Just saw that....hahah! Trust you to notice that fine detail.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1455post #21811 of 5186111/20/12 at 6:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21812 of 5186111/20/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Advertisers who have collectively spent more than $1 million on advertising for the Click Frenzy discount event will no doubt be questioning their decision after the campaign's site crashed last night after failing to handle the massive influx of traffic.
Some retailers are already questioning whether the deal was worth the spending. Adore Beauty chief executive Kate Morris told SmartCompany today she hasn't recouped her advertisings costs, and is "extremely disappointed" with how the sale went.
That sentiment is likely to be echoed across the retail industry today.Quote:The consumer watchdog has brought proceedings in the Federal Court in Sydney against 11 Harvey Norman franchisees for allegedly misrepresenting consumer rights.
You're standing in it.post #21813 of 5186111/20/12 at 6:45pm
Geesh this makes me laugh. What a circus. Seems the in patients at the institutions have been let loose, including those form DJs. As an exercise in project management and stockholder value creation, this is a FAIL. What a laughing stock this has been. Harvey (online own goal) Norman... whats left to say really.post #21814 of 5186111/20/12 at 6:53pmQuote:
I wrote an analyst report on HVN back in June/July when it was trading at 1.96. What a joke of a company. Old management stuck in the 20th century. It was hard finding anything good that warranted an investment in the company. It was trading at book value. I am suprised no one has bought it out and just sold the assets? Now it is down at $1.815.post #21815 of 5186111/20/12 at 7:08pm
Poor project management at it's best. How they failed to predictive model the effect increased traffic would have on their servers is beyond me. Whichever company ran Click Frenzy really needs to either; hire people with IT strategy/database management and sysadmin skills or contract it out to Consultants if they want to continue trading as a going concern.
The sad thing is that a company probably exists which would effectively run a very successful Click Frenzy campaign but won't get the opportunity as retailers are even more jaded than before.post #21816 of 5186111/20/12 at 7:09pmpost #21817 of 5186111/20/12 at 7:10pmMichael - as you know HN - well Gerry Harvey -( I don't know their exact structure - I suspect Gerry and his missus have neatly put the solid assets in their name and the liabilities in the shareholders name) - is slightly valuable because of the land and buildings. Mostly in good big box areas. But the whole franchise model is very rickety and his retail model is more old skool than Myers etc. Its only a matter of time.
If Bunnings/Officeworks move into big box household - and it would be an easy move - he'll be talking* to KordaMentha before you can say dodgy racing industry or import tax.
edit:: and bleating all over a compliant media about unfair treatment - GST/imports customers, government etcpost #21818 of 5186111/20/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
LOL I was just shit stirring.. Collar gap seems to be one of those things that will happen to everyone at some point or another.
A bit like this gem from Oscar Wilde: "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly."post #21819 of 5186111/20/12 at 7:17pmPower Retail, the company behind Click Frenzy, post an article about how damaging online retail is to the envrionment; http://www.powerretail.com.au/operations/the-environmental-impact-of-online-retail/
Yes, because the carbon footprint of developing a retail store with a parking lot and associated power costs is much more sustainable than servers running.post #21820 of 5186111/20/12 at 8:19pmpost #21821 of 5186111/20/12 at 8:34pm
Gents, just came across this after the director of the film started following me on twitter. Might kick in a few bucks and see how it turns out.
And here is the kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1508357355/men-of-the-cloth-humble-men-who-make-exalted-cloth
No affiliation with the movie from my end in case any one was wondering.post #21822 of 5186111/20/12 at 8:56pmpost #21823 of 5186111/20/12 at 8:57pmpost #21824 of 5186111/20/12 at 8:59pmpost #21825 of 5186111/20/12 at 9:00pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)