Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1495post #22411 of 6794611/29/12 at 4:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22412 of 6794611/29/12 at 4:38pmpost #22413 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
Well...it's a traditional feature on and oxford cloth shirt. That's the look - they're not really supposed to figure hugging. Of course, if they are still too big for your tastes it easy to get them taken in.post #22414 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I understand. I'm just having a whinge. Having to wait a week before you can wear anything as it's getting altered kind of gets a little old. Just having a little rant.
Edited by Prof. B. Bear - 11/29/12 at 8:29pmpost #22415 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:25pmpost #22416 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:26pmpost #22417 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:26pmpost #22418 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:44pmI expect the Government will announce this afternoon it will not alter the tax-free import threshold of $1,000, and will address inefficiencies in import mechanisms.
Stay tuned for wailing from out of touch retailers - and my favourite rent seeker and race horse owner - Gerry Harvey.post #22419 of 6794611/29/12 at 5:49pmpost #22420 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:05pmpost #22421 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:10pm
Do you sail as well DB? The Gold Coast is pretty lack luster for sailing. There are plenty of great races down here in Sydney. That picture depicts pleasure sailing, which has a target audience of consisting of retirees. I prefer to go a bit faster.post #22422 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:23pmpost #22423 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:29pmpost #22424 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:36pmMichael you're thinking of black tie, which would be very overdressed for a restaraunt and what he is describing, Suit and no tie is what I'd assume as well. If it had lounge suit I'd assume ties should be worn. I'd still wear a tie for cocktail though fwiw.post #22425 of 6794611/29/12 at 6:39pm
I can see why you might assume that, but I reckon if black tie was the go they would say that. I'm thinking a darkish suit and white shirt - I'd normally add a tie, but is it bad to wear a tie if the groom is not? Mrs S is saying a bone cotton suit is the go - but that seems to 'daytime' to me.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Currently, there are 1550 Active Users (383 Members and 1167 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...