or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1481

post #22201 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Oh! And Rhodes and Beckett is having a 40% off sale! If their shirts, ties or cufflinks is your thing, enjoy!
minus the cufflinks & M2M, both aren't included - stupid R&B fineprint.
post #22202 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

For anyone that is pondering whether to get J. Crew Chino shorts, I received mine tonight. They are divine. They are made in China, but the 100% cotton is fantastic. The J. Crew box was nice and the labelling on the pants was superior. They are much better than my Cotton On shorts which are 98% cotton 2% elastine.

I got the 9" Stanton and the 9" Broken In. Both are wonderful. I am looking forward to wearing them this summer. Thanks Aussie SFers!

Good to hear.

Prof. Bear: I may be preaching to the choir here, but I am not sure that a pure linen shirt is work-appropriate for most professions (not sure what you do yourself). Casual Fridays is about as far as I would go.

I think you're thinking of ordering the Luxire 100% white linen and, while I haven't handled that specific fabric, other 100% linens I have had do indeed wrinkle quite a lot. By the end of the day they're a bit of a mess. A great look for weekends, but personally I wouldn't rock it at a normal work day as I think it looks a bit sloppy. I don't think pure linens suit being worn with a tie much at all, myself.

So, having said all that, I'd just embrace the casualness of the fabric and go with a BD collar and a shorter tail length, or a hidden BD cutaway collar for a more Euro look.

I work in a courtroom, though, so I dress reasonably conservatively.
post #22203 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowpane1967 View Post



Evening all, last reminder for BNE Meetup this Friday.

RSVP by COB tomorrow so that I can make arrangements based on final numbers.

I shall be there!

I'll send you a PM now, just to confirm.
post #22204 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Makes sense. They didn't have a medium in the navy which is the colour I was after so I went with End Clothing.

Hmmm...you and I ordering the same things again. I very nearly ordered through End Clothing for the navy but was happy with navy or white so went with the cheaper option.
post #22205 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

For anyone that is pondering whether to get J. Crew Chino shorts, I received mine tonight. They are divine. They are made in China, but the 100% cotton is fantastic. The J. Crew box was nice and the labelling on the pants was superior. They are much better than my Cotton On shorts which are 98% cotton 2% elastine.

I got the 9" Stanton and the 9" Broken In. Both are wonderful. I am looking forward to wearing them this summer. Thanks Aussie SFers!

Good to hear.

Prof. Bear: I may be preaching to the choir here, but I am not sure that a pure linen shirt is work-appropriate for most professions (not sure what you do yourself). Casual Fridays is about as far as I would go.

I think you're thinking of ordering the Luxire 100% white linen and, while I haven't handled that specific fabric, other 100% linens I have had do indeed wrinkle quite a lot. By the end of the day they're a bit of a mess. A great look for weekends, but personally I wouldn't rock it at a normal work day as I think it looks a bit sloppy. I don't think pure linens suit being worn with a tie much at all, myself.

So, having said all that, I'd just embrace the casualness of the fabric and go with a BD collar and a shorter tail length, or a hidden BD cutaway collar for a more Euro look.

I work in a courtroom, though, so I dress reasonably conservatively.

Really? You only show a reasonbly small amount of shirt between the jacket and the tie, coupled with interlining / stays / starch keeping the collar / cuffs fine... Obviously if you take your jacket off this is another issue.
post #22206 of 57818

Shitty shit shit. HC seems to have run out of maroon grenadines, and I was going to buy one tonight :'(

post #22207 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post


Hmmm...you and I ordering the same things again. I very nearly ordered through End Clothing for the navy but was happy with navy or white so went with the cheaper option.

 

Makes sense. If I didn't already have an off-white long sleeve polo from the Ken Barrell shop in town, I might have ordered a white one as well.

post #22208 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Shitty shit shit. HC seems to have run out of maroon grenadines, and I was going to buy one tonight :'(

 

Contact Ludlows (http://www.ludlows.com.au/) and see if they have any left. They are in-store and not shown on the website.

post #22209 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

Many thanks JM! I agree about the tie being too bright. Trying to find a happy medium is proving to be a pain. Any suggestions for other knit ties? I was thinking a plain navy or a navy/red stripe but think that will look a little too business-like.

I wear Navy a lot here in Canberra with a white shirt and I have a couple of Robert Talbot purple ties in varying shades I think it goes particularly well with Navy.
post #22210 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plestor View Post

Really? You only show a reasonbly small amount of shirt between the jacket and the tie, coupled with interlining / stays / starch keeping the collar / cuffs fine... Obviously if you take your jacket off this is another issue.

I take off my jacket a lot in summer satisfied.gif

Any sweat/humidity magnifies the wrinkles you get in pure linen as well.

Out of interest, does anyone here wear 100% linens with a suit and tie to work on a regular basis?
post #22211 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Shitty shit shit. HC seems to have run out of maroon grenadines, and I was going to buy one tonight :'(
Yeah sorry it sold out yesterday, and all grenadines are sold out now. They will be re-stocked in March, but with a newer tighter weave from a different mill and some new colours too. Quite a lot is running low on stock.

There are a few nice ties coming just before xmas though, can't remember if I posted them up but 5 new knits, 3 new beautiful printed silks and navy and maroon plain twills and a navy pin dot. The navy maroon twill would be a good substitute for the grenadine for an everyday work tie.
post #22212 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


Yeah sorry it sold out yesterday, and all grenadines are sold out now. They will be re-stocked in March, but with a newer tighter weave from a different mill and some new colours too. Quite a lot is running low on stock.
There are a few nice ties coming just before xmas though, can't remember if I posted them up but 5 new knits, 3 new beautiful printed silks and navy and maroon plain twills and a navy pin dot. The navy maroon twill would be a good substitute for the grenadine for an everyday work tie.

 

I might just get the burnt orange paisley for now, only if you pinkie swear to get a navy + red grenadine back in come march. 

post #22213 of 57818
Yeah they will be re-stocked for sure, along with hopefully a chocolate, forest green and a few others. But I need to wait until the swatches come with the pre-xmas delivery to decide.
post #22214 of 57818

A grey grenadine would go down really well too imo. 

post #22215 of 57818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Yeah sorry it sold out yesterday, and all grenadines are sold out now. They will be re-stocked in March, but with a newer tighter weave from a different mill and some new colours too. Quite a lot is running low on stock.
There are a few nice ties coming just before xmas though, can't remember if I posted them up but 5 new knits, 3 new beautiful printed silks and navy and maroon plain twills and a navy pin dot. The navy maroon twill would be a good substitute for the grenadine for an everyday work tie.

Great - I think I am someone who needs the more durable grenadines - wish I could have waited! Will definitely be buying myself a new tie pre-xmas though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members