The constitution, Mabo, the vibe..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1521post #22801 of 6038512/6/12 at 2:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22802 of 6038512/6/12 at 2:57pmQuote:
This is something I'm yet to work out, having never seen a Farage suit in the wild and never having been bothered to walk into their stores.
I recently found out Farage made all suits in Australia, which really suprised me. Apparently he will now offshore to China as many factories there are now producing a superior product.
But, given the prices on the Farage website I think we would all agree that there are much better options for the price. You could get a base PJ suit for the same price as many of them.post #22803 of 6038512/6/12 at 3:02pmpost #22804 of 6038512/6/12 at 3:13pmpost #22805 of 6038512/6/12 at 3:51pm
Thanks to whomever it was that mentioned the landsend sale. The chinos I ordered just arrived. Can't complain for the price, Ill have to take them to the tailor to get the legs slimmed down a bit as even though I went with the tailored / slim style, still quite baggy, even factoring in the cost of that though I think I've come out ahead.post #22806 of 6038512/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
In the avoid section. Poorly cut and poorly made compared to Herringbone, MJ Bale etc. Their women's stuff seems to be much nicer, but the men's suits and shirts are overpriced and the quality is very hit and miss in my opinion.post #22807 of 6038512/6/12 at 4:03pmpost #22808 of 6038512/6/12 at 4:16pmpost #22809 of 6038512/6/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
Water will still change the dimensions to some degree. Up to you. Personally I'd get them hemmed about an inch or so too long. I washed some denim for a second time recently, and found the inseam shrunk again. If I'd had them hemmed to the correct length they would now be too short. YMMV of course, as these were not 3sixteens.post #22810 of 6038512/6/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
Not sure whether you know about this, but I have mentioned Corlection on Pitt Street quite a number of times. They are near the tram line. The guy is knowledgeable and they curate some great high quality Japanese denim for prices only 10% higher than Rakuten's prices. From memory, they stock Momotaro's, Pure Blue Japan, Strike Gold, Tenryo- all top notch stuff. Personally love the Strike Gold 14oz- world of difference. Once you see these, you won't ever go near Naked & Famous, APCs or Nudies with a barge pole.post #22811 of 6038512/6/12 at 5:23pmpost #22812 of 6038512/6/12 at 5:41pmpost #22813 of 6038512/6/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Not sure - but: http://www.zambelli.com.au/post #22814 of 6038512/6/12 at 5:51pmpost #22815 of 6038512/6/12 at 6:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
There you go, that's where I saw it. I get the smart company newsletter everyday, it's a good read. Was just confusing Farage with Zambelli. And to further confuse things Zambelli and Nic Green are the same company too. NG made some great shirts back in the day.
Zambelli made some good shirts, although their sillhouette never quite fit me properly. Similarly the Nic Green ones, which were good quality for the price, if a little predicatble in design. DJs used to stock the latter quite extensively. I can see how you might confuse Zambelli with Farage, as the two brands seemed to share a similar style and attract the same clientele.
I wonder who bought them out? I have a couple of theories but I don't want to start rumours.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...