or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1449

post #21721 of 52334

A quick scan reveals the following websites are down at the moment:

 

http://www.clickfrenzy.com.au/

http://www.kogan.com/au/

http://www.myer.com.au/

http://dicksmith.com.au/dsau/home.jsp

post #21722 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

A quick scan reveals the following websites are down at the moment:

http://www.clickfrenzy.com.au/
http://www.kogan.com/au/
http://www.myer.com.au/
http://dicksmith.com.au/dsau/home.jsp

+1

Going to go watch Dexter, Season 7 Episode 8 instead.
post #21723 of 52334

I just picked up a cpl of the MJbale shirts from TMS, I was under the impression they did descent shirts and was almost going to grab 2 for the $100 but the discussion a couple of pages back seems to indicate their shirts aren't that good?

 

Man, im kicking myself I missed out on the 20% code from Amazon was tired and thought no ill sign up the next day then buy those AE Daltons I've been eyeing off...nope expired >.<, oh well thats what laziness gets you.

post #21724 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Sigh, was entering purchasing details for this when stock ran out http://www.themensshop.com.au/Herringbone-Wool-Silver-Patch-Blazer/Mens-Blazer/?err=options_stock

$169 for a Herringbone jacket was too good to miss.

I think you should be glad you did. Not one of Herringbone's finest moments.
post #21725 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post


+1
Going to go watch Dexter, Season 7 Episode 8 instead.

If you haven't watched it yet, the latest ep of Walking Dead last night was pretty good.

post #21726 of 52334

Osiris - the shirts are great quality. I'm shorter than Michael Sy and I have to get sleeves taken up. It's just part of buying off the rack for me. I don't get bummed out by it, though. I've bought MJ Bale shirts and the quality is fantastic. Off the rack in australia, I'd say they are excellent, great quality, great price.

 

Is MTM/bespoke better? Yeah. But these are $50 shirts + $20 in tailoring for someone like me - vs PJ's which are $250 a shirt. So again, it's about perspective. I wouldn't expect MJ Bale shirts to be better than MTM/bespoke.  

post #21727 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Osiris - the shirts are great quality. I'm shorter than Michael Sy and I have to get sleeves taken up. It's just part of buying off the rack for me. I don't get bummed out by it, though. I've bought MJ Bale shirts and the quality is fantastic. Off the rack in australia, I'd say they are excellent, great quality, great price.

 

Is MTM/bespoke better? Yeah. But these are $50 shirts + $20 in tailoring for someone like me - vs PJ's which are $250 a shirt. So again, it's about perspective. I wouldn't expect MJ Bale shirts to be better than MTM/bespoke.  

Thanks for that, yeah im not expecting them to be better than MTM/Bespoke just heard they were good for OTR which sounds like they are.  which is kind of bad because now I might go give the 2 for $100 another look in and spend more $$ hehe.

post #21728 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

If you haven't watched it yet, the latest ep of Walking Dead last night was pretty good.

Watching it after Dexter. Save the best til' last! smile.gif
post #21729 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Anyway, Click Frenzy has crashed :).

 

#clickfrenzy is trending on Twitter now, as is Davidjones, whose site also crawled along and joined the crash frenzy.  uhoh.gif

 

Quote:
So, I hear that David Jones was competing with tonight...to see who could run out of capacity first.

 

Disappointing and hilarious in equal doses
 

post #21730 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Thanks for that, yeah im not expecting them to be better than MTM/Bespoke just heard they were good for OTR which sounds like they are.  which is kind of bad because now I might go give the 2 for $100 another look in and spend more $$ hehe.

I walked into the Melbourne store with the sole intention of looking. After chatting to Tom for a good hour, I walked out with 3 shirts for $200!

post #21731 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Osiris - the shirts are great quality. I'm shorter than Michael Sy and I have to get sleeves taken up. It's just part of buying off the rack for me. I don't get bummed out by it, though. I've bought MJ Bale shirts and the quality is fantastic. Off the rack in Australia, I'd say they are excellent, great quality, great price.

 

Is MTM/bespoke better? Yeah. But these are $50 shirts + $20 in tailoring for someone like me - vs PJ's which are $250 a shirt. So again, it's about perspective. I wouldn't expect MJ Bale shirts to be better than MTM/bespoke.  

Doesn't it drive you nuts that you have to buy a shirt, take it to the tailor, wait for the tailor to alter it and pick it up at a later date? If you think about it, the $20 is an extra 40% on top of the price. That is quite substantial.

 

The only OTR shirt that seems to have decent measurements aside from Tarocash et al, are the HC shirts. A 38cm neck with a 62cm sleeve is perfect. What sleeve length are you? Lacyhezee seems to have hit the mark with Luxire MTM, which appears very affordable for quality fabrics. Maybe he can elaborate on the difference in construction and fabric for the Bone/Bale shirts and his latest Luxire shirts.

post #21732 of 52334

I drank a glass of whiskey to my Barbour Bedale while I was ordering it (again)....my friends I hope you will drink something to the my barbour and wish it safe passage to my loving arms.....

P.S.

I am a little drunk and I WANT MI DAM BARBOUR!!!

post #21733 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Doesn't it drive you nuts that you have to buy a shirt, take it to the tailor, wait for the tailor to alter it and pick it up at a later date? If you think about it, the $20 is an extra 40% on top of the price. That is quite substantial.

 

The only OTR shirt that seems to have decent measurements aside from Tarocash et al, are the HC shirts. A 38cm neck with a 62cm sleeve is perfect. What sleeve length are you? Lacyhezee seems to have hit the mark with Luxire MTM, which appears very affordable for quality fabrics. Maybe he can elaborate on the difference in construction and fabric for the Bone/Bale shirts and his latest Luxire shirts.

Oh Michael, I think we would be twins. 38/62 is all me. You're probably slimmer than me, seeing as how you posted about Tennis, though!

 

I'm going down the Luxire road once I come back from the UK. Getting a shirt made up in the Row, and will use that as my basis for future measurements. 

 

My tailor is brilliant. She can do one our turn arounds, and she's cheap as chips and does a stellar job. Used to make suits, but basic alterations makes more money, and is easier, so that';s all she does now. But yes, it's a little frustrating not being able to get OTR that fits perfectly. But it's the same with suits - I always have to get the sleeves taken up, and the pants hemmed. It's just all part of it, I guess. I donno, it's a little frustrating, but I've kinda accepted that unless I buy only bespoke/MTM it's a fact of life. 

 

Like I said, the frustration will be less once I go MTM, which I assume you are too - so it's now only suits and pants that will need tailoring! ;)

post #21734 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Maybe he can elaborate on the difference in construction and fabric for the Bone/Bale shirts and his latest Luxire shirts.

Nope, I know nothing about shirts, sorry. I owned a Herringbone shirt once, but I sold it because it was too small satisfied.gif
post #21735 of 52334

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new wallet. I want a nice slim and stylish wallet. Colour could be Black, Brown, Blue (Navyish). I would like one with an ID slot but I guess it's not necessary but it is preferred, coin purse wouldn't matter if it does or doesn't have one. I have 8 cards total that I use 2 of these are ID cards and the others are just important ones. I don't want to be spending too much, all suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks,
Jordon

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members