much like the Pasotti that I have), but HY has some nice, full-stick models with nice canopies and Jamison (the proprietor of HY, SF username chorse123) is a top bloke who generally has very reasonable shipping costs.post #23109 of 6794612/13/12 at 3:09pmpost #23110 of 6794612/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #23111 of 6794612/13/12 at 3:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Another source for nice umbrellas is Howard Yount in the US.
+1 on the HY brollies, I believe those and Kent Wang's offering are one in the same, mines had a bit of use with the spits and spats we've had this week.post #23112 of 6794612/13/12 at 4:02pmpost #23113 of 6794612/13/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Nice, well thought out post as usual, PS. Interesting that you mentioned the surplus shops. The more I think about it, the more I'm keen to get one of the originals before I drop a wad of cash on an Aspesi.
I think this looks fine:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
More pics at http://forthediscerningfew.com/2012/05/13/m-65-military-stuff/ (pardon my French!).
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enough to generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!post #23114 of 6794612/13/12 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enoughto generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!
This is the story of my life.
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the video clip for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' track 'Same Love'. It's genuinely lovely.post #23115 of 6794612/13/12 at 4:25pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1626 Active Users (300 Members and 1326 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 24, 2016 - Greyscale 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 11 minutes ago
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding