or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1452

post #21766 of 52513
^ Sorry, what I meant to say is 'more photos of the actual jeans'.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy.
post #21767 of 52513

Dammit, left out the link. I have made this page nicer: http://styleforumau.wikidot.com/wiki:suits-in-australia Does anyone with interwebs skills know how to make the column widths the same?

 

Also, Michael, the first pic may look real as Brownman said but the pic is not the item being sold. The auction states the item is without tags but that pic has tags. The second picture may be the actual item, but it is harder to tell from that shot. A quick look through the feedback notes that despite the high score a couple of people have been shipped fake goods or at least they believe they have been, so be wary.

post #21768 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

^ The ones in the first picture don't appear to be fake, but I'd need more photos to confirm this. Given the low price (lower than ASOS, Revolve Clothing, et al), I would be hesitant to buy them.
Also, are you sure you want the Thin Finn? The low back yoke and low pockets have a tendency to hang. It suits indie rockers, those with extremely skinny legs and people who want to look like they've shat themselves. I hope you fit into the former two wink.gif
lol:rotflmao:
post #21769 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

HAHA - I'm wearing a lilac shirt today and three women have said, "PWOAH, the mo looks huge!"
It's likely not a compliment, but I'll take it as one.

Some inspiration for you.

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/36166401743/breaking-news-hyper-masculine-perfectly-groomed
post #21770 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Dammit, left out the link. I have made this page nicer: http://styleforumau.wikidot.com/wiki:suits-in-australia Does anyone with interwebs skills know how to make the column widths the same?

 

Also, Michael, the first pic may look real as Brownman said but the pic is not the item being sold. The auction states the item is without tags but that pic has tags. The second picture may be the actual item, but it is harder to tell from that shot. A quick look through the feedback notes that despite the high score a couple of people have been shipped fake goods or at least they believe they have been, so be wary.

Yep I will be very wary. I think I will give them a miss. I don't like jeans that hang low at the back. In those photos they look like they don't, but TBM says they do. I was always told that Nudie is the only decent jean in Australia.

 

With the wiki, Dart, Herringbone is all made in China now and MJ Bale Collection suits are now 2 button or even single buttoned suits.

post #21771 of 52513
Quote:

Women would throw their underwear at him. No question about it. He probably wouldn't even bat an eyelid he's so used to it..
post #21772 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Yep I will be very wary. I think I will give them a miss. I don't like jeans that hang low at the back. In those photos they look like they don't, but TBM says they do. I was always told that Nudie is the only decent jean in Australia.

 

With the wiki, Dart, Herringbone is all made in China now and MJ Bale Collection suits are now 2 button or even single buttoned suits.

Cheers have updated. Can you think of any other brands you considered or problems you had when you first started your SF adventure?

post #21773 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Yep I will be very wary. I think I will give them a miss. I don't like jeans that hang low at the back. In those photos they look like they don't, but TBM says they do. I was always told that Nudie is the only decent jean in Australia.

With the wiki, Dart, Herringbone is all made in China now and MJ Bale Collection suits are now 2 button or even single buttoned suits.


The Thin Finn has a low yoke so depending on how you size them, you either have a fold of material or not. But, it's again not so simple. The Thin Finns, like a Levi's 501 are an "anti fit" so the centre back seam on the seat is cut straight, rather than to conform to one's anatomy. However, this is where the similarities end. The 501 is a roomier cut, while the Thin Finn isn't, so the extra seat room coupled with the thin legs emphasises the droop in the back on the Thin Finn. Also, jeans fit everyone differently - it's just that unlike classic tailored garments, there's more "margin for error" with something like jeans. If your butt fills them out, you may not have the droop. If you size down a lot, you'll mitigate it but the pressure on your, erm, front area, will be unbearable. Just try ones on you like and buy them smile.gif
post #21774 of 52513
Was browsing the Cheaney website last night. They now have free worldwide delivery and offer a number of classic styles in what I believe is a new last called the '125'.

I own Cheaney for Herring, and have been very pleased with them.
post #21775 of 52513
Getting a haircut at Rockit barber shop later today. Anyone else scheduled for a haircut today?
post #21776 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Yep I will be very wary. I think I will give them a miss. I don't like jeans that hang low at the back. In those photos they look like they don't, but TBM says they do. I was always told that Nudie is the only decent jean in Australia.

With the wiki, Dart, Herringbone is all made in China now and MJ Bale Collection suits are now 2 button or even single buttoned suits.

Some advice to the newbies from someone who's tried both Bone and Bale: Don't put too much stock in the whole Made in China vs Made in Japan argument.

The HBone 'Made in China' suits I owned had a softer, finer hand than their Bale equivalents. Also, HBone's suits are made at the same factory (in China) that produces Z Zegna, so it ain't exactly an amateur op. It's just a gut feel, but there's something quite workman-like about the Bale suit construction; can't quite put my finger on it.

As for shirts, I've had severe consistency issues with Bale shirts; problems I never experienced with HBone (even after they moved production facilities from Turkey to Vietnam). That said, Bale's ties are better than the current crop of Bone's ties, which are, imo, very poorly made.

CEP
post #21777 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Some advice to the newbies from someone who's tried both Bone and Bale: Don't put too much stock in the whole Made in China vs Made in Japan argument.
The HBone 'Made in China' suits I owned had a softer, finer hand than their Bale equivalents. Also, HBone's suits are made at the same factory (in China) that produces Z Zegna, so it ain't exactly an amateur op. It's just a gut feel, but there's something quite workman-like about the Bale suit construction; can't quite put my finger on it.
As for shirts, I've had severe consistency issues with Bale shirts; problems I never experienced with HBone (even after they moved production facilities from Turkey to Vietnam). That said, Bale's ties are better than the current crop of Bone's ties, which are, imo, very poorly made.
CEP

Agree with CEP's assessment. Bone's current ties are so shit it's embarrassing. Also, Bone's MIC suits are not 'bad' suits. Neither are Bale's suits, but they do seem to be reeled off the line quite quickly.

Most of us here have to live with pecuniary constraints of some description, so there will be some compromise somewhere - it's just about deciding what to trade off and whether that trade off is "worth it" (all things considered).
post #21778 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Agree with CEP's assessment. Bone's current ties are so shit it's embarrassing. Also, Bone's MIC suits are not 'bad' suits. Neither are Bale's suits, but they do seem to be reeled off the line quite quickly.
Most of us here have to live with pecuniary constraints of some description, so there will be some compromise somewhere - it's just about deciding what to trade off and whether that trade off is "worth it" (all things considered).

Truer words were never spoken.
post #21779 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post


Some advice to the newbies from someone who's tried both Bone and Bale: Don't put too much stock in the whole Made in China vs Made in Japan argument.
The HBone 'Made in China' suits I owned had a softer, finer hand than their Bale equivalents. Also, HBone's suits are made at the same factory (in China) that produces Z Zegna, so it ain't exactly an amateur op. It's just a gut feel, but there's something quite workman-like about the Bale suit construction; can't quite put my finger on it.
As for shirts, I've had severe consistency issues with Bale shirts; problems I never experienced with HBone (even after they moved production facilities from Turkey to Vietnam). That said, Bale's ties are better than the current crop of Bone's ties, which are, imo, very poorly made.
CEP

Yo, don't think we were actually claiming MIC was bad, just wanted this as part of the information. I have zero preference regarding country of origin, I just enjoy understanding the source.

post #21780 of 52513
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Getting a haircut at Rockit barber shop later today. Anyone else scheduled for a haircut today?

I got mine from Rockit on Monday...

Edit: completely wrong quote...
Edited by CHECKstar - 11/20/12 at 4:41pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members