Bond wears a black bow-tie to 'cocktail nights'.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1496post #22426 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22427 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:41pmpost #22428 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:42pmpost #22429 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:44pmpost #22430 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:45pmpost #22431 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:52pmpost #22432 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:54pm
Whenever someone says cocktail I picture Tony Montana in scarface lol
I think in reality cocktail suggests normal suit attire and people use the term as reference to NOT black tie.
It also renders imagery of more colour, no dark suit, no black shoes but of course play within your own realm of wardrobe choice!post #22433 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:57pmMichael I think you're confusing "cocktails" i.e drinking a cocktail with "cocktail" as a dress code. This might help.
http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/style/dressing-for-the-festive-season-20101202-18htk.htmlpost #22434 of 6123411/29/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
At all the not very many specifically Black Tie functions I've been to in the last 5 years less than 5% have actually worn a Dinner suit and black bow tie.
Cocktail should mean in by 5.30pm out by 7.30pm but I doubt people stick to that.
Cocktail should mean dressing up - not down - for going out on town later.
Any weddings I've been to lately very few are even wearing ties, let alone jackets or suits. [insert standard online pompous rant about current dress standards]
Truth is - unless you have evidence otherwise - almost any clean jacket and clean shirt and trousers that aren't too tight, too loose or too long will be more dressed up than most there.
Cocktail Dress really is the time for the shiney mohair suit with white shirt and knit tie.post #22435 of 6123411/29/12 at 7:02pmpost #22436 of 6123411/29/12 at 7:34pm
hey guys - looking for some input.
Im working on a menswear product that can involve a high degree of customisation and just wondering what websites you have seen that have a good interface? looking for some inspiration.
Ive looked at things like shoes of prey, indochino, joe button, institchu etc as examples but none have blown me away yet (shoes of prey is probably best)
Robpost #22437 of 6123411/29/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
A large parcel of boating revolves around the
Broadwater, docking off at stradebroke BBQng on the many beaches, with "all my
people". I cruise around on my bro in laws
boat for a bit of pace and like to kayak fish...
Edited by Dusty Brogues - 11/29/12 at 8:15pmpost #22438 of 6123411/29/12 at 7:56pmpost #22439 of 6123411/29/12 at 8:09pm
Cottonwork is fairly cool Romp.
And a cross post from the 'Carmina Shoe P0rn Thread:
Guys I have very flat and short feet; they usually bulge out the sides because the sole width of the waist is not enough for my extremely flat feet. Yet when I size up to accommodate this they are just too long. What last would you recommend for this? (if Carmina has none maybe another company?)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Visvim SS 101 (Damaged) | SIZE 4 fits 3/M 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › Maui Jim Dawn Patrol Black Sunglasses 11 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 13 minutes ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...