Matt and Tom at P Johnson Tailors, South Melbourne swear by them and are often wearing theirs. They look good. Do not owe any personally. Am keen to try myself but they on a long wish list.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1470post #22036 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22037 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:37pmpost #22038 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:37pmpost #22039 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:38pmpost #22040 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:40pmpost #22041 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
Journeyman - I have been thinking of picking up some MJ Bale polos in that sale too since the KW sizing didn't work out for me. Have you handled any Kent Wang polos? I loved the collar on those - stands up nicely - and would hope that the MJ Bale polos do the same. I haven't handled them in person.
The placket on the MJ Bale polos is quite soft, so whilst the collar stands up when you put the shirt on in the morning, it does tend to slump a bit during the day.
This differs from my more traditional polo shirts, which have a firmer, wider placket which stands up more, thus holding up the collar.
I've also got some Uniqlo polo shirts which, interestingly, have a button-down collar which look excellent but they're a bit too slim for me at present.Quote:
The MJ Bale polo shirts are pretty slim, so if it's not too inconvenient for you, it might be worth at least wandering past a store and trying one on.post #22042 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:45pm
TBM, I don't have any long-sleeve LE polos, but I've got a few of their short-sleeve polo shirts.
I like them, but prefer my Uniqlo polo shirts as the Uniqlo collars curl less (even though the LE shirts supposedly have a "non-curl collar").
Just be careful that you're getting a tailored version as the regular LE stuff is pretty baggy.post #22043 of 5229111/22/12 at 4:49pmpost #22044 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:03pmpost #22045 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:08pmQuote:
Sorry, I should clarify - most of my Uniqlo polo shirts have a normal, ribbed collar.
However, the last time I was in Japan, I picked up a few with a button-down collar. The store had the usual polo shirt available in twenty or thirty different colours, but the one with the button-down collar appeared to be a seasonal addition to the range and was only available in about five different colours, including navy, white and pink.
I really like the regular Uniqlo polo shirts - whilst the "dry" range has a little bit of polyester in it to wick away sweat, they feel very comfortable, are slim-cut, are very colourfast, the front placket stands up nicely and the collar has a very nice shape. For about $20 each, they're great value.post #22046 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:20pm
My polos predominantly consist of Lacostes because they fit well and have all the colours I usually go after.
Have a couple from Sunspel. While I like the pocket and the fact that James Bond wears them, they feel see through and don't get much wear.
Have also bought one from Tailor Store ... and I like it but have too many to bother ordering more. They also have this thick panel on the back that I'm not too keen on but that may have changed.
Check out Tailor Store here: http://www.tailorstore.au.com/tailor-made-polo-pique-shirtspost #22047 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:23pmpost #22048 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:26pmQuote:
I haven't any Sunspel polo's, but I do have a couple of their Riviera t-shirts, and they are hands down the best t-shirts I have ever owned. Over two years old and they have kept their shape and colour like no other, and the are as soft as the day I bought them. That alone makes me comfortable ordering their polos sight unseen.post #22049 of 5229111/22/12 at 5:32pmHonestly I think that some arguments/discussions are quite healthy for this thread. As new members come on board (which has happened quite a bit recently) they will be able to make decisions on who's advice to trust.
I think recent comments surrounding polo shirts reiterates this. but, from the sounds of it there have been too many recently...
I am now tempted to try some other brands as I've typically stuck to Lacoste and Gant or RLBL for non-pique; when the collar goes floppy I buy another.post #22050 of 5229111/22/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I have a few Skipjack polos from Southern Tide and yes after 3 years they are colour fast and collars are still standing
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › SNS Herning- fits? 34 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NWT UNIQLO Michael Bastian Polos (2013 - Hard to Find Colors) - XS... 7 minutes ago
- › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)