or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1434

post #21496 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Appleseed View Post

 

This is not about profit. I have dropped from about a 44 to a 38 in a very short period of time. See my post here. I would NOT be selling them if I could find someone competent to recut the suit & blazer to a 38 - and finding the 'right' person is a very expensive experiment. That blundering half-arsed know nothing at Rochefort completely butchered one RLBL suit. SF-approved Hayel attempted to recut the RLBL tux that I linked to. Another $450. It's just not practical. In retrospect, I should have taken up Cutlers offer of $750. 

 

So I have calculated the price to be such that any less and it is more worthwhile to me to go to Cutler and pay the premium to have it professionally recut. 

Congrats again, you must have shed some serious stone.

 

On that topic, I am a 42R who could lose some weight. However, I wear a 42 largely because anything smaller than that does not fit me across the shoulders. I dare say if I was to shed 15kg, I would still need a 42R for the shoulder width but just require the waist of my suits taken in. So I'm interested, how did you manage to get from a 44 to a 38 jacket size? Do your shoulders fit a 38?

post #21497 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Appleseed View Post

This is not about profit. I have dropped from about a 44 to a 38 in a very short period of time. See my post here. I would NOT be selling them if I could find someone competent to recut the suit & blazer to a 38 - and finding the 'right' person is a very expensive experiment. That blundering half-arsed know nothing at Rochefort completely butchered one RLBL suit. SF-approved Hayel attempted to recut the RLBL tux that I linked to. Another $450. It's just not practical. In retrospect, I should have taken up Cutlers offer of $750. 

So I have calculated the price to be such that any less and it is more worthwhile to me to go to Cutler and pay the premium to have it professionally recut. 

Hi John. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences attempting to have your suits recut. As journeyman says, it's disappointing the tailors took on the job to completely recut a suit when they perhaps should have advised you to start afresh. And for $750 I'd want to be pretty darn sure Cutler would do a better job.
post #21498 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Appleseed View Post

I have dropped from about a 44 to a 38 in a very short period of time. See my post here

Congratulations on your weight loss. The only downsize is the need for a new wardrobe (this is great, except on the bank balance). Last year I went from a 44/46 (or whatever fitted/I could find) to about a 40/42 (depending on brand) and basically had to start again wardrobe-wise. Got a few things altered but mostly just bought new items wisely (learning from years of sartorial interest and mistakes) and got some MTM (from P Johnson) to make the most of my new physique (and a reminder to stay in the same shape). Good luck with it.

Oh, and thebrownman saw this and though you could use it as a outfit idea for when your tassel loafers arrive....maybe.

http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/35872990268/prince-charles-in-tassel-loafers
post #21499 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetminimal View Post

Another kudos to Jason on the customer service at HC. Ordered my shirt on Weds and it arrived today! Bloody fast and the shirt fit is on point:slayer:icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Now only if you had more colours and styles, this would be AWESOME!!
Might also start keeping these personalised notes, it makes me feel special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary12 View Post

Same here streetminimal, big ups to Jason.
The note is a nice touch!
Think I may have to order a shirt now satisfied.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Jason

For your sizing guide, you accidentally put '52 cm' for the sleeve length on a 38cm neck shirt. I think you had intended it to be 62cm.

I notice these shirts are slightly more tight than O&Js shirts. Your shirting measurements are certainly more close to my shirting measurements. I am quite tempted to give one a shot. I am still cursing about missing out on a shirt from O&J.

Thanks guys,

Michael yep I am aware about the 52 mistake, will fix that up today sometime. Just FYI there is only 1 x 38 left in the blue and 2 in the white. I am in the process of swapping makers, due mainly to the fact that the supplier is too un-reliable, poor communication etc etc. But I hope to keep the cut pretty well the same and add some fabrics and a few different collars as well. But realistically there won't be anymore shirts until March next year.

As promised, here are the 3 printed ties that will be coming just before xmas, along with a plain navy & maroon twill, plus a navy pin-dot.
Click to enlarge
post #21500 of 57883
post #21501 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post

You are trying to flip the product for a profit. It is what it is.
If you wanted to give people a heads up, then just tell them where the store is.

this.

nobody cares if you're trying to make a profit.
post #21502 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

For anyone into sneakers... thoughts?
http://shop.kithnyc.com/products/new-balance-1300-blue-grey
http://www.uptherestore.com/product/m1300bg-0

have you tried Hogan? it's what NB is to NYC but in Europe... (huge)
post #21503 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvish View Post

have you tried Hogan? it's what NB is to NYC but in Europe... (huge)

No, but I just google imaged "hogan shoes" and threw up a little in my mouth. So shiny.... so euro....
post #21504 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

No, but I just google imaged "hogan shoes" and threw up a little in my mouth. So shiny.... so euro....

you're right. they all look, well, shit. i went to the outlet and it had very similar shoes to the NB / Superga styles. i guess that was too many seasons ago.
post #21505 of 57883

Those are some beautiful ties jason. I'm gonna have to take out a tie loan from the bank :(

post #21506 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Congrats again, you must have shed some serious stone.

 

On that topic, I am a 42R who could lose some weight. However, I wear a 42 largely because anything smaller than that does not fit me across the shoulders. I dare say if I was to shed 15kg, I would still need a 42R for the shoulder width but just require the waist of my suits taken in. So I'm interested, how did you manage to get from a 44 to a 38 jacket size? Do your shoulders fit a 38?

 

I just put on an old 44 and I have no idea how my shoulders ever managed to fit into this. It's mind boggling, I could now use this suit as a parachute. 

post #21507 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post


Avoid Master Watchmaking.
Try Max Schweizer.

Thanks all who have replied with suggestions... will definitely check out Max

post #21508 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Appleseed View Post

 

I just put on an old 44 and I have no idea how my shoulders ever managed to fit into this. It's mind boggling, I could now use this suit as a parachute. 

 

It just depends how your fat was distributed. Mine was mostly around my stomach so when I lost around 20kg, I went from a size 40 to a size 38. My shoulder circumference went down by 2 inches but my waist went from 38" to 30".

post #21509 of 57883
it is quite surprising that Hayel did not warn you about downsizing by that much. I've gone to Hayel for so many years and the very first lesson he taught me was to buy suit with the right shoulder fit....everything else is adjustable. Perhaps you were giving him the impression that you are very keen to keep the jacket and downsize?
post #21510 of 57883
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvish View Post

Ralph takes back his licence from Oroton Group

That long? I was hoping Ralph to take over sooner....the choice of stuff here even in Sydney is really crap. Why only Collin St have the RLBL suiting range for example
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members