yes - I removed the pocket and went a soft full cutaway collar (yeah its got roll baby) ... so the traditionalists wont approve (they'd prefer BD collars and locker loops - which I may add if the style is proven popular)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1541post #23101 of 6336612/13/12 at 1:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23102 of 6336612/13/12 at 2:18pmpost #23103 of 6336612/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #23104 of 6336612/13/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #23105 of 6336612/13/12 at 2:44pmQuote:Quote:
Yep - as the buttons only go halfway down, you pop it over your head to put it on, hence "popover".post #23106 of 6336612/13/12 at 2:50pmpost #23107 of 6336612/13/12 at 3:03pm
lol ... wiping the laughter spit/spray off my screen.Quote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Thisi s how Romp is going to wear his. Look out Sydney.
http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/32647997562/stickysteps-agnellis-popover-shorter-placket Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Watch out - Worked for Agnelli - scored JFK's wife (apparently) with his cutaway popover charm:)
make sure you strap your watch on the outside of your cuff for full effectpost #23108 of 6336612/13/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Quar, I'm handing the fabric over to Rene from Deer Style (a Brisbane tailor) and he'll send it off to be made up into shirts. I've had nine shirts made up by Deer Style already, but they were all from stock fabrics - this is the first time that I've gone the CMT route by obtaining fabric from Acorn and I'm looking forward to wearing the results!Quote:Originally Posted by Michael Sy
Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas: http://vimeo.com/21664227 . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?
Maglia make nice umbrellas, although I've got a Pasotti instead (via Deer Style).
Another source for nice umbrellas is Howard Yount in the US. I'm not sure whether the HY umbrellas are made by Maglia or Pasotti (they look very much like the Pasotti that I have), but HY has some nice, full-stick models with nice canopies and Jamison (the proprietor of HY, SF username chorse123) is a top bloke who generally has very reasonable shipping costs.post #23109 of 6336612/13/12 at 3:09pmpost #23110 of 6336612/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #23111 of 6336612/13/12 at 3:43pmpost #23112 of 6336612/13/12 at 4:02pmpost #23113 of 6336612/13/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Nice, well thought out post as usual, PS. Interesting that you mentioned the surplus shops. The more I think about it, the more I'm keen to get one of the originals before I drop a wad of cash on an Aspesi.
I think this looks fine:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
More pics at http://forthediscerningfew.com/2012/05/13/m-65-military-stuff/ (pardon my French!).
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enough to generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!post #23114 of 6336612/13/12 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enoughto generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!
This is the story of my life.
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the video clip for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' track 'Same Love'. It's genuinely lovely.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 987 Active Users (176 Members and 811 Guests)
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 31 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 40 minutes ago
- › A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome) 42 minutes ago
- › WTT Viberg x 3Sixteen mini ripple service boot for Notre service boot 47 minutes ago
- › RAY BAN CARAVAN 47 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 49 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...