The constitution, Mabo, the vibe..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1521post #22801 of 5634912/6/12 at 2:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22802 of 5634912/6/12 at 2:57pmQuote:
This is something I'm yet to work out, having never seen a Farage suit in the wild and never having been bothered to walk into their stores.
I recently found out Farage made all suits in Australia, which really suprised me. Apparently he will now offshore to China as many factories there are now producing a superior product.
But, given the prices on the Farage website I think we would all agree that there are much better options for the price. You could get a base PJ suit for the same price as many of them.post #22803 of 5634912/6/12 at 3:02pmpost #22804 of 5634912/6/12 at 3:13pmpost #22805 of 5634912/6/12 at 3:51pm
Thanks to whomever it was that mentioned the landsend sale. The chinos I ordered just arrived. Can't complain for the price, Ill have to take them to the tailor to get the legs slimmed down a bit as even though I went with the tailored / slim style, still quite baggy, even factoring in the cost of that though I think I've come out ahead.post #22806 of 5634912/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
In the avoid section. Poorly cut and poorly made compared to Herringbone, MJ Bale etc. Their women's stuff seems to be much nicer, but the men's suits and shirts are overpriced and the quality is very hit and miss in my opinion.post #22807 of 5634912/6/12 at 4:03pmpost #22808 of 5634912/6/12 at 4:16pmpost #22809 of 5634912/6/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
Water will still change the dimensions to some degree. Up to you. Personally I'd get them hemmed about an inch or so too long. I washed some denim for a second time recently, and found the inseam shrunk again. If I'd had them hemmed to the correct length they would now be too short. YMMV of course, as these were not 3sixteens.post #22810 of 5634912/6/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
Not sure whether you know about this, but I have mentioned Corlection on Pitt Street quite a number of times. They are near the tram line. The guy is knowledgeable and they curate some great high quality Japanese denim for prices only 10% higher than Rakuten's prices. From memory, they stock Momotaro's, Pure Blue Japan, Strike Gold, Tenryo- all top notch stuff. Personally love the Strike Gold 14oz- world of difference. Once you see these, you won't ever go near Naked & Famous, APCs or Nudies with a barge pole.post #22811 of 5634912/6/12 at 5:23pmpost #22812 of 5634912/6/12 at 5:41pmpost #22813 of 5634912/6/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Not sure - but: http://www.zambelli.com.au/post #22814 of 5634912/6/12 at 5:51pmpost #22815 of 5634912/6/12 at 6:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
There you go, that's where I saw it. I get the smart company newsletter everyday, it's a good read. Was just confusing Farage with Zambelli. And to further confuse things Zambelli and Nic Green are the same company too. NG made some great shirts back in the day.
Zambelli made some good shirts, although their sillhouette never quite fit me properly. Similarly the Nic Green ones, which were good quality for the price, if a little predicatble in design. DJs used to stock the latter quite extensively. I can see how you might confuse Zambelli with Farage, as the two brands seemed to share a similar style and attract the same clientele.
I wonder who bought them out? I have a couple of theories but I don't want to start rumours.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 34 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)