or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1512

post #22666 of 51861
Bright tie and no square today


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter orange knit (sold out but re-stocking before xmas)
Shoes: Herring Reading
post #22667 of 51861

Ok given all the selfies this morning i thought id join in .. bent tie game ftw

 

* bespoke shirt - Thomas Mason silverline twill in ice blue

* Henry Carter glencheck silver/navy tie

* P.Johnson suit in Loro Piana four seasons 

* Owen and James white pocket square

 

All on my blog.

 

 

post #22668 of 51861
Nice Rob. Like the ice blue shirt.
post #22669 of 51861
Bent tie game, haha, love it.

I went 'bent tie' with the members tie yesterday.
post #22670 of 51861
Do any of you gents know where I could get a Barbour jacket tailored in Melbourne? I bought a To Ki To jacket which I received yesterday. Yes, I got caught up in the Skyfall hype surrounding the jacket! But it really is an amazing jacket and is perfect for what I was looking for.

After reading about a million posts from people on various forums that they fit incredibly small, I ordered up a size and it's nowhere near as slim as I was led to believe it would be. It probably needs to be nipped in at the sides a little.

So, any tailors that aren't going to butcher my nice new waxed cotton jacket? There's also a chest flap that sits behind the buttons which I'm thinking might need to be removed too. I cannot see myself ever needing it, and it's only going to get in the way.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Also, to the guy contemplating a new pen, I recently bought a Monteverde Invincia Stealth and I LOVE it. Beautiful weight, and it writes like a dream.
post #22671 of 51861
Gentlemen: I am rather desirious of buying a belt from Brooks Brothers during their current 40% sale on (selected) accessories, however their international shipping rates are of course ridiculous and I'd like to avoid them. I don't currently have a parcel forwarding service set up and I'm not sure it's worth doing so for this one thing, though perhaps it would be--I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest a solution? Do any Melbourne people perhaps have a parcel forwarding service set up already that I could piggy back on?
post #22672 of 51861
I use shipito. It has a lot of options from cheap + slow to quick + expensive. You can use my account, but there's no real advatage to just setting up your own (no sign up fee or anything).
post #22673 of 51861
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Gentlemen: I am rather desirious of buying a belt from Brooks Brothers during their current 40% sale on (selected) accessories, however their international shipping rates are of course ridiculous and I'd like to avoid them. I don't currently have a parcel forwarding service set up and I'm not sure it's worth doing so for this one thing, though perhaps it would be--I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest a solution? Do any Melbourne people perhaps have a parcel forwarding service set up already that I could piggy back on?


Price USA is quite reasonable, and they have a calculator on their website so you can gauge roughly how much it will cost you. Definitely recommended.

post #22674 of 51861
Deleted !
Edited by md2010 - 12/4/12 at 6:58pm
post #22675 of 51861
^^ I don't think you can advertise a business without being an affiliate, only personal sales!
post #22676 of 51861
^^ Thanks. I am in a process of making a menswear website. I will check for pricing to become an affiliate.
These shirts are my first attempt to create mid range shirts(tm lewin equivalent) under $40 price point.
post #22677 of 51861
I didn't realise $40 is mid-range. I thought mid-range was Borelli, Kiton, et al. Seriously, though, a well-fitting shirt for $40 - that's a steal. All the best smile.gif
post #22678 of 51861

No worries Gerry found me a source for the Barbour thornproof; anyhow what cut did you get on the 3sixteens and also did you size down? (cuz I didn't size down and stressing; fingers crossed)

post #22679 of 51861
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I didn't realise $40 is mid-range. I thought mid-range was Borelli, Kiton, et al. Seriously, though, a well-fitting shirt for $40 - that's a steal. All the best smile.gif

Lol mid rage meaning around $80-$90 tm lewin range shirt.
So I am aiming for mid range quality at low range price – under $40 (;
My shirts are all Malayans 2 fold cotton and tried by best with little details- non fused collar,4 piece split yoke and few little bits. And slim tailored fitting. Took me about 8 months to get all these organized for the first batch.
And yes for some people mid rage is $200+….
post #22680 of 51861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

No worries Gerry found me a source for the Barbour thornproof; anyhow what cut did you get on the 3sixteens and also did you size down? (cuz I didn't size down and stressing; fingers crossed)

Where did you go for the thornproof? I'm just about to reproof my jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members