or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1528

post #22906 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


If it fits, is at the right price, looks good on you and makes you happy, buy it.
I wouldn't sweat over no working cuffs and no hand sewn button holes.

Thanks for that.  I was actually hoping that someone will have experience on the longevity and wear of the fabric. Two particular gripes- one, the cat whiskers creases on the pants are unsightly with lighter/inferior fabric.  Second, it is annoying to have a canvassed jacketed finally molding to your body shape after several years, but then ripping/tearing the seat of the pants as the material gets worn down.  The fabric is proprietary to PS, and I doubt I can get it replaced.  Same problem with some of my tailored suits with lousy fabrics.

post #22907 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

How is the pricing on Pjohnson bespoke shirts? (min-max)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

What's the minimum I would be paying at Pjohnson for a mtm odd jacket or anywhere in Melbourne for that matter?

HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.
post #22908 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post


HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.

First rule of Aussie SF members club: you don't talk about P Johnson pricing.

post #22909 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

First rule of Aussie SF members club: you don't talk about P Johnson pricing.

I don't mind discussion however asking these types of questions annoys me greatly. Its like going to the counter of Coles with your list of groceries and asking how much is this and that before you've even had a look down the isle.
post #22910 of 56086

T_T fine....

post #22911 of 56086
Fair enough - just call and say, "I like the look of what I've seen/I'm interested, but cost is an important consideration for me..."

They'll tell you a ballpark, and then you make a decision. Sometimes, I think the reason some people post on Internet forums is that they lack the regular social skills to ask questions in real life...
post #22912 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Fair enough - just call and say, "I like the look of what I've seen/I'm interested, but cost is an important consideration for me..."
They'll tell you a ballpark, and then you make a decision. Sometimes, I think the reason some people post on Internet forums is that they lack the regular social skills to ask questions in real life...

My three cats and I unanimously disagree with this. 

post #22913 of 56086

Guys, guys, guys. No need to get annoyed. Too close to the jolly holiday season.

 

There is the concept of "there is no stupid question" (stated by almost every lecturer I've had), but we all know that's a setup for a suboptimal questions.

 

No need to be harsh though. Gentle guidance, please. 

post #22914 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

What's the minimum I would be paying at Pjohnson for a mtm odd jacket or anywhere in Melbourne for that matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post

HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post

HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post

HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post

HOW ABOUT YOU ASK P.JOHNSON.

Just as a further reference to anyone else if they haven't gotten the clue yet.
post #22915 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post


Just as a further reference to anyone else if they haven't gotten the clue yet.

To be fair, OP did ask for MTM "anywhere else in Australia."

 

I think OP wants a general idea, and do not necessarily want to waste P Johnson's time with tire-kicking.

 

Spirit of Xmas- give more, expect less.

post #22916 of 56086

Ok let's move onto a different topic.... TBM you end up getting the aspesi?

post #22917 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post


I think OP wants a general idea, and do not necessarily want to waste P Johnson's time with tire-kicking.

Spirit of Xmas- give more, expect less.

You're going into the MTO/MTM/Bespoke/#menswear game with the wrong mindset if money is above all else. I'm sorry, but to want something that is really high quality with a hint of personalisation and have it at a 'good price' is not going to happen (in most cases that is). It's a shame that the Australian ingrained thinking of getting a 'bargain' is still affecting the way in which we consume goods. If you're unable to afford a $650 MTM jacket then move on and find something else.

P.S. The fact that it is nearing Christmas doesn't mean that people all of a sudden have to be more charitable and nice to each other, at the risk of sounding like the Grinch.
post #22918 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post


You're going into the MTO/MTM/Bespoke/#menswear game with the wrong mindset if money is above all else. I'm sorry, but to want something that is really high quality with a hint of personalisation and have it at a 'good price' is not going to happen (in most cases that is). It's a shame that the Australian ingrained thinking of getting a 'bargain' is still affecting the way in which we consume goods. If you're unable to afford a $650 MTM jacket then move on and find something else.
P.S. The fact that it is nearing Christmas doesn't mean that people all of a sudden have to be more charitable and nice to each other, at the risk of sounding like the Grinch.

OP is just asking for a general indication of pricing.  I see no indication of him wanting to scrooge, nor him stating money is above all else, nor him stating that he wants high quality at a "good price".

 

Every day, every consumer is trading off price versus value. And despite your high falutin language, you will be doing exactly the same.  Just that each person's concept of "value" is different, and this affects prices that they are willing or able to pay.

 

And dont forget that for some consumers, such as me, we have alternatives rather than Australia.  Don't fall in thinking Australia is the only shopping pond available.

 

Like I said earlier, OP is just asking for a general idea as to pricing.  A perfectly reasonable response could have been "At least $650 for decent MTM jacket" rather than hostility and rudeness. 

 

It would be fair to say that being charitable and nice to each other is certainly worth aspiring for, Xmas or not.  You dont risk sounding like Grinch at all, you just sound like an asshole.

post #22919 of 56086
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post


You're going into the MTO/MTM/Bespoke/#menswear game with the wrong mindset if money is above all else. I'm sorry, but to want something that is really high quality with a hint of personalisation and have it at a 'good price' is not going to happen (in most cases that is). It's a shame that the Australian ingrained thinking of getting a 'bargain' is still affecting the way in which we consume goods. If you're unable to afford a $650 MTM jacket then move on and find something else.
P.S. The fact that it is nearing Christmas doesn't mean that people all of a sudden have to be more charitable and nice to each other, at the risk of sounding like the Grinch.

 

 

 

I think your point is valid. However, in my experience, my entrance into bespoke and better MTM started with an assessment of pricing and its balance with quality of the garment. At least, that was my mentality when I dropped what I thought was a lot of money at WWC. Since then, my perception of price point now includes customer service among other things. 

My point is that price still plays a part in someone's decision to go above RTW. 

 

Also, true that the hols shouldn't influence how we interact on this forum - I prefer that we treat each other cordially throughout the year. 

post #22920 of 56086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

This could be you next year GN (?)
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-faded-creased-cuffed-denim-pitti-uomo/

 

 

I'd just need some dad jeans smile.gif 

 

Nice post, PS! Not too sure about those ones from eBay you posted but it's not much of a gamble if you buy one and it doesn't work out. I'm still trying to decide on one but I know I would like something lightweight with a hood that can be folded away.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members