yes - I removed the pocket and went a soft full cutaway collar (yeah its got roll baby) ... so the traditionalists wont approve (they'd prefer BD collars and locker loops - which I may add if the style is proven popular)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1541post #23101 of 6787512/13/12 at 1:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23102 of 6787512/13/12 at 2:18pmpost #23103 of 6787512/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #23104 of 6787512/13/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #23105 of 6787512/13/12 at 2:44pmQuote:Quote:
Yep - as the buttons only go halfway down, you pop it over your head to put it on, hence "popover".post #23106 of 6787512/13/12 at 2:50pmpost #23107 of 6787512/13/12 at 3:03pm
lol ... wiping the laughter spit/spray off my screen.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Watch out - Worked for Agnelli - scored JFK's wife (apparently) with his cutaway popover charm:)
make sure you strap your watch on the outside of your cuff for full effectpost #23108 of 6787512/13/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Quar, I'm handing the fabric over to Rene from Deer Style (a Brisbane tailor) and he'll send it off to be made up into shirts. I've had nine shirts made up by Deer Style already, but they were all from stock fabrics - this is the first time that I've gone the CMT route by obtaining fabric from Acorn and I'm looking forward to wearing the results!Quote:Originally Posted by Michael Sy
Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas: http://vimeo.com/21664227 . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?
Maglia make nice umbrellas, although I've got a Pasotti instead (via Deer Style).
Another source for nice umbrellas is Howard Yount in the US. I'm not sure whether the HY umbrellas are made by Maglia or Pasotti (they look very much like the Pasotti that I have), but HY has some nice, full-stick models with nice canopies and Jamison (the proprietor of HY, SF username chorse123) is a top bloke who generally has very reasonable shipping costs.post #23109 of 6787512/13/12 at 3:09pmpost #23110 of 6787512/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #23111 of 6787512/13/12 at 3:43pmpost #23112 of 6787512/13/12 at 4:02pmpost #23113 of 6787512/13/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Nice, well thought out post as usual, PS. Interesting that you mentioned the surplus shops. The more I think about it, the more I'm keen to get one of the originals before I drop a wad of cash on an Aspesi.
I think this looks fine:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
More pics at http://forthediscerningfew.com/2012/05/13/m-65-military-stuff/ (pardon my French!).
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enough to generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!post #23114 of 6787512/13/12 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enoughto generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!
This is the story of my life.
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the video clip for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' track 'Same Love'. It's genuinely lovely.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
Currently, there are 1702 Active Users (431 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › NEW RARE Common Projects Tan Suede Chelsea Boots Size 43EU/10US... 1 minute ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New 16/41 Thomas Mason Cordone 1956 Made in Italy 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Fit 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...