Just saw that....hahah! Trust you to notice that fine detail.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1455post #21811 of 6206111/20/12 at 6:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21812 of 6206111/20/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Advertisers who have collectively spent more than $1 million on advertising for the Click Frenzy discount event will no doubt be questioning their decision after the campaign's site crashed last night after failing to handle the massive influx of traffic.
Some retailers are already questioning whether the deal was worth the spending. Adore Beauty chief executive Kate Morris told SmartCompany today she hasn't recouped her advertisings costs, and is "extremely disappointed" with how the sale went.
That sentiment is likely to be echoed across the retail industry today.Quote:The consumer watchdog has brought proceedings in the Federal Court in Sydney against 11 Harvey Norman franchisees for allegedly misrepresenting consumer rights.
You're standing in it.post #21813 of 6206111/20/12 at 6:45pm
Geesh this makes me laugh. What a circus. Seems the in patients at the institutions have been let loose, including those form DJs. As an exercise in project management and stockholder value creation, this is a FAIL. What a laughing stock this has been. Harvey (online own goal) Norman... whats left to say really.post #21814 of 6206111/20/12 at 6:53pmQuote:
I wrote an analyst report on HVN back in June/July when it was trading at 1.96. What a joke of a company. Old management stuck in the 20th century. It was hard finding anything good that warranted an investment in the company. It was trading at book value. I am suprised no one has bought it out and just sold the assets? Now it is down at $1.815.post #21815 of 6206111/20/12 at 7:08pm
Poor project management at it's best. How they failed to predictive model the effect increased traffic would have on their servers is beyond me. Whichever company ran Click Frenzy really needs to either; hire people with IT strategy/database management and sysadmin skills or contract it out to Consultants if they want to continue trading as a going concern.
The sad thing is that a company probably exists which would effectively run a very successful Click Frenzy campaign but won't get the opportunity as retailers are even more jaded than before.post #21816 of 6206111/20/12 at 7:09pmpost #21817 of 6206111/20/12 at 7:10pmMichael - as you know HN - well Gerry Harvey -( I don't know their exact structure - I suspect Gerry and his missus have neatly put the solid assets in their name and the liabilities in the shareholders name) - is slightly valuable because of the land and buildings. Mostly in good big box areas. But the whole franchise model is very rickety and his retail model is more old skool than Myers etc. Its only a matter of time.
If Bunnings/Officeworks move into big box household - and it would be an easy move - he'll be talking* to KordaMentha before you can say dodgy racing industry or import tax.
edit:: and bleating all over a compliant media about unfair treatment - GST/imports customers, government etcpost #21818 of 6206111/20/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
LOL I was just shit stirring.. Collar gap seems to be one of those things that will happen to everyone at some point or another.
A bit like this gem from Oscar Wilde: "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly."post #21819 of 6206111/20/12 at 7:17pmPower Retail, the company behind Click Frenzy, post an article about how damaging online retail is to the envrionment; http://www.powerretail.com.au/operations/the-environmental-impact-of-online-retail/
Yes, because the carbon footprint of developing a retail store with a parking lot and associated power costs is much more sustainable than servers running.post #21820 of 6206111/20/12 at 8:19pmpost #21821 of 6206111/20/12 at 8:34pm
Gents, just came across this after the director of the film started following me on twitter. Might kick in a few bucks and see how it turns out.
And here is the kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1508357355/men-of-the-cloth-humble-men-who-make-exalted-cloth
No affiliation with the movie from my end in case any one was wondering.post #21822 of 6206111/20/12 at 8:56pmpost #21823 of 6206111/20/12 at 8:57pmpost #21824 of 6206111/20/12 at 8:59pmpost #21825 of 6206111/20/12 at 9:00pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Carmina Wingtip Boot Polo Suede GMTO Model 80277 53 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Kiton Jeans Sizing Q 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan