Bond wears a black bow-tie to 'cocktail nights'.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1496post #22426 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22427 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:41pmpost #22428 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:42pmpost #22429 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:44pmpost #22430 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:45pmpost #22431 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:52pmpost #22432 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:54pm
Whenever someone says cocktail I picture Tony Montana in scarface lol
I think in reality cocktail suggests normal suit attire and people use the term as reference to NOT black tie.
It also renders imagery of more colour, no dark suit, no black shoes but of course play within your own realm of wardrobe choice!post #22433 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:57pmMichael I think you're confusing "cocktails" i.e drinking a cocktail with "cocktail" as a dress code. This might help.
http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/style/dressing-for-the-festive-season-20101202-18htk.htmlpost #22434 of 6410211/29/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
At all the not very many specifically Black Tie functions I've been to in the last 5 years less than 5% have actually worn a Dinner suit and black bow tie.
Cocktail should mean in by 5.30pm out by 7.30pm but I doubt people stick to that.
Cocktail should mean dressing up - not down - for going out on town later.
Any weddings I've been to lately very few are even wearing ties, let alone jackets or suits. [insert standard online pompous rant about current dress standards]
Truth is - unless you have evidence otherwise - almost any clean jacket and clean shirt and trousers that aren't too tight, too loose or too long will be more dressed up than most there.
Cocktail Dress really is the time for the shiney mohair suit with white shirt and knit tie.post #22435 of 6410211/29/12 at 7:02pmpost #22436 of 6410211/29/12 at 7:34pm
hey guys - looking for some input.
Im working on a menswear product that can involve a high degree of customisation and just wondering what websites you have seen that have a good interface? looking for some inspiration.
Ive looked at things like shoes of prey, indochino, joe button, institchu etc as examples but none have blown me away yet (shoes of prey is probably best)
Robpost #22437 of 6410211/29/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
A large parcel of boating revolves around the
Broadwater, docking off at stradebroke BBQng on the many beaches, with "all my
people". I cruise around on my bro in laws
boat for a bit of pace and like to kayak fish...
Edited by Dusty Brogues - 11/29/12 at 8:15pmpost #22438 of 6410211/29/12 at 7:56pmpost #22439 of 6410211/29/12 at 8:09pm
Cottonwork is fairly cool Romp.
And a cross post from the 'Carmina Shoe P0rn Thread:
Guys I have very flat and short feet; they usually bulge out the sides because the sole width of the waist is not enough for my extremely flat feet. Yet when I size up to accommodate this they are just too long. What last would you recommend for this? (if Carmina has none maybe another company?)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Meermin MTO Burgundy Oxfords US7.5 (UK6.5) wide 9 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 seconds ago
- › Latest Point and Shoot Cameras 40 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Tie Lot: Sam Hober, Drakes, Isaia, Band of Outsiders 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...