Just saw that....hahah! Trust you to notice that fine detail.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1455post #21811 of 6794611/20/12 at 6:36pmpost #21812 of 6794611/20/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Advertisers who have collectively spent more than $1 million on advertising for the Click Frenzy discount event will no doubt be questioning their decision after the campaign's site crashed last night after failing to handle the massive influx of traffic.
Some retailers are already questioning whether the deal was worth the spending. Adore Beauty chief executive Kate Morris told SmartCompany today she hasn't recouped her advertisings costs, and is "extremely disappointed" with how the sale went.
That sentiment is likely to be echoed across the retail industry today.Quote:The consumer watchdog has brought proceedings in the Federal Court in Sydney against 11 Harvey Norman franchisees for allegedly misrepresenting consumer rights.
You're standing in it.post #21813 of 6794611/20/12 at 6:45pm
Geesh this makes me laugh. What a circus. Seems the in patients at the institutions have been let loose, including those form DJs. As an exercise in project management and stockholder value creation, this is a FAIL. What a laughing stock this has been. Harvey (online own goal) Norman... whats left to say really.post #21814 of 6794611/20/12 at 6:53pmQuote:
I wrote an analyst report on HVN back in June/July when it was trading at 1.96. What a joke of a company. Old management stuck in the 20th century. It was hard finding anything good that warranted an investment in the company. It was trading at book value. I am suprised no one has bought it out and just sold the assets? Now it is down at $1.815.post #21815 of 6794611/20/12 at 7:08pm
Poor project management at it's best. How they failed to predictive model the effect increased traffic would have on their servers is beyond me. Whichever company ran Click Frenzy really needs to either; hire people with IT strategy/database management and sysadmin skills or contract it out to Consultants if they want to continue trading as a going concern.
The sad thing is that a company probably exists which would effectively run a very successful Click Frenzy campaign but won't get the opportunity as retailers are even more jaded than before.post #21816 of 6794611/20/12 at 7:09pmpost #21817 of 6794611/20/12 at 7:10pmMichael - as you know HN - well Gerry Harvey -( I don't know their exact structure - I suspect Gerry and his missus have neatly put the solid assets in their name and the liabilities in the shareholders name) - is slightly valuable because of the land and buildings. Mostly in good big box areas. But the whole franchise model is very rickety and his retail model is more old skool than Myers etc. Its only a matter of time.
If Bunnings/Officeworks move into big box household - and it would be an easy move - he'll be talking* to KordaMentha before you can say dodgy racing industry or import tax.
edit:: and bleating all over a compliant media about unfair treatment - GST/imports customers, government etcpost #21818 of 6794611/20/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
LOL I was just shit stirring.. Collar gap seems to be one of those things that will happen to everyone at some point or another.
A bit like this gem from Oscar Wilde: "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly."post #21819 of 6794611/20/12 at 7:17pmPower Retail, the company behind Click Frenzy, post an article about how damaging online retail is to the envrionment; http://www.powerretail.com.au/operations/the-environmental-impact-of-online-retail/
Yes, because the carbon footprint of developing a retail store with a parking lot and associated power costs is much more sustainable than servers running.post #21820 of 6794611/20/12 at 8:19pmpost #21821 of 6794611/20/12 at 8:34pm
Gents, just came across this after the director of the film started following me on twitter. Might kick in a few bucks and see how it turns out.
And here is the kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1508357355/men-of-the-cloth-humble-men-who-make-exalted-cloth
No affiliation with the movie from my end in case any one was wondering.post #21822 of 6794611/20/12 at 8:56pmpost #21823 of 6794611/20/12 at 8:57pmpost #21824 of 6794611/20/12 at 8:59pmpost #21825 of 6794611/20/12 at 9:00pmThanks guys. I'm impatiently waiting to wear them everywhere, get them beat up and then spend an episode of Dexter polishing them up nicely.
EDIT: Except when Hannah McKay is on screen. Then I'm looking at the screen not my shoes.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › NWT CARUSO FOR MA.CO. CHARCOAL SUIT 46IT/36US 11 minutes ago
- › Suit Supply navy blazer - Sz 34 12 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding