or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1464

post #21946 of 53481

I missed my Luxire shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuark gotta wait till tmmrw T_T

Fingers crossed they fit well!

post #21947 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Lol lots of angry people around

We've all missed your calming influence master blahster.
post #21948 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


We've all missed your calming influence master blahster.

+1.  

post #21949 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

FWIW, as someone both new to the forum, and to menswear at all, I appreciate the people behind Henry Carter and Owen & James, it makes me pleased to know I'm getting quality and also supporting some locals trying to find out how to improve our slice of the world. For that reason, if a tie costs an extra $10, or a shirt an extra $30, who am I to complain? Will that $10 or $30 really matter to me? No, not at all, really.

Do I take a vicarious pleasure in watching O&J and HC grow, in part from my very small contribution? Absolutely.

For that reason, I hope this new shoe store is managed well, from what I can tell Beggar Man Thief is doing well, so there certainly is potential for decent shoe stores in Melbourne.

For me, pursuing quality is in some ways about the end product, but also about the relationships and culture that is created from smaller vendors, and a more specific customer base. Cliched and pretentious? Definitely, but true done the less.

Thanks matt, kind words
post #21950 of 53481
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Okay, so back when you were new, you put a blanket statement out asking for black cap toe shoes and maybe some brown shoes. You surrounded a newbie blanket question with a heap of bullshit about a 'solid foundation in my wardrobe', making it look like you had put some thought into it, when in reality you hadn't.

I mean, how bloody broad can you get? Someone tell me some black cap toe shoes to buy. Yes, you are quite right CS, "WTF".

Then, you have the nerve to verbally bash people who ask a similar question? Seriously, come on mate, there has to be an easier way to feel superior in life. You must have had a right royal shit day at work today.

In reply to your post above. Yes, I asked Markus if he could sell the jacket for $250, and he did. That was $50 lower than his offered price. You are seriously giving me shit for that? Several other people have pulled your socks up on that one, I can link you too their posts if you like. I posted here to certify authenticity and function of the jacket. Considering quite a few of your posts describe 50% off sales, I am sure you understand.

Digging deep into the archives demonstrates how desperate you are to have the final word no matter how weak your argument is. I am not engaging in this argument any more.
post #21951 of 53481
Quote:
Digging deep into the archives demonstrates how desperate you are to have the final word no matter how weak your argument is. I am not engaging in this argument any more.

I am very, very, very desperate.

 

Let's not argue anymore, you're right. Here, how about I have the final word, but I reiterate your point, so you can feel safe knowing that your message has got through.

 

The new members, with their broad questions: I need a belt, I need a wallet, I need chino shorts, I need a sports jacket, I need a wedding suit for an upcoming wedding, I need a suit for work, oh, and I need black shoes for my foundation wardrobe, where can I buy all this?  They can piss off because they degrade the historic quality of the thread. Lastly, any turd who tries to gauge quality and price can also bugger off because I assume they can't afford it.

 

Yes Checkstar, we got you loud and clear. I am listening to you: your point has been received and noted.


Edited by JimmyHoffa - 11/22/12 at 2:02am
post #21952 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

I am very, very, very desperate.

 

Let's not argue anymore, you're right. Here, how about I have the final word, but I reiterate your point, so you can feel safe knowing that your message has got through.

 

The new members, with their broad and rough questions: I need a belt, I need a wallet, I need chino shorts, I need a sports jacket, I need a wedding suit for an upcoming wedding and I need a suit for work, oh and I need black shoes for my foundation wardrobe, where can I buy all this?  They can piss off because they degrade the historic quality of the thread. Lastly, any turd who tries to gauge quality and price can also bugger off because I assume they can't afford it.

 

Yes Checkstar, we got you loud and clear. I am listening to you: your point has been received and noted by everyone.

I have approx. same amount of posts as you and I would still call myself new....just saying...I still like you Mike :)

post #21953 of 53481
sigh
post #21954 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

I have approx. same amount of posts as you and I would still call myself new....just saying...I still like you Mike :)

 

Haha, I wasn't typing on behalf of anyone else. What he said was directed at me. I was defending myself from rape. What else is a fish suppose to do?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

sigh

It is all over mate. Next person to ask a broad question is getting it! The rules of the thread have been established.

post #21955 of 53481
cool story bro
post #21956 of 53481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

On another note, I'm wearing my Henry Carter gingham shirt, HC orange knit tie and blue PJ suit. Only thing missing is RMs on my feet!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Southern Cross tattoo next Mr Nice Guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Alright, everyone. Calm down. We're just talking about clothing here, not international relations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Lol lots of angry people around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

We've all missed your calming influence master blahster.

And breathe...blahman is back to restore order....fxh is calling in the heavies. Keep calm and dress well.
Edited by Pink Socks - 11/22/12 at 4:17am
post #21957 of 53481

Hi, everyone. First time poster. Long term lurker (from the time PG left SF). Been following this thread for a long time.

CHECKstar is cool, and I've enjoyed his posts from when he first started posting. Please don't troll and keep this last bastion of SF friendly. Please, I beg you.

post #21958 of 53481

hey guys wheres a good place to get m2m shirts at a reasonable price? 

post #21959 of 53481

400

 

Little reminder to all SF'ers, particularly those who wear trousers and are in BNE.  Five confirmed so far.

post #21960 of 53481

To continue the discussion about footwear. I've been interested in many of the Australian shoemakers: Andrew McDonald, Emma the Shoemaker, Roberts and Hassett. Despite the pessism (or realism, who knows?) of the earlier posts in this thread, all three of these makers are thriving, some prices are quite high ($1200-$2000 for bespoke shoes), others are 'more affordable (500-600). In any case, I think there is room in Australia for higher quality, higher priced goods.

 

I know my current shoes are cheap and uncomfortable, when they fall apart I'm definitely upgrading.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members